DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

No your DJI care package and warranty have nothing to do with what firmware your running. DJI cannot refuse to honor the warranty or refresh because of the version of firmware being used.

I use .400 but most people use .700. I don't care about fixed wing mode and .400 has less NFZ stuff than .700. I guess for you .700 would be the best choice since you get most of the same features as 1000 without the live NFZ stuff happening.

Rob

Warranty doesn't depend on firmware version. True. But inside the internal memory of the mavic there may be a log of upgrades operations (there is effectively, you can extract these logs with Assistant 2). What if i rolled back a firmware when it was not officially possible anymore in a particular date and time? I think that dji may have something to say about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Camera Guy
Sounds like you didn't do it.

It's faster to do it using the DJI app for your computer. Then you plug in the Mavic from one of the sides to the computer and turn everything on. Launch the software on the computer and it will guide you through the required steps.

Hope this helps

Reactions: armoredsaint
I ran the update .1000 and everything is working well.... Gimble horizon issue finally resolved for me... happy with image quality... for myself, this is the best firmware since I purchased on .600....

Sounds like you didn't do it.

It's faster to do it using the DJI app for your computer. Then you plug in the Mavic from one of the sides to the computer and turn everything on. Launch the software on the computer and it will guide you through the required steps.

Hope this helps
so true, about 10x faster also - it's the first time it ever failed OTA

Warranty doesn't depend on firmware version. True. But inside the internal memory of the mavic there may be a log of upgrades operations (there is effectively, you can extract these logs with Assistant 2). What if i rolled back a firmware when it was not officially possible anymore in a particular date and time? I think that dji may have something to say about this.

With over 10,000 views on the tutorial video and God knows how many have done it just by using the written instructions or the Wiki, it would seem that by now someone out there would have run into a problem. I know two users who have rolled back and eventually crashed. They have both sent them back to DJI. None have PMed me to say they had an issue but if they do i am pretty sure they will be on this forum in full out Rant mode.

Rob

Reactions: Dronion
I'm one of those guys that always updates, like usual still no problems.
iPhone 7+ and an update straight across the DJIgo4 app when it was mentioned available.

Reactions: Logger
Now I am afraid to fly. Just finish the upgrade to1K using the app. At 67 per cent into the upgrade it fail and can't retry it due to low RC battery. Have to disconnect the battery from the drone and recharge the RC. Then retry the upgrade and it run perfectly until complete. Hope to fly it tomorrow w/out issues.

I've noticed the video may look a tad better, but at normal settings is overexposed and washed out vs what they were before the update. I still haven't found a good workaround, anyone have better luck? Shot in normal with all settings auto, wb set at sunny.

Reactions: Umgapa Sky
I've noticed the video may look a tad better, but at normal settings is overexposed and washed out vs what they were before the update. I still haven't found a good workaround, anyone have better luck? Shot in normal with all settings auto, wb set at sunny.

The same her. Even with ND filters on I have to crank the shutter speed up to 200 in sted of 60 which allows me to get a proper exposure with the histogram

Reactions: MrsTreat
The same her. Even with ND filters on I have to crank the shutter speed up to 200 in sted of 60 which allows me to get a proper exposure with the histogram
Yeah, that video was with a ND16 on, I'm pretty dissapointed in DJI for this one, i guess i'll have to try and downgrade to get it working until a fix comes out. I've ran through 4 batteries worth of video and still haven't managed to get it where i like it, this used to be so easy.

EV at -0.7 or -1.0 and voila

Warranty doesn't depend on firmware version. True.

True?

Being a developer myself, I'm certain that every firmware upgrade also contains bugfixes of various kinds, and DJI is often also mentioning them in the release notes. So if one day your Mavic drops out of the sky, you send it in for inspection, and DJI discovers that it failed due to a bug that they fixed a while ago in a firmware update, who do you think will end up paying the damage?

I have always updated my firmwares as soon as they came out. I never had a problem. Image quality got better in a few aspects. Only once did the software prevent me from flying in a NFZ, and that had a very good reason (active airfield nearby). But I had already cleared the flight with the airfield operator, and I was able to unlock the NFZ using my phone number as contact, and I was able to fly. So what.

Reactions: DOC_XDA
From what I filed until now with the new firmware:

1. Sharpness at +1 is rather bad now compared to 0. I like it more at 0 now compared to +1 (at least that is what I think)
2. WB Auto also behaves very strange and also the presents (Sunny, Cloudy etc) seem rather off as color temp. I got the best result by manually setting the WB and leaving it at a certain value
3. EV at 0 is brighter than before in full sun light and required -0.7 or -1 as a fix

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji