DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Firmware : v01.03.0600
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.7
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.6

Has anyone else noticed DJI marked the v1.03.0600 firmware update for the above listed app versions? I also looked at my google playstore account app GO4 and it had todays date as the last time the app was updated. But I have yet to see any of the mentioned app versions pop up anywhere, yet.

So this was an interesting issue. About halfway into the waypoint flight of a basic rectangle pattern, the gimble looses all control and becomes completely unresponsive.

After flipping up and down several times, I finally get it to respond but it's hypersensitive and I can't even correct it to get a look at the horizon.

At this point I paused the mission and did a manual RTH and as the drone started to gain altitude the gimble went right back to normal.

Zero issues with autofocus on this trip other than one instance in the beginning. Drone wouldn't focus on my vehicle from about 100' distance at 75' elevation. Manual focus wouldn't even get me there.

Landed, rebooted everything, took back off and no issues three batteries later.

Getting a bit frustrated. Is Litchi more stable on .0400?

SomeView attachment 10386 times, and this is my belief, they bring out new firmware, not to improve the existing one, but to correct some big mess in the previous version. Specially in this case when there's less than a week between them..:oops:. One thing is clear, I will update mine ASAP just in case; I flew my MV just an hour ago, to find that there was a lot of interference, new to me on a well known area; so bad I had to abort my mission without delay..
BR,
Spanish Flyer
PS. was trying to take photos of a roman bridge at the proper height, but had to take a couple much higher than planned.

Que bonito, un saludo de otro español expatriado en Panamá

So is everyone having issues? I dunno if i want to upgrade from .550 now

So this was an interesting issue. About halfway into the waypoint flight of a basic rectangle pattern, the gimble looses all control and becomes completely unresponsive.

After flipping up and down several times, I finally get it to respond but it's hypersensitive and I can't even correct it to get a look at the horizon.

At this point I paused the mission and did a manual RTH and as the drone started to gain altitude the gimble went right back to normal.
Try doing a Gimbal Auto Calibration from the GO app (at the bottom of the Gimbal Settings screen)?

Not really true. Eventually DJI only allows a downgrade to one version lower. i.e from .600 you will likely be able to go only to .550
You can go back down to . 400.

If you watch the gimbal on v01.03.06 while you do a gimbal cal, there are big changes! You will notice it slowly going through a slow tilt / roll sweep. It never did that on previous revisions... and I've watched it close. Also the calibration takes longer and involves more steps. I'm hoping it will help the tilted horizon issue so many people have complained about including myself. I haven't flown yet but am excited. Has anyone noticed improvement in tilted horizon issues?

Curious to see how the "improvement default colors for DNG files" will work out.

Is using the DJI assistant on your laptop/desktop the recommended method? I hate to leave my bird idle with that MP fan running....Ive resorted to putting it front of a small fan to keep it cool.

If you watch the gimbal on v01.03.06 while you do a gimbal cal, there are big changes! You will notice it slowly going through a slow tilt / roll sweep. It never did that on previous revisions... and I've watched it close. Also the calibration takes longer and involves more steps. I'm hoping it will help the tilted horizon issue so many people have complained about including myself. I haven't flown yet but am excited. Has anyone noticed improvement in tilted horizon issues?

Nothing fixes the tilted horizon, it is a physical hardware alignment issue, and only fix it to have it replaced.

This has been with all versions of DJI drones from Phantom 3 upwards. It is mass produced so slight variations exist.

Firmware : v01.03.0600
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.7
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.6

Has anyone else noticed DJI marked the v1.03.0600 firmware update for the above listed app versions? I also looked at my google playstore account app GO4 and it had todays date as the last time the app was updated. But I have yet to see any of the mentioned app versions pop up anywhere, yet.
You can scan the QR code on dji's website for the latest version of the app (Android.)

Last edited:
Reactions: nrussell
You can scan the QR code on dji's website for the latest version of the app.
I'm guessing you're on an Android? When I scan the QR code with my iPhone, it goes to the same version (4.0.6) that's already on my phone, not the new one (4.0.7)

Must be on an Android? When I scan the QR code with my iPhone, it goes to the same version (4.0.6) that's already on my phone, not the new one (4.0.7)
Ah, sorry friend it must be; I edited my post.

DJI GO 4 no new update in android..

I'll wait for the 4.0.6 before I go and do the .600 firmware update

What I find a little frustrating is that in the DJI release notes for the .600 firmware they don't mention, what I would consider, is the most significant feature - the fixing if the API calls for the 3rd party software. (Litchi/Autopilot)

I know they (DJI and others) don't like to admit to any bugs in their software but they could have wrapped it up like "Stability improvements to 3rd party API" They have got bad press here about introducing the bug - so why not shout about the fact they have fixed it?

The other important change in .600 is the re-enabling left-stick-up to abort landing. Not only is this a good, intuitive safty feature, but it also demonstrates that DJI are listening to what users want. A good PR thing to admit to I would have thought? "Back by popular demand!"

A new flight mode as the headline - Yes that makes sense. But removing a battery "beep"? Not exactly something to get excited about compared to the other changes above.

Still, very happy to have Litchi back - (when I'm brave enough to move on from 400)

I don't think it's their job to say so.... The developer of third party app is responsible. As new apps come out... DJI should not make their firmware compatible with all third party apps. That's the app developer that needs to do that and announce that.

Mike

Reactions: roflyer
No good. My android will not download the QR option.
Huh, I am actually in the far of my ranch, no wifi, got the dji download page by cellular on my phone then scanned it off the screen with my shield. I had to allow installation by unknown sources on the tablet but I am running 4.0.6 now.

I don't think it's their job to say so.... The developer of third party app is responsible. As new apps come out... DJI should not make their firmware compatible with all third party apps. That's the app developer that needs to do that and announce that.

Mike

Agreed.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito