DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware v01.00.0620 released

As a result of this conversation, I have just finished plugging my 4 Mavic Air batteries in, one at a time. I got a firmware message for the first one, but then, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th battery insertion and start up was uneventful with no messsage- only that I was ready to fly with each battery change. Go figure!
You should be good to go. If and when the app notifies you of a firmware update for your remaining batteries, go ahead and update them then.

Larry

You should be good to go. If and when the app notifies you of a firmware update for your remaining batteries, go ahead and update them then.

Larry
I believe all powerdown, swap battery, then reenergize using unupdated bat. Apk or asst2 pc should nag bat fw updating

Reactions: MeGotAir
hello I have three mavic air batteries I had battery no1 one in my m/a when I put latest firmware [panama 01.00.0620]
my m/a had no problems until I changed to my no2 battery it gave a disconnected warning . on my return home I tried no2 battery again and got a firmware update, it seems odd that battery1/3 were ok but battery no2 needed re-updating every thing seems to be fine for now . I hope this makes sense to some of you out there
I believe you gotta deenergize all. Put different unupdated bat, reenergize all again, be prompted flash bat fw, if in fact bat fw is needed for update

I believe you gotta deenergize all. Put different unupdated bat, reenergize all again, be prompted flash bat fw, if in fact bat fw is needed for update
I find when you go back to the go4 splash screen between battery changeover you would be updated for battery FW update, usually showing the "inconsistent battery FW, swipe to update".

Attachments

• 59FEA5DF-1B99-4529-80F5-565ECE3B9FF4.png
    59FEA5DF-1B99-4529-80F5-565ECE3B9FF4.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 59
I find when you go back to the go4 splash screen between battery changeover you would be updated for battery FW update, usually showing the "inconsistent battery FW, swipe to update".
Mine apk had to be completely backed out as host corrupts, hang. I did not reattempt the apk believing glitch. I still retain unflashed ones later. There is no trouble using the windows10 asst2.

Last edited:
Yes, that's the message I always receive when I've updated the firmware of the battery that happens to be in the drone, and then I switch to another battery. When that happens, I know to also check my remaining batteries (I have four in total).

Larry

Mine apk had to be completely backed out as host corrupts, hang. I did not reattempt the apk believing glitch. I still retain unflashed ones later. There is no trouble using the windows10 asst2.
Try an iOS device instead if you can get your hands on one.

Today my Mavic air got motor obstructed message in mid air followed by Battery over heated warning. It was flying over 50 meters altitude and may be around 200 meters away. I flew it over top of my building to land it and just when it was about 1.5 meters up from landing it auto shut down and crashed straight down. The fall was hard. The gimbal hood took most of the impact so my drone was undamaged But my battery's pins seem to be dislocated and now can't fit back into the Drone. I'm super pissed off. This drones has flew about 150 kms without any major accidents. I inserted another battery & my drone flies alright. i reinstalled the firmware using PC.

Reasons for this crash?

1. is this Due to new firmware?
2. Motor Obstructed warnings? (i get it sometimes, i blow air to get them clean)
3. Battery overheated (i fly in sports mode, i get it all the time)

IMG_20190414_190407.jpgIMG_20190414_190334.jpg

As a result of this conversation, I have just finished plugging my 4 Mavic Air batteries in, one at a time. I got a firmware message for the first one, but then, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th battery insertion and start up was uneventful with no messsage- only that I was ready to fly with each battery change. Go figure!
It will only alert you when you are out in the middle of nowhere, getting ready to fly, and you don’t have access to the internet. :)

Seriously though, the app had me update all the batteries one at a time. It took several times for the other batteries to be connected to the drone before I got a message that the firmware needed to be updated.

I attempted to update the firmware this time around and DJI software says I’m completely up to date with the latest firmware.

Try an iOS device instead if you can get your hands on one.
Do you mean apple iphone?
They are too costly.
The s8 apk glitches appear when updates pertubate prior revision. Fortunately it is mere transient, else it wouldnt work at all. Back in version 400aircraft firmware, the s8 apk worked like a charm (december2018)

No, I've ordered those. My stock props are clipped during that crash. These are Sunnylife props, I attached them later. Got few hours of flying on them.

Yesterday I hover my Drone for a while to check the Battery & it's temp and to see if it behaves abnormally. All worked fine.

These are the reading of the 2 batteries.

Screenshot_20190415-185855.pngScreenshot_20190415-195242.png
The MAS quiet props?

No, I've ordered those. My stock props are clipped during that crash. These are Sunnylife props, I attached them later. Got few hours of flying on them.

Yesterday I hover my Drone for a while to check the Battery & it's temp and to see if it behaves abnormally. All worked fine.

These are the reading of the 2 batteries.

View attachment 69647View attachment 69648
Might be worth posting logs and summon @sar104 for analysis. Personally not a fan of cheap generic props myself but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the cause of the crash.

The flight logs should tell the story.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman