DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy from Katy, TX

matap

Reactions
Hey not quite a pilot yet but I get my Mavic pro this Thursday. I'm a real faster learner so I don't expect any issues however, I never say never. Looking forward to learn more though and just plain have fun.

I mainly want to take video of my motorcycle adventures and I feel this drone will more than serve it's purpose. I'll be honest I follow a guy named Adam Sandoval that holds the record for visiting every Harley-Davidson dealership on his motorcycle in the USA and in one of his video blogs he had a Mavic Pro and what sold me was he had lost it in the air but when he returned to the take off spot it was there on the ground perfectly landed. That sparked my interest and well the rest is history.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello matap,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hey not quite a pilot yet but I get my Mavic pro this Thursday. I'm a real faster learner so I don't expect any issues however, I never say never. Looking forward to learn more though and just plain have fun.

I mainly want to take video of my motorcycle adventures and I feel this drone will more than serve it's purpose. I'll be honest I follow a guy named Adam Sandoval that holds the record for visiting every Harley-Davidson dealership on his motorcycle in the USA and in one of his video blogs he had a Mavic Pro and what sold me was he had lost it in the air but when he returned to the take off spot it was there on the ground perfectly landed. That sparked my interest and well the rest is history.
Howdy from Wyoming @matap , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

All right, now I'm legit. After a slight mix up on seller sending me a factory refurbished unit I got a brand spanking new one. Updating the firmware as I type this now and will do all the calibrations after.

Ahhh! Fresh meat for the Forum!

Welcome, and if I may offer a suggestion; read the manual concentrating on the return to home (RTH) function and settings. Then set it up and go to a wide-open space and just fly around without looking at the display. This will teach you stick control. After you feel comfortable flying then check out the camera and the special modes that the app offers. Enjoy!

I got my mavic today :) (literally a few hours ago) Ya never say never for issues, I thought the same thing myself and still find myself with questions regardless :) But I love to learn.

I'm also looking forward to getting some video on my cruiser :)

enjoy your stay :)

First weekend flying and it was a success and by that I mean I didn't crash it but honestly I thought it was pretty easy. Of course I got quite a few people coming over to ask me about the drone itself and drooling over it's features. this thing has such a slim profile people always tell me that it took them minutes to find where that buzzing was coming from.

... people always tell me that it took them minutes to find where that buzzing was coming from.
Get the low(er) noise props and they won't even notice if you stay over 100 feet away.

So far I'm really digging this drone. First thing I got so far was a good case to transport and an extra battery. I know I can definitely use 2. If I need a third I'll get it but I'll wait to gauge myself as I don't just want a battery sitting around not being used. I mean of course I would use but I just having to charge it and keep it charged ready for use seems like a pain.

Three batteries is what works for me. It gives you a full hour + flight time. In most cases I only use two but when finished with those I load in the third so it is ready. You never know when something interesting will present itself. The remote easily has enough battery for the third flight. I have them numbered and just rotate through them.

Yeah, I may order myself a third one. The case I have fits three extra batteries plus the one that stays on the drone but at $9x.xx each I'm gonna have to pace myself and be happy I can get a good 40 minutes or so worth of flying to train and familiarize myself with all the functions.

Last edited:
My first few flights were in areas where no airports were around so no big deal but a few days ago I called my first airport since I was flying near my home to just practice using more the of the features. Pretty easy guy even gave me the direct number to the tower. However he asked if my drone was registered and it is, and mentioned something like we might need to get a copy of your certificate. I guess I don't care but any of you guys heard of that?

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! I hope your maiden flight went well. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky