DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Dji go4 now with Waypoints (iOS & Android)

But is there still no way to easily ascertain GPS coordinates without going through the kludgy workaround of taking a GPS timestamped picture? I couldn't find one. In Litchi, it's very easy.

Reactions: HappyHours
So, I've tried out Waypoints 2.0 a couple of times on my iPad, and I really like it. DJI did a pretty nice job with this. It's not as good as Litchi (major issue with gimbal jerkiness transitioning between waypoints with Mavic 2) or AutoPilot (doesn't support Mavic 2 at all and likely never will), but it's not bad either. The biggest single drawback is having to be connected to the drone to create the waypoint mission! That's completely ridiculous, especially if you're accustomed to using Litchi. With Litchi, you can use the app (or the web) to plan a mission completely disconnected. With DJI Waypoints 2.0, you have to be connected to the drone (while it makes noise, burns battery, etc.). I have no idea why DJI did it this way. Aside from that very annoying fact, it's actually a pretty cool mode.
How do you get the thing to start? I push "Go" on the screen and just get another window pops up titled "Task Check" with only option being "Cancel". I expected something like "Start" or "Go" to appear at the top on the left of the Task Check window. Thanks for your reply.

To make sure that the collision sensors do their work properly
M2 stock goes 14m/s with obstacle avoidance on and DJI Pilot will do 15m/s. I guess DJI consumer stuff is watered down to reduce operator errors.

Just tried to update my M2Z plus Samsung Notes 9.
Remote control was successfully updated to .300 via smartphone.
M2Z update via smart phone showed same network error I encountered last time, so I updated M2Z via Assistant 2.
Finally wanted to update DJI Go app.
But the play store here in Germany still shows version dated January 10, 2019. :confused:

What sense does it make that DJI forces update to .300 when DJI Go app is not in sync ?

I any DJI supporter is reading this, is it safe to fly with this non sync constellation?

Just tried to update my M2Z plus Samsung Notes 9.
Remote control was successfully updated to .300 via smartphone.
M2Z update via smart phone showed same network error I encountered last time, so I updated M2Z via Assistant 2.
Finally wanted to update DJI Go app.
But the play store here in Germany still shows version dated January 10, 2019. :confused:

What sense does it make that DJI forces update to .300 when DJI Go app is not in sync ?

I any DJI supporter is reading this, is it safe to fly with this non sync constellation?

It'll fly fine with 300 firmware at .11 app. If google doesn't have the app already in your region, download it from apkpure.

New Android version is GO4 v4.3.12, not GO4 v4.3.11. Downloads easy, but still cannot get Waypoint 2. Do any other Android users have the same problem?

No support for Mavic Pro? Stupid
Oh well litchi sets the waypoint height AGL not from the point of origin and it exports easily to google earth for verification of the flight so I’m good :)

No support for Mavic Pro? Stupid
Oh well litchi sets the waypoint height AGL not from the point of origin and it exports easily to google earth for verification of the flight so I’m good :)
You're not missing anything. Litchi > DJI Pilot > WP 2.0

There are several decent videos on Youtube: Waypoints 2.0
Thanks NorthGADronePilot. I had watched two or three videos but none showed me the information I needed to start the task. I watched a newer video at your suggestion, and it showed that the Task Review screen scrolls down for the start button which is at the bottom. None of the others had shown that little detail. I took it to the field today, and set it all up and tested out the GO button and the Task Review screen did scroll down. I did not fly the task however as I was getting high wind warnings on an earlier test flight. 48 and windy in Florida is not fun. Try again tomorrow. Thanks again for your suggestion.

DJI GO 4 Version 4.3.12 NOW available in EU -> Waypoints 2.0 (or is it Waypoints 1.x)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov