DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware allows 10 bit, dlog in full fov mode!

Hiflyer808

Reactions
One reason I was hesitant about getting the Pro was because you had to use the cropped hq mode to get 10 bit and dlog. Now you get that in the wider full fov mode too, so it's more like having two lenses! The question I still have is just how much worse the quality is in full fov, due to the pixel binning. So let's see those pixel-peeping, magnified side-by-side comparison videos. If the full fov quality loss is small enough, I'm ready to buy!

Here's a comparison:

Reactions: jeffreystitt
Here's a comparison:

I saw that one, but it's from before 10 bit and dlog became available for full fov. Also, I'd like to see shots matched as much as possible re framing, grading and color balance, and blown up to 200% or more so we can compare resolution, detail in shadow areas, etc. I'm sure that woth this firmware update we'll start to see comparisons like that..

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I saw that one, but it's from before 10 bit and dlog became available for full fov. Also, I'd like to see shots matched as much as possible re framing, grading and color balance, and blown up to 200% or more so we can compare resolution, detail in shadow areas, etc. I'm sure that woth this firmware update we'll start to see comparisons like that..

totally agree with you, would love to pixel peep and see it blown up. that video angle was a little different somit wasn’t too exact.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Now I'm getting worried that I'm mistaken about 10 bit and dlog in full fov. I can't find the post I read that said that, and no one else is confirming it. Please guys, confirm whether it's available.

Now I'm getting worried that I'm mistaken about 10 bit and dlog in full fov. I can't find the post I read that said that, and no one else is confirming it. Please guys, confirm whether it's available.

I can confirm

What’s the new firmware version? I don’t see any mention of any new firmware anywhere, but don’t have the ability to get my 2 Pro out now and test.

can you explain some advantages of having 10 bit and dlog in full fov?
Wider angle and ability to intermix full fov shots with hq shots without there being a jarring difference in color, contrast, etc. Also even if you use only full fov shots, they have btter quality.

Hi, is 10bit-DLOG-M only avalaible in 4K HQ and FOV mode or is it also usable in 1080p mode ?
Can't find any revelant informations on this
Thanks for feedback
Regards

Hi, is 10bit-DLOG-M only avalaible in 4K HQ and FOV mode or is it also usable in 1080p mode ?
Can't find any revelant informations on this
Thanks for feedback
Regards
One reason I was hesitant about getting the Pro was because you had to use the cropped hq mode to get 10 bit and dlog. Now you get that in the wider full fov mode too, so it's more like having two lenses! The question I still have is just how much worse the quality is in full fov, due to the pixel binning. So let's see those pixel-peeping, magnified side-by-side comparison videos. If the full fov quality loss is small enough, I'm ready to buy!
Is 10 Bit only on D-log profile?

The v1 firmware available from the launch day has allowed 10 bit dlog in both 4k modes.

Is 10 Bit only on D-log profile?
DLOG and HLG. The "none" is 8bit.

The v1 firmware available from the launch day has allowed 10 bit dlog in both 4k modes.

DLOG and HLG. The "none" is 8bit.
Thanks! That answers my question. It is unfortunate NONE does not support the 10 bit. The none to my eye does a great job on color and clarity. Sometimes I do not have the time to do much editing in post or really want to!

Well none is "edited" to produce colour and clarity. So its done most of the job already.

I don't know where all this confusion is coming from, but both HQ and Full FOV mode can shoot 10bit in both DLOG-M and HLG picture profile modes. It's always been that way, there was no firmware update other than day 1 firmware. Whoever said that Full FOV mode disables 10bit doesn't know what they are talking about.

Reactions: Gooseman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb