DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Looks like there is something wrong with the gimball control code, would be interesting to see if there are any others that have this kind of issues.....
I have the same problem here

Not sure what I would use this mode for. Any ideas?

As I'm watching the demo videos of "flight mode" coming out on YouTube, it seems DJI is trying to emulate an FPV racer-type flight, with the camera level fixed so when you bank the Mavic the image banks with you. Maybe this was intended more for the new Spark? It may also signal that the DJI FPV goggles will be out soon.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I think i will go back too, even if i do like the fixedwing and find my drone.....but do not worth the issues.
I'm not even sure that fixed wing mode isn't in the app rather than firmware, has anyone tried it with the latest app and older firmware?

I am back on .400 but haven't flown since rolling back.

Yes, today was very odd. The first time was while I was still on the ground. The horizon tilted about 45 degrees to the left, then slowly started to correct. It took about 2 minutes for it get back to almost level - but it never actually got level. This exact thing happened mid flight as well. 45 degrees slant, but this time it never corrected. I had to land and recycle power.

Since I went back to .0550 I have flown 3 batteries now and the problem has not come back.
I started having this problem today. How do i downgrade?

After upgrade in sport mode total crawling not the 46.6mph Ive seen before, odd.

Upgrade went through easily and after several flights I can't find any faults in the new firmware yet. All is good.

I have tried upgrading to .600 but have failed each time. I have tried both via app on my iPad and directly from Mac and it fails to install (uploading and transmitting ok). I am currently on .500 so I am wondering if I need to upgrade to .550 first and then .600? Or could it be that the cached download is corrupt?

Upgrade went through easily and after several flights I can't find any faults in the new firmware yet. All is good.
Are you recording video normally to your Mini 4? My mini was hit by the failure to cache videos bug and I have tried reflashing .600. Rolling back to DJI Go4 v4.06, downflashing to firmware .400 then .550 and still no video. Going to see if there is a complete reset option and try that next

I have tried upgrading to .600 but have failed each time. I have tried both via app on my iPad and directly from Mac and it fails to install (uploading and transmitting ok). I am currently on .500 so I am wondering if I need to upgrade to .550 first and then .600? Or could it be that the cached download is corrupt?
You should be able to jump straight to .600. While doing multiple flashes today to try and resolve a problem I was able to do that.

For those who have trouble to uograde - I had the same problem upgrading from .3 to .4. Tried everything but always stucked around 7x% in dji go or around 5x assistant (not sure if I remember correctly). Once it stucks (so it does nothing) just restart only the mavic (and only). The upgrade will continue.

So do this before it automatically restarts?

Odd one out here it seems, but my .0600 updated smoothly, flies rock solid, gimbal is fine... I enjoy the occasional flight on fixed wing just for the effect of cruising over waves at the ocean. :)

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
I don't get the purpose of FixWing mode. I get how it works but Can someone please let me know when you would use it?

I don't get the purpose of FixWing mode. I get how it works but Can someone please let me know when you would use it?
When you want your drone to handle like an airplane in FPV mode. More of a fun thing than for doing videos.

While I had issues getting 600 to install I'm very happy with it, no know issues found to date after several days use

Yeah it's odd, I don't know if it's part of the the startup gimbal process now??? I did do a gimbal calibration and that was a much longer process and it said calibrated complete and looked good, so Not sure if it just from the update. However when i started flying everything seems fine and worked well.

Have the startup gimbalance tilt gone away?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18