DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FW Mavic 3 upgrade/downgrade 0900 - read first

Suren

Reactions
To all that are excited to upgrade their Mavic 3 to the latest 0900 firmware, please note that you cannot downgrade again, even via dronehacks. Dji has changed the anit-rollback value this time to a 2 so it makes it impossible to roll back. You can still downgrade the RC Pro if you want, just not the drone. Going to fly now and will report how the new FW works

To all that are excited to upgrade their Mavic 3 to the latest 0900 firmware, please note that you cannot downgrade again, even via dronehacks. Dji has changed the anit-rollback value this time to a 2 so it makes it impossible to roll back. You can still downgrade the RC Pro if you want, just not the drone. Going to fly now and will report how the new FW works
I was afraid of that! The new Remote ID FW on the Mini 3 Pro came with an explicit anti-rollback disclosure. Seems like DJI somehow "forgot" to disclose the anti-rollback on today's Mavic 3 FW! It's a Trojan Horse! Hopefully, it's worth it!

So my findings from flying 2 batteries so far, not fully charged was great. I just enjoy the cruise mode, its super. I can set my speed and just control the drone towards the place I want to go. The brake force adjustment feature is so amazing as well, the drone does not give a jerkiness when stopping if you set it to a lower value but goes further before it stops fully so beware of that. Cannot test night mode as it is still bright out here but the M3 had a good camera for night shooting either way. Airsense for me does not fully work still but I did get 1 quick 2 second warning when the manned helicopter was only directly above my drone - this needs a lot of work from Dji. Other than this I personally feel that the signal penetration is much stronger. I sat in my lounge with the drone 2km away and closed the glass sliding door and only had 1 signal bar drop. Flew 4km away and no signal drop but I am on the DH FCC hack as well but never had this good signal before even with the hack. When updating the RC Pro, if you have the drone hacks hack for FCC, it still works.

So my findings from flying 2 batteries so far, not fully charged was great. I just enjoy the cruise mode, its super. I can set my speed and just control the drone towards the place I want to go. The brake force adjustment feature is so amazing as well, the drone does not give a jerkiness when stopping if you set it to a lower value but goes further before it stops fully so beware of that. Cannot test night mode as it is still bright out here but the M3 had a good camera for night shooting either way. Airsense for me does not fully work still but I did get 1 quick 2 second warning when the manned helicopter was only directly above my drone - this needs a lot of work from Dji. Other than this I personally feel that the signal penetration is much stronger. I sat in my lounge with the drone 2km away and closed the glass sliding door and only had 1 signal bar drop. Flew 4km away and no signal drop but I am on the DH FCC hack as well but never had this good signal before even with the hack. When updating the RC Pro, if you have the drone hacks hack for FCC, it still works.
Maybe DJI figures they don't need to cripple our range anymore since anyone with the right RID app on their phone can locate us and call us out with pitch forks! LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Yes it said speed cruise control. Were you able do the yaw (directional) cruise control also? That should yield a circle.
It is supposed to hold all control inputs on cruise. So you could set a corkscrew up (for example) and just let it climb that?

Yes it said speed cruise control. Were you able do the yaw (directional) cruise control also? That should yield a circle.
It is supposed to hold all control inputs on cruise. So you could set a corkscrew up (for example) and just let it climb that?
That‘s my understanding as well, and an exciting way to use it.

Do you mean to set the drone to fly a circle? I flew with cruise control on and turned the drone fully around back to me and it held its speed that was set

I checked and RID does not show up for me on my RC Pro, AS YET
The better test is whether the drone is actually broadcasting RID. Not sure how to determine that. Most of the apps that claim to be able to do that are of questionable value right now. No way to tell if they actually work properly, unless they find at least one drone! I‘ve never seen one detected yet!

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
The better test is whether the drone is actually broadcasting RID. Not sure how to determine that. Most of the apps that claim to be able to do that are of questionable value right now. No way to tell if they actually work properly, unless they find at least one drone! I‘ve never seen one detected yet!
I will try on flight radar on my iPhone. Going to fly again now so will check that

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Do you mean to set the drone to fly a circle? I flew with cruise control on and turned the drone fully around back to me and it held its speed that was set
In an ascending corkscrew circle around a very tall structure. The idea is to set a combination of fixed speeds for both altitude and forward and sideways flight.

Good to hear. It is supposed to have speed and direction cruise control both. So you could take off and going forward, set some left yaw, set cruise, and it would do the circle by itself, with no hands touching either stick.

Isn‘t that an entirely different system only used for manned flights?
I think he thinks it’s the same way manned craft are tracked. RID is not.
Apps for following commercial flights will not show an RID beacon on a drone.
Even my ADS-B only showed me manned craft near.
RID is completely different.
In New Zealand for @Suren I don’t that is different than here.

Reactions: GadgetGuy and Suren
Good to hear. It is supposed to have speed and direction cruise control both. So you could take off and going forward, set some left yaw, set cruise, and it would do the circle by itself, with no hands touching either stick.
I must be missing something because I looked and cannot find that. I can only get cruise on flying forward in video/photo mode

I must be missing something because I looked and cannot find that. I can only get cruise on flying forward in video/photo mode
You start the ascending orbit manually with the sticks and then just hit the Cruise icon. It should maintain the vertical and horizontal speeds on the display as it orbits around and up.

DJI link here, short video they show it being used and how for a speed+turn cruise control. Middle of splash page “watch video” is their pitch and shows it.

DJI link here, short video they show it being used and how for a speed+turn cruise control. Middle of splash page “watch video” is their pitch and shows it.

Watched it but it does not show how to use it. If you try yawing and ascending or descending, you will only be able to set speed, no where can I find how to set direction. That should be something like tap to fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burt12