DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Go 4 update will not work with IOS 11

Reactions
I updated the DJI Go 4 app yesterday. My iphone 6+ is on IOS 11.1. The newly updated app froze right before you get to the aircraft status page...I tried everything...clearing out memory...rebooting the phone...deleting and reloading the app...
I finally chatted with DJI support and they confirmed that they are working on a fix for this problem...so if you have IOS 11 or higher...don't update the Go 4 app yet.

Reactions: Pvitale
I only have an iPhone 6, but all has been working well for me with DJI GO 4.1.12 and iOS 11.0.2.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Two days ago i had the bad surprise to see my dji go 4 app crashing on my ipad mini 4 during a flight (never happened before). The app couldn’t work more than 20 seconds. Pretty annoying. Since, i deleted the app and re downloaded it, no more issue...

Two days ago i had the bad surprise to see my dji go 4 app crashing on my ipad mini 4 during a flight (never happened before). The app couldn’t work more than 20 seconds. Pretty annoying. Since, i deleted the app and re downloaded it, no more issue...

Glad it worked out...kinda takes your breath away when that happens...

Glad it worked out...kinda takes your breath away when that happens...

Hopefully, the RC was still connected and i still control of the Mavic. I lunched some quickshot video just before the app crashed: i lost the files on my iPad but not the ones on the sd card. The mavic continued his quickshot mission to the end even if the app crashed, good to Know!!!

I just updated my ipad air 2 to iOS 11.0.2 and Go 4 app to 4.1.12 and flew indoors without any problems. I'm still a bit hesitant on updating my iphone 7+ to 11.0.2. It's still on 11.0.1 with Go 4 app on 4.1.11.

I won't update either. I will buy a used iPhone 6s Plus to use as a dedicated device and roll back DJI Go app if necessary to maintain compatibility.

I won't update either. I will buy a used iPhone 6s Plus to use as a dedicated device and roll back DJI Go app if necessary to maintain compatibility.

You should try to found an used iPad mini instead. You will clearly have a better view !

Works on my combo too with iOs 11 - iPhone 6 and iPad Air2 .

Last edited:
I updated the DJI Go 4 app yesterday. My iphone 6+ is on IOS 11.1. The newly updated app froze right before you get to the aircraft status page...I tried everything...clearing out memory...rebooting the phone...deleting and reloading the app...
I finally chatted with DJI support and they confirmed that they are working on a fix for this problem...so if you have IOS 11 or higher...don't update the Go 4 app yet.
I had same problem uninstalled app and reinstalled dji go. All vood.

Reactions: Pancaro77
I had a problem with the Mavic being locked in Beginner mode. It was solved by upgrading from IOS 11.0.1 to IOS 11.0.2 and reinstalling Go 4.

No issues with IOS 11.03 on IPad mini4 and Pro 10.5

This same thing happened to me on my iPad mini 4 with iOS 11.0.2. DJI Go 4 would constantly crash as soon as a link to the Magic was established.
Finally completely uninstalled DJI Go 4 and did a clean reinstall. Now it works perfectly.

Reactions: Pancaro77
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming