DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

I ended up going back with .900 until a better fix comes out. Not worth my time trying to make something work that use to work so flawlessly. Do they not test these things before they relesse them?

Reactions: siagung
Now I am afraid to fly. Just finish the upgrade to1K using the app. At 67 per cent into the upgrade it fail and can't retry it due to low RC battery. Have to disconnect the battery from the drone and recharge the RC. Then retry the upgrade and it run perfectly until complete. Hope to fly it tomorrow w/out issues.
That happened to me. I redid the upgrade using the DPR app, and it completed and was fine to flym20 minutes later. Give it a try

The time for being able to roll back firmware may suddenly end with one of these updates.

Yep, I believe so too. That´s why I said I usually hold back untill I´m confident there´s real and sensible gain without much "cost", that usually comes as "traps". Though I believe there will be always one roll back option at least, in case the new update screw things up badly. That´s also an escape for DJI if we think of it.

As drones become more popular and widely available, DJI is (or will be soon) in a position where they need (by will or need i.e. being forced) to tighten operation. The logic is that regulation enforcement will become more and more strict.

Some might think this will spook new consumers, but they´re thinking long term. These things are evolving super-fast, it´s hard to get all bases covered that´s why we see the succession of updates, regulations, etc. Once technology development reaches a plateau maybe this part of the hobby also reaches maturity, a more balanced regulation. By then, new consumers should be already used to regulations we currently don´t want to accept so easily (lol). We´ll see.

Reactions: MrsTreat
I'm one of those guys that always updates, like usual still no problems.
iPhone 7+ and an update straight across the DJIgo4 app when it was mentioned available.

I also am one of those "guys", Never had a problem, can fly where I want, but also, don't fly where I shouldn't. Don't understand what the issue is about updating to current FW.

Yes, I don't get the I don't want to upgrade thing either. There are reasons for the upgrades but some users think every upgrade should solve every issue. They don't seem to understand what a bug is.

I beta tested for many companies. Before something was a bug, I had to find the bug, and show it was repeatable on all systems, not just one. If it's on just one or a few, then it's a tech support issue.

I'm still getting gimbal drift and horizon issue post firmware.

This is not a firmware issue. It's a tech support issue. Call or communicate tech support to help you with this issue.

Are you sure your Gimbal is installed correctly? Are both sides of the Gimbal behind and underneath the little hooks of the frame? Is it free moving when you touch it.

I also am one of those "guys", Never had a problem, can fly where I want, but also, don't fly where I shouldn't. Don't understand what the issue is about updating to current FW.

I agree....you don't understand.

Yes, I don't get the I don't want to upgrade thing either. There are reasons for the upgrades but some users think every upgrade should solve every issue. They don't seem to understand what a bug is.

I beta tested for many companies. Before something was a bug, I had to find the bug, and show it was repeatable on all systems, not just one. If it's on just one or a few, then it's a tech support issue.

There is much more going on here that you just don't seem to get. Hint: DJI's intentions are are not what they seem to be. You are arguing points that people were arguing about 3 or 4 months ago and were proven to be completely wrong. I thought that Rob's post (#346) had clued you in, but apparently not.

Ok, reread Rob's post, including most of this whole thread the past few days and understand their concerns and problems. But, Since I have not had any problems, I will just continue reading and keep my comments to myself.

Ok, reread Rob's post, including most of this whole thread the past few days and understand their concerns and problems. But, Since I have not had any problems, I will just continue reading and keep my comments to myself.

Your comments are as welcome as anybody's. I'm just trying to keep people from blindly walking into the fly-trap. You might want to read about these issues on some other forums and websites, because this forum is banned from describing detail on the subject. A whole thread on this topic was deleted, and many knowledgeable people have been banned from this site. Sorry if I sounded harsh! No offense meant....

I am pretty new to drones, I try to keep myself as informed as possible, would like to know what others are saying that they are being banned for. Supposable this is a country of free speech. but I don't advocate spying on people nor ripping people a new a..h... Thanks for your last post. No offense taken.

I've noticed the video may look a tad better, but at normal settings is overexposed and washed out vs what they were before the update. I still haven't found a good workaround, anyone have better luck? Shot in normal with all settings auto, wb set at sunny.

It is very frustrating to have gone from some really beautiful image quality to overexposed junk due to this firmware update. Five batteries down and I still haven't found a solution.

Reactions: Lopez0015
I never downgrade my mavic before... always thinking follow whatever comes but , I have camera issue feels like a 100 dlls drone now.. I ready to back at .900 where love picture on my ipad, Now every time I fly this make me mad[emoji44]

It is very frustrating to have gone from some really beautiful image quality to overexposed junk due to this firmware update. Five batteries down and I still haven't found a solution.

You do know you have control over exposure even in Auto?

Firmware update on Mavic and remote both went smoothly, had a few minutes to test yesterday and the zoom feature operating from the remote wasn't working, I checked the settings which were correct but then ran out of time. Has anyone else checked the zoom, if so was it working?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman