DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Lets hope not

What else could you possibly need to get out of this 22 page thread. The guy was right. Either you are an updater or a jail breaker. It's pretty clear to me.

I updated, I'm 95% happy. I would like to see the Auto Exposure fixed, which I would expect to be fixed in a new update soon I hope.

I went wityh the new update! All I noticed was MORE NFZ's!:rolleyes: My Mavic Pro has never had a range of over 8000 feet out! ( may be just my area I fly in?) It still dosen't! So the update didn't improve it,or hurt it either way. The camera is always set to manual,so that's not a issue.

yes
It just got out this morning, it seems, has anyone installed it?
Here are the release notes:

Overview
  • All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.03.1000
  • DJI GO app iOS version updated to v4.1.7
  • DJI GO app Android version updated to v4.1.5

What’s New?
  • Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.
  • Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.
  • Improved image quality.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
  • Added Head Tracking for Spark (with firmware v01.00.0600 or later), the Inspire 2 (with firmware v01.01.0200 or later) and the Phantom 4 (with aircraft firmware v2.0.0.16 or later and remote controller firmware 1.9.3).
  • Added remote controller signal strength icon.
  • Optimized audio quality.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)[/QUOT

It just got out this morning, it seems, has anyone installed it?
Here are the release notes:

Overview
  • All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.03.1000
  • DJI GO app iOS version updated to v4.1.7
  • DJI GO app Android version updated to v4.1.5

What’s New?
  • Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.
  • Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.
  • Improved image quality.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
  • Added Head Tracking for Spark (with firmware v01.00.0600 or later), the Inspire 2 (with firmware v01.01.0200 or later) and the Phantom 4 (with aircraft firmware v2.0.0.16 or later and remote controller firmware 1.9.3).
  • Added remote controller signal strength icon.
  • Optimized audio quality.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
Sadly I tried it and now my Mavic wont fly - have downloaded the update over 10 times and it gets to 67% and resets saying the update failed. Now being told of a version mismatch so machine is grounded. Furious and no support from DJI.

still running v3.05 DJI GO. works great but i'm nervous to upgrade reading about all these bricked drones....

Reactions: MrsTreat
Sadly I tried it and now my Mavic wont fly - have downloaded the update over 10 times and it gets to 67% and resets saying the update failed. Now being told of a version mismatch so machine is grounded. Furious and no support from DJI.

If you read the thread, the way to fix that is to do the update using the DJI app for your computer. You must run it for every battery you own

Reactions: posty1953
Is the over exposure actually a real thing, or is it just the way they sort the profiles like some have suggested.

Has any one used the D-Log profile and confirmed the issue?

Is the over exposure actually a real thing, or is it just the way they sort the profiles like some have suggested.

Has any one used the D-Log profile and confirmed the issue?

Yes it is. Basically the Auto Exposure has been disabled, so you have to ride the exposure rind under the controller on the right hand side. It’s not a reason not to upgrade.

Your points are valid. The difference here is that we have discovered beyond doubt that DJI's intentions are not good. They have been banned for military use when it was discovered they were sending military data beck to China. No update since .700 (maybe .800) has added ANY benefit for the user, only more restrictions and control. It is unethical and illegal to sell somone a product that can do certain things and then later add restrictions to it.. Knowing all this (please search for info on it....you won't find it on this controlled forum) it astounds me to see all the people blindly walking off the cliff. Do yourself a huge favor and roll back to firmware .400 or .700 and enjoy your drone without all this madness!

I Rolled back to .700 from .900 because of new problems. I have kept it there since this summer and have had no problems and great video/pics. I have ignored update notices when booting up. However, last week when I ignored the update, I received a message that I was limited in height and distance, which it did. I was forced to update to the 1000 firmware. Keeping my fingers crossed, no problems during the past week. I did have the over exposure issue and had to bump up on the ND filter size. I do not send data back to DJI and will not unless it is a result of an accident and needs the flight logs to prove my case. Still believe .700 is the better FW.

Reactions: MKAL
I'm on .900 and I keep getting annoying messages to upgrade to .1000. This is making me want to downgrade to .700! People here say it is rock solid.

I stayed on .700 and ignored the messages, then last week it gave me a message while on a job site that I was now restricted in height and distance. Fortunately I had just finished the distance work. They are now forcing you to update and removed all older versions to prevent you from downgrading.

Reactions: MKAL
I Rolled back to .700 from .900 because of new problems. I have kept it there since this summer and have had no problems and great video/pics. I have ignored update notices when booting up. However, last week when I ignored the update, I received a message that I was limited in height and distance, which it did. I was forced to update to the 1000 firmware. Keeping my fingers crossed, no problems during the past week. I did have the over exposure issue and had to bump up on the ND filter size. I do not send data back to DJI and will not unless it is a result of an accident and needs the flight logs to prove my case. Still believe .700 is the better FW.

You weren’t limited in height and distance. That’s bogus and you can fly right past it. So you didn’t have to upgrade but I’m glad it worked for you.

Well they fixed the over exposure with,yet ANOTHER update! Man,how many does it take to get things right? Also it made my Mavic Pro compatable for the "new props"!:D LOL! What a bunch of BS! It fixed things I never had problems with before,but now I get a lot more warnings! Thanks,DJI! Just what I and every other owner needed!:mad:

Well they fixed the over exposure with,yet ANOTHER update! Man,how many does it take to get things right? Also it made my Mavic Pro compatable for the "new props"!:D LOL! What a bunch of BS! It fixed things I never had problems with before,but now I get a lot more warnings! Thanks,DJI! Just what I and every other owner needed!:mad:
Are you sure they fixe autoexposure ? Did you try ?
I’m not !
I don’t mind about how many update, Injust want they fixe bugs

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Are you sure they fixe autoexposure ? Did you try ?
I’m not !
I don’t mind about how many update, Injust want they fixe bugs
Yes it's back to normal! But it also has a lot of warnings pop up on the screen, out of the wazoo!

Well they fixed the over exposure with,yet ANOTHER update!

What auto exposure? My raws look the same with .400, .100, .900, .800. on the rare occasions i use auto exposure or on manual.

Man,how many does it take to get things right?

You're clearly unaware of the concept of regression bugs. Maybe you should start writing their code as its clearly so easy to do.

Also it made my Mavic Pro compatable for the "new props"!:D LOL! What a bunch of BS!

Right, so you dont think an ESC software and flight controller needs any sort of update to work with propellers that require different RPMs and perform differently at the same RPM for optimal use? DJI use in-built psychic ESCs?

Thanks,DJI! Just what I and every other owner needed!:mad:

Yep its just what i needed. No bugs that i can tell, no introduced bugs and introduces some things that might be useful down the line. Good on them for actually supporting a product.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook