DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MA2 owner from the sunshine state (Florida)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Ah ha! Will do as soon as I get home! Thank you for the info! I was like how the heck can I fly this around without this info displayed haha I was terrified.
I didn't get so reliant on the attitude/orientation indicator and don't recommend depending on it.

The attitude indicator in Go for was cool, but hardly looked at it. As a matter of fact it was a few years before I figured out the attitude part of the radar. Often for orientation the device compass would be off calibration.
I've used the map sometimes for orientation though. Otherwise I'd see it VLOS, or figured out where AC was from landmarks in the live view.

If I really got lost, I'd use RTH to get it back close to me, then cancel RTH.

Awesome! We used to live near there! I’ll be taking the MA2 to Jeep Beach this year in Daytona. Should be a good time as always! The main event is always inside the speedway. I wonder what permission I’ll need to fly one in there? Probably cant as it’s so close to the airport. I should at least get some shots out in town though at the other events.
I'm not sure if they will let you fly their but it doesn't hurt to ask ? good luck and have fun flying

I didn't get so reliant on the attitude/orientation indicator and don't recommend depending on it.

The attitude indicator in Go for was cool, but hardly looked at it. As a matter of fact it was a few years before I figured out the attitude part of the radar. Often for orientation the device compass would be off calibration.
I've used the map sometimes for orientation though. Otherwise I'd see it VLOS, or figured out where AC was from landmarks in the live view.

If I really got lost, I'd use RTH to get it back close to me, then cancel RTH.
I tried it and you were right of course haha Thanks for telling me how to access it.

You’re also right, it’s a bit laggy and probably not going to be as useful as the old version I saw even though it appears people were having issue with that as well. It certainly isn’t exactly like the attitude indicators in an actual AC but it’s close enough haha

So even though I got the fly more combo which came with a nice soft bag. I went on Amazon and got this case. For as cheap as it was it’s actually nice. No movement in the box when shaking the box. It also says the landing pad can fit in it as well which is nice but mine hasn’t come in yet so the verdict is still out on that one. The box did smell when opening it a few days ago from the laser cutting process but I just sprayed some apple cider organic house freshener in it and let it dry in. Now it smells good haha What are y’all’s setups for transporting?

C63DA7D1-218D-4088-BCD7-1A03D23FD63D.jpeg210F68E5-90FA-4319-91A1-E0690E9EDD79.jpeg
2FAA990A-A707-4552-942D-F2D0BFAFCC9B.jpeg
29FAE5E0-3ACF-4E15-8FD2-F1F1AD703FFC.jpeg

Last edited:
What are y’all’s setups for transporting?

Here's mine.

Reactions: MORTON
Oh wow that’s nice too haha looks very similar to mine! Where did you get your FAA card?! I put my FAA number on the side of the drone and was reading that you have to have your FAA certificate with you which kind of sucks because mine will just be printed on paper..

Oh wow that’s nice too haha looks very similar to mine! Where did you get your FAA card?! I put my FAA number on the side of the drone and was reading that you have to have your FAA certificate with you which kind of sucks because mine will just be printed on paper..

I asked the secretary at work to make it for me.

We have employee badges with lanyards at my job so she scanned my certificate and printed a few of the badges for me. One in the Spark case, one in the MA2 case, and one in my wallet.

Before I had the badges made, I copied and laminated the certificate.

I used a label maker for my FAA numbers.

You can use a Sharpie pen and write the numbers on the aircraft if needed. The FAA didn't say how the numbers were supposed to be on there, just had to be there.

Reactions: MORTON

Ah makes sense that’s bad@SS man! Yeah I just used my label maker for on the drone itself but I only had standard tape so it looks like crap.. I ordered the clear tape with white lettering so I’ll replace it haha

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
Got a nice little QuickShot test today but I failed to go into the settings and so I’m not sure what it recorded in. I assume 4k however YouTube seems to only allow up to 720p? Strange.

Reactions: Steel63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1