DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New go 4 for android 4.1.8 problem

optiplex

Reactions
new update today for ANDROID, but as soon as it finishes downloading it just stuck there in "downloading"
doesnt finish the install

anyone else having this issue ???

REALLY confused on how DJI rolls out updates. I have it on 3 different android devices and all are on 4.1.5, and they all say 'no updates'.

WTH is 4.1.8?

LP

yep, 4.1.8
but doesnt let it download anyway
77a8a0d99b6c60a1d74efd1f91b02ba7.jpg

true, but it finishes the download, than continues saying "downloading" untill i cancel, can stay like this for hours

Maybe it's country specific....as I said, I still don't see anything but 4.1.5 on Google Play (US).

LP

I had no issues installing 4.1.8, hope I'll be able to try it tomorrow

Just flew two batteries on 4.1.8. Was a windy day, so stability was a problem - I'm going to give that one to the wind rather than Go. That said, I did experience my first 'gimbal gone wild' event. It stopped recording, flipped up and down a bit then returned to normal. Not sure what that was about...but since others are experiencing it, my guess it's a software or firmware issue....unless they've got a systemic hardware problem. I'm going to chalk it up to a random software glitch this time and we'll see if it continues to happen.

LP

Just flew two batteries on 4.1.8. Was a windy day, so stability was a problem - I'm going to give that one to the wind rather than Go. That said, I did experience my first 'gimbal gone wild' event. It stopped recording, flipped up and down a bit then returned to normal. Not sure what that was about...but since others are experiencing it, my guess it's a software or firmware issue....unless they've got a systemic hardware problem. I'm going to chalk it up to a random software glitch this time and we'll see if it continues to happen.

LP
Are you on fw .1000? I thought the gimbal glitch was fixed in that version?

Yes, I am. And so did I. I just posted to that thread... This was my first ever gimbal freak out. It was in very windy conditions, FW .1000, Go 4 4.1.8, Sandisk Extreme 64G U3 V30, always reformatted in bird prior to flight, IMUs recal'd after FW update. I did NOT recal the gimbal or compasses after the FW update. I liked how the gimbal roll was set, and the compass interference readings were nice and low.

The other interesting thing is that just prior I had been playing extensively with Active Track - something I have not done before. It sounds like there was another guy who had the reset as well on .1000 and he was in AT. I was not actually in AT when it happened, but I wonder if there is a code bug that isn't resetting things properly after you exit AT.

LP

Reactions: fln
Hmm, interesting theory. Hopefully dji is reading this and checking the code ;)

Got my 1.8 no problem
Download failed once probably due to my home internet so I tried it again and loaded right up.. Flew for 10 minutes and everything perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks