DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Why you think so? I whant it to fly indoors, i dont whant Jerky movements and jumps of mavic when suddenly it get GPS signal for amonent indoors, also there are a lot places where GPS signal is weak so i want to get ability to decide myself whether I will fly there

I've flown a lot in low GPS environment, where GPS is fading in an out. The Mavic switched back and forth from GPS- to OPTI-mode. I never experienced any GPS kicked in effects. I assume the flight controller is carefully comparing the GPS data with all other sensors in order to keep the bird stable. ATTI mode for me would only good to me for training. I don't see any other use case.

Did anyone on sedge s7 and Android Nugat tried the new firmware ?

I had to go back to .0400 after upgrading to .0550 because of app crashes.

0516243248ff2213af6bccdee6ef9371.jpg

Here is what changed!

sorry for my ignorance, and if you don't mind why you need to have full manually selectable ATTI mode? Never had any other DJI drone before, just a poor SYMA which has crashed maybe more than 50 times :)
The drift bro... It's all about the drift

Reactions: Skyler
Sorry, LTE is one of the variants of 4G mobile data. If your device is either a phone, or you have a SIM card in a tablet with a data plan, you can use that connection in lieu of going wifi to download the update.

LTE = Long Term Evolution, the future of mobile comms on 4G networks

I'm all updated, won't get a chance to try today though.

The most interesting and "useful" part of this update is the ability to silence the remotes low battery warning! Hopefully the mavic low battery warning is next!

Hopefully they'll allow us to silence return to home alarm.

I still see no compelling reason to move from .400
The low battery silencing would have been nice when I first got my Mavic. At this point it's really not an issue anymore.

What the heck is NFZ RTH improvement?
Lots of small NFZ stuff in each update, I am wondering when the whole system is going to come together and what will it look like?

Rob

It'll be NFZ planet.

Reactions: cmoney1976
I like the posted feature for Find my Drone.

I just wish that it could phone Home if powered when lost.

Still no Go 4 update available for my Play Store. But I found that you can load Go and go to "Me" / Settings / Check for Update and do it from there.

What I find a little frustrating is that in the DJI release notes for the .600 firmware they don't mention, what I would consider, is the most significant feature - the fixing if the API calls for the 3rd party software. (Litchi/Autopilot)

I know they (DJI and others) don't like to admit to any bugs in their software but they could have wrapped it up like "Stability improvements to 3rd party API" They have got bad press here about introducing the bug - so why not shout about the fact they have fixed it?

The other important change in .600 is the re-enabling left-stick-up to abort landing. Not only is this a good, intuitive safty feature, but it also demonstrates that DJI are listening to what users want. A good PR thing to admit to I would have thought? "Back by popular demand!"

A new flight mode as the headline - Yes that makes sense. But removing a battery "beep"? Not exactly something to get excited about compared to the other changes above.

Still, very happy to have Litchi back - (when I'm brave enough to move on from 400)

thats a separate release from the FW and its up to developers to work it out, this is where that information is available DJI Developer the SDK versions and the FW versions are not usually related. and they can release new SDK version with fixes without an FW release.

I just wish they would fix the modes they have now and perfect them before releasing something else that may fail.

There are so many little issues and a few big ones. Why do they continue to bring stuff we do not need instead of making right what we have?

Why the **** would they waste time adding this useless "fixed wing" mode instead of fixing existing issues? Oh wait.. this is DJI. Nevermind.

I don't understand people who write this kind of comments. Do you really think that DJI after that will throw all they plans and will begin to do what you want? My experience as software developer shows that user's comments with negative mood often are ignored, but constructive criticism is always welcome.
If you don't like what DJI does, don't use their product or don't update FW.

Thanks DJI for really great product and for free updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa