DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Go updates, now constant nag screen when above 400feet agl.....

you're just trying to rig the rules...the 400 ft rule is fly over and just because you are hovering over a building you are not allowed to fly higher..the 400 ft rule is meant to apply to terrain. I suppose you think the same thing would apply to a tower.

Reactions: Galeforce1
you're just trying to rig the rules...the 400 ft rule is fly over and just because you are hovering over a building you are not allowed to fly higher..the 400 ft rule is meant to apply to terrain. I suppose you think the same thing would apply to a tower.

Uh, it does, here in the U.S.
In the U.S., If you are standing within 400 feet of the base of a tower or building, your maximum altitude is/can be 400 above the top of the tower/building.

Period.

Uh, it does, here in the U.S.
In the U.S., If you are standing within 400 feet of the base of a tower or building, your maximum altitude is/can be 400 above the top of the tower/building.

Period.

Only if you're flying Part 107. Hobby/Recreational doesn't have the "Structure" allowance in it.

In class G airspace that's the way I read the rules
From the FAA:
* Fly your drone at or below 400 feet above the ground when in uncontrolled (Class G) airspace.
* Obtain authorization before flying in controlled airspace (Class B, C, D, and E)

In class G airspace that's the way I read the rules. Other class airspace you are correct.

Hobby/Recreational is a HARD limit of 400'AGL with no allowance for "flying over structures higher".

I was misinformed or misunderstood also. This is getting so convoluted, I bet 90% of the hobbyists didn't know this..
And I felt like I had a good grasp of all the rules..

I factory reset my phone yesterday and will have to install GO4 again. Can anyone tell me the last good GO4 version which does not have these nanny issues? Thanks!

GO4 v4.3.29
Thanks, much appreciated! Thumbswayup

EDIT: For some reason, there is no v4.3.29 on the apkpure site. It jumps from .28 to .32. Went for v.28

Last edited by a moderator:
I was misinformed or misunderstood also. This is getting so convoluted, I bet 90% of the hobbyists didn't know this..

I haven’t flown my drones in months. I had always complied with the rules but frankly, it just isn’t fun anymore. But as soon as MS Flight Sim is released, I’ll be able buzz the FAA HQ at 10 ft in an F16. Oh joy!

Part of the problem is people aren't going back to the official sources for their information (FAA website etc) and with people who are spewing bad/wrong information on our forums. The rules aren't really that difficult but bad actors in our industry are going to make them more and more strict and we need to Self Police a lot more than we currently do.

If you're going to get your information from "UnOfficial" sources you need to research the people making the statements and determine how accurate/trustworthy/knowledgeable they are. Way to many people come here "acting" like they know the rules and they give horrible suggestions. Then those bad suggestions are "out there" for anyone to read and take as good information.

@
Flycaster
the APK version of this app (got from apkpure) never worked for me, it installs but when I run it, tries to get more packages or something upon first run on the phone and it craps out.
If you use the apkpure app, you can download the xapk file, and it will have all of the obb that the apk only is trying to download.

First you just can not fly 400 feet over any object. You can only do that in Class G airspace. If you are in say a class D airspace and you get a LAANC from say Airmap to Fly at 100 feet, then... you can not go 400 feet over an object, unless you get a "paper waiver" to fly outside the provisions of the LAANC which you have to get from the FAA site. If you can get that waiver and you send that to DJI to manually Unlock you will get a code to Unlock that Flight and fly to the Altitude you want.

"Goodies", as in tilted gimbals, reduced speed, NFZ nagging, quizzes etc. all brought to you by DJI thru updates with a new flight mode. I just learned to fly them manually.
That's why I never updated anything on my Mavic Gen I in over 3 years...
Like Flycaster said! My last update to my MP was over a year ago when that update caused screen pixelation & disconnects. DJI is preventing lawsuits & kissing up to big gov by inserting all these "safety" points & messages. Looking @ Autel for my next UAV...

Reactions: Flycaster
Okay, sorry if someone already posted this, but after the latest dji go app update, everytime I'm above 400 feet (even if a structure is below it that allows flying much higher etc) I get constant red banner updates on the app about not flying higher than 400 feet, I can click out of it but seconds later it comes back, and this loops forever in a cycle...

Between this and DJI making it so that the mavic cannot fly further than 100feet without using a smart device tethered to the controller, I think its more and more draconian and useless now

Why did you Update, (were you unhappy b4 the update) ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro