DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone excitement!

skg2192

Reactions
Hey everyone!

I recently got the chance to use my drone for the first time in Hawaii, and I am now in Europe. Attached an image from Hawaii. (not sure why I couldn't upload a video).

I was very nervous/scared about drone laws and where I can or cannot fly the drones.

In Europe I feel that it is more of a scare? or permission issue>?

I am in Geneva and going to Chamonix in France, can anyone help me out with general drone laws, or where to figure out if we can fly it or just wing it?

Sorry if its a silly question, but would love to check before doing it.

Krishna

Attachments

• DJI_0571.JPG
    DJI_0571.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 77
Congrats and enjoy the new drone. Definitely research the drone laws BEFORE you arrive at your destination. Some countries will confiscate your drone and you may not get it back.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks a lot everyone.

Will surely always check laws before flying.

Couldn't find anything much for Geneva and Chamonix, would be great if someone could recommend or suggest based on experience if we are allowed there.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! Great picture. From the count it looks like you have taken a lot of pictures!

Hey everyone!

I recently got the chance to use my drone for the first time in Hawaii, and I am now in Europe. Attached an image from Hawaii. (not sure why I couldn't upload a video).

I was very nervous/scared about drone laws and where I can or cannot fly the drones.

I am in Geneva and going to Chamonix in France, can anyone help me out with general drone laws, or where to figure out if we can fly it or just wing it?

Krishna
See this is the problem we have , everyones scared and nervous to fly. Why cant we just enjoy are hobby and have fun and not have to worry about every tom **** and martha giving us a hard time . I think most drone owners are getting tired of the BS I know I am.

Welcome. Love the pic.

Here’s a site with drone laws by state and country. 16 countries do not allow drone as of this date. They are listed on the site: Master List of Drone Laws (Organized by State / Country) l UAV Coach

As far as you video, most people upload to YouTube and then paste the link into their post. The preview will show automatically.

Happy Flying!

Thanks a lot everyone.

Will surely always check laws before flying.

Couldn't find anything much for Geneva and Chamonix, would be great if someone could recommend or suggest based on experience if we are allowed there.

Thanks
I would suggest you not fly around any of the cities, there are plenty of open meadows with beautiful scenery to fly and film surrounding the cities and villages you will be visiting.

Hey everyone!

Krishna
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan