DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Noticed a new firmware this morning with a new feature: Fixed-Wing mode. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds interesting. It's described in the new manual as:

Fixed-Wing Mode
The aircraft will fly forward automatically at a certain speed after entering Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the left
stick up to ascend and down to descend. Push either stick left or right to rotate the aircraft. Pushing the
right stick up will accelerate and pushing down will exit Fixed-Wing Mode.
In the DJI GO 4 app, tap the icon and enable Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right stick up until the C1
icon appears, then press the C1 button on the remote controller to enter Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right
stick down or press the C2 button on the remote controller to exit Fixed-Wing Mode.

Much more important would be fixing that bug introduced with .500 firmware, preventing safe usage of some functionality with 3rd party apps.
That is one of the things that it fixed. Autopilot and Litchi both sent out emails saying so. Still not corrected on the Inspires though.

Reactions: ckizer
Has anyone tried the fixed-wing mode?

I just tried it. It's pretty cool. It's basically cruse control for the bird.
Works great but it overrides your pre-programed C1 and C2 buttons as those are the on off buttons for cruse control (fixed-wing mode).
I'm super used to the functions I have programmed to those buttons, so now if I want to have fixed wing mode enabled, I'll have to get used to no longer having those buttons available. But you can disable the mode in the settings so that's nice.
I imagine the distance flyers will enjoy this feature as you can rest your hands wile it flies in a straight line.

A few more notes about the update that I have noticed:

DONT FORGET TO CHECK ALL YOUR SETTINGS AFTER UPDATE !!!

1-(good) The MP has always had a horizon tilt issue ever since I got it. And I know I'm not the only one as almost every Mavic pro YouTube video has this issue. Holding down C2 and moving the shutter speed wheel is a quick way to correct the horizon during flight however it's a pain in the butt to have to do this so often.
After the recent update, this horizon tilt issue seems to be like 1000% better. HELLS YEAH!

2-(Bad) I went up for 4 flights this afternoon and twice I had a really strange gimbal problem. I was about 12mins into a straight like flight in tripod mode preforming a hyper-lapse when the gimbal just started twitching and moving at random completely ruining the shot. At first I thought the drone was free falling from the sky.
The gimbal wheel was non responsive until I aborted tripod mode by flicking it into Sport mode and flew her back home safety.
That sketched me out hard. It actually happened again on the next flight!!
Clearly something's is funky with the gimbal on my MP, but I have never had any such behavior happen up until now. I blame the update.

3-(Good) Find my drone feature is super Dope!
Hope I never need to use it but it's nice that it's there. Love that you can get driving direction to it and everything.

4-(Good) this update fixed issues with a number of flight modes in the Litchi App.
Now all flight modes are working again!!

5-(Bad) I was testing out the DJI ND filters that finally arrived today. Took 2 months!!
Anyways I flew a waypoint mission 4 times and it's RTH spot was inconsistently off every time.
For the most part, RTH had never been off by more then a couple inches a foot at most.
All four RTH attempts were off by several feet. Probably more then 10 feet at worst.
This could be from the new update...

Last but not least,
6-(Really Bad) the battery life on my iPhone 7 was terrible today... What gives!!!! Normally I can fly all 5 of my battery's on a single charge with like 35% to spare.
Today I only got through 3 battery's before my phone gave me the 20% warning. (Started at 100%, no background apps running and in "do not disturbed mode")
I flew one more half battery to finish up the shot I was trying to get but I was not happy about having a dead phone when I was done!!
Is the app using more battery?

Reactions: Baronerosso and Sau
I just experienced my first FW update message. I was just about to fly and doing the update caused me to miss my flying window.

I was under the impression that I could not delay or stop the update. Is there a way to? I would have preferred in this situation not to update.

So user name aerial perceptions posted a pic stating the Facebook page for Litchi says now compatible. Anyone test this on new firmware on Mavic??????

facf2b8ed7ed069a5397ac4291d5a340.jpg

Mike
I just tried using track mode in Litchi and it completely freaked out. It could not follow subject and lost subject as soon as it moved. Then video transmission error, and finally my sticks no longer controlled the mavic. Had to turn the RC off and turn back on to regain control. Maybe the scariest experience with the mavic yet. They say it's fixed, but is sure isn't on mine.

I just experienced my first FW update message. I was just about to fly and doing the update caused me to miss my flying window.

I was under the impression that I could not delay or stop the update. Is there a way to? I would have preferred in this situation not to update.
Just do not update.

I'm nervous as hell to fly this thing now. Where can I get an older version of firmware to downgrade to?

Is there any way to compare the NFZ data between versions. People are rejecting the NFZ update, which I understand, but it's hard to know whether the NFZ database has got more or less accurate/restrictive!

Looks like i may try downgrading.

Ok so i tried downgrading to .550 and it hung at 86% both times I tried it. Mavic is also not being detected by assistant now either. Checked the version from the app and it says 550 so I took it out for a quick test and it is the same if not slightly worse, to the point where I was nervous flying it. If i tried to correct a drift the moment i release the sticks it quickly moves back to where it was when i started the correction.

All three batteries are under 50% now so I will try downgrading to .400 in the morning. .500 is not available to me which last stable version I used.

I guess I just missed the option, but I didn't see how to avoid it. Is there a way to "X" out the screen or swipe it off the screen?
Just ignore it and hit the go fly tab.

Reactions: D700
Hi mate, tried so many times now, getting a bit peed off, on DJI assistant 2, updated remote no problem, aircraft will not, so I downgraded to V01.03.0400, all ok, upgraded to V01.03.0550, all ok...then upgrade to V01.03.0600, hangs at 57% then fails, upload error 0x020106, Wtf?
Same issue. Working on third attempt.
Same here but the solution for that mate, keep on updating till it succeed :)
Are you serious?

Rats!!! Got it to 78%. With error code undefined 0002. Argh. Getting frustrated. Good thing it's raining and I can't fly anyway

Reactions: Evans12
2-(Bad) I went up for 4 flights this afternoon and twice I had a really strange gimbal problem. I was about 12mins into a straight like flight in tripod mode preforming a hyper-lapse when the gimbal just started twitching and moving at random completely ruining the shot. At first I thought the drone was free falling from the sky.
The gimbal wheel was non responsive until I aborted tripod mode by flicking it into Sport mode and flew her back home safety.
That sketched me out hard. It actually happened again on the next flight!!
Clearly something's is funky with the gimbal on my MP, but I have never had any such behavior happen up until now. I blame the update.

Same thing happened to me twice, running .0500 firmware. Once in Japan on March 16 and then again back home in California on April 1. Both times kind of scary but I flew home and then some more and everything was ok. But this is not a new problem with .0600.

I've read all this and am upgrading today. If you ever have a problem that causes you to need service and you want DJI to pay for it, you will do better if you're on the latest revs of firmware and app. DJI once sent me a brand new P3P after a crash caused by a firmware fault. Postage paid both ways and quite quick. I doubt I would've got that service with old software that they could blame.

Mine updated fine and flew a battery after the update and it flew fine for me but I have only had it 2 weeks so I am a noob

I'm trying to update my Mavic to .0600...I have a MacBook Pro 2017 and assistant 2 only finds the remote when I plug it, but never finds the mavic. Tried multiple times and nothing. Even when trying to upload only the remote it gets stuck and nothing happens. Now I'm trying to update it using GO4 (I just updated it to the new version) but the download stops all the time, when I click the button to continue downloading it works but the fact is I am still downloading the update and my mavic's battery power is getting low and the firmware download is still at 22%. My internet is fibber 100mbits (Im using wifi, I have an iPhone 7 plus).
Getting kinda tired now, since my drone is new (I got the Magic pro combo) and with 4 days I had to return it to be fixed due to disconnecting issues. It come back 2 days ago and I updated the firmware to make few tests, today I had to update it again but not being able as explained. The Magic for me starts being a big pain in the **** unfortunately...
Any help would be highly appreciated!

If you ever have a problem that causes you to need service and you want DJI to pay for it, you will do better if you're on the latest revs of firmware and app. DJI once sent me a brand new P3P after a crash caused by a firmware fault. Postage paid both ways and quite quick. I doubt I would've got that service with old software that they could blame.

Updates are not mandatory for warranty service. DJI cannot deny you service based on the firmware version and neither can they charge you for repairs on a defective unit because the firmware is not current. There are many people on this forum running .0200 firmware and they are having no issues.
I am running .0400 and have Zero issues and No NFZ messages.

Rob

Updates are not mandatory for warranty service. DJI cannot deny you service based on the firmware version and neither can they charge you for repairs on a defective unit because the firmware is not current. There are many people on this forum running .0200 firmware and they are having no issues.
I am running .0400 and have Zero issues and No NFZ messages.

Rob
He speaks the truth.

Reactions: Drone Master

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave Cleverley