DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Hi, I also see 2 1000 fw in the Assitant while I updated the mavic from my Iphone --- when I connect to the PC i see 2 times 1000 version (22.08 and 25.08) - both show current :))) WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? :)
it does not matter which firmware you choose, after the upgrade, both will be marked as current! I can not tell you why why and why.

Reactions: Rayburleson
Prob. as both are numbered 1000 the software shows that based on the version - but no info from DJI? How come we have 2 times 1000 (some of us 3 times) :(, some with WB issues and stuff - very strange and unreliable - even if one desires to update seems like DJI messes it up always somehow.

I'm sorry,I have a $1500 toy and I come to the forum to learn and get help.I read all the post I can that might help me fly my toy or prevent me from crashing it.Yet 75% of this thread is repeat questions,if they would read they would find the answers,sorry for rant,jmo

My question in particular was not about flying or crashing, was about updating and about having a latest "correct" firmware.

Can you point out then the answer on the multiple firmware present in the Assistant app for example? (as I did not find any conclusive answer)

I have and here are my findings about image quality improvement.
It fixed the central red spot on my MAVIC.

Wow- this just about sums it up for me.
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate the "image improvement" properly! So many don't think through how to test and evaluate it the right way.

Just curious if you guys can help me out I did the firmware update yesterday on the Maverick Pro and for some reason it's saying that the firmware is not the same what do I need to do to get my drone to link up?

You can connect via USB both controller and Mavic to Pc or mac to update each using the DJI software

Just curious if you guys can help me out I did the firmware update yesterday on the Maverick Pro and for some reason it's saying that the firmware is not the same what do I need to do to get my drone to link up?
Do what that little box tells you to?

Reactions: Vilco
I downloaded the second one,since it is the newest. Or at least it was last night!:D After flying 3 batterys today I've found nothing diffrent,except the New NFZ's!o_O The MP fly's just like it did before,the camera dosen't show me any improvments at all?:rolleyes: I guess if your gimble reset during filming,it might make a diffrence,but mine never had that problem? So about all I acomplished was getting rid of the constant warnings about updating,and I got to go into the settings and reset all my settings again! I chose to ignore the NFZ updates,that were the first thing they wanted you to do,and after updating everything else,it automatically installed them!:rolleyes: They are determined to get them in there,one way or the other! I can hardly wait for the new one to come out in Sept. I think the one comming in Sept ,Pulls your pants down around you ankles,if you fly too close to a NFZ?:D

Do not, under any circumstance update your drone using the V01.03.1000!!!!!

A bit over dramatic there? Myself and i guess tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people have done it. And most seem to have gone fine. Some haven't for sure but most do. Same as every other update.

Over dramatic? I'd planned on leaving on vacation with my perfectly good $1200 flying camera. I attempted an update like I've done dozens of times before (because I always do this when they send one) and their process turned it into a brick. When I attempted to reload a previous firmware, there were none available on either DJI Go, or Assistant 2. I then spent 90 minutes with their chat tech support with someone with limited ability to type in English. Their final solution? Ship it back to us.

Yeah, I'm upset. And possibly dramatic. How could their own software update process completely disable their own product? And so completely that their techs can't even recover it without me shipping it back. I love this thing, but this is not acceptable.

Reactions: Wyoming and bas4241
Its a firmware upgrade. No matter how careful you are they sometimes brick things. Happens on computers, on mobile phones, even on fridges. Ultimately nobody forced you to update and theres an argument to be made for not doing it if you have an important trip or use coming up shortly (save it until you come back).
Tens or most likely hundreds of thousands of upgrades have happened flawlessly. Yes there will always be a small number of failures but its not a big percentage. You just got unlucky. Thats not a DJI thing, its a general firmware flashing thing on any electronic device.
You're just in the very small minority that got unlucky so the "Do not under any circumstances update" post is overly dramatic. Its bricked it for a tiny number of people. Most people flashed and flew without issues.

I'm old,and have been to 3 dog fights,and 2 pie suppers,and I ain't never seen anything like this! A product that needed so many updates! Plus they keep comming! I've done .900 and got by,now I've done .1000 and got by again. It makes you wonder if the next update,will work,or disable your MP? It's like playing "Wheel of Fortune"! Ya know,when they just came out with the latest update,and are already talking about another one next month,it makes you really wonder who is writing the firmware,for this drone? Note to DJI: Slow Down and get it right the first time,without patches every other week! If there is a certain risk in updating,then keep them to as few as possible. Like I said eariler,I got lucky 2 times,but who knows how the next one will be?:rolleyes: PS. I wouldn't get too excited about the MP2 yet! They haven't got the MP1 lined out!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilco
Over dramatic? I'd planned on leaving on vacation with my perfectly good $1200 flying camera. I attempted an update like I've done dozens of times before (because I always do this when they send one) and their process turned it into a brick. When I attempted to reload a previous firmware, there were none available on either DJI Go, or Assistant 2. I then spent 90 minutes with their chat tech support with someone with limited ability to type in English. Their final solution? Ship it back to us.

Yeah, I'm upset. And possibly dramatic. How could their own software update process completely disable their own product? And so completely that their techs can't even recover it without me shipping it back. I love this thing, but this is not acceptable.

And there’s a good chance you won’t even get your own Mavic back. None of this is good.

Reactions: bas4241 and Ron_Dog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure