DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air pilot from Australia

Priva28

Reactions
It’s my first drone and I’m really excited but I’ve taken a bit of a risk with this one.
I have actually brought a MA with a broken front arm for only $350Aud($240usd) through an eBay auction. Everything else seems to be working absolutely fine except the broken arm. I already have some experience fixing and making with small electronics so I hope it all goes well. The replacement arm is coming in the mail soon! Has anyone else done anything similar? Was the repair easy? C465C560-2666-41BC-B274-0754A35BD413.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup
Thanks for this! I’ll make sure to ask if I’ve got any questions and I’ll update on wether it goes well or not. Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum. Were you able to find out how the arm was broken? I also have a MA and it seems like it wound take quite a bit of force to break one of the arms off. Best of luck with the repair.
It’s my first drone and I’m really excited but I’ve taken a bit of a risk with this one.
I have actually brought a MA with a broken front arm for only $350Aud($240usd) through an eBay auction. Everything else seems to be working absolutely fine except the broken arm. I already have some experience fixing and making with small electronics so I hope it all goes well. The replacement arm is coming in the mail soon! Has anyone else done anything similar? Was the repair easy? View attachment 88633

I have actually brought a MA with a broken front arm for only $350Aud($240usd) through an eBay auction. Everything else seems to be working absolutely fine except the broken arm. I already have some experience fixing and making with small electronics so I hope it all goes well. The replacement arm is coming in the mail soon! Has anyone else done anything similar? Was the repair easy? View attachment 88633
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I hope you get your Mavic Air flying again soon, Fly safe and have fun!

Update: I received the arm and repaired it! It now fly’s great and I’m going to have so much fun flying it. The only real problem I ran into was an IMU error that was solved with a few firm taps and a calibrati

Just a few questions, I’m in Australia so I have CE mode meaning the range is not as good as FCC but for some reason I can only get about 400m on 2.4ghz mode. Is this normal? I was able to get about 900m on 5.8ghz mode which is a bit weird.

Could a telephone tower very close to my house effect the signal strength. I’m sure it’s only a 4G(LTE) tower so it shouldn’t interfere, right? Should I stay away from it altogether, it’s really only about 150-200m away from where I fly at home?

Other than that, I absolutely love flying it and now just need to find more good places to fly it!

ABEC2E2B-2D1C-45B5-BA30-71CDD9B2C873.jpeg

Another slightly annoying thing that I have seemed to kinda fix for now is a gimbal tilt issue. When turning it goes slightly off which is really annoying. It’s not a deal breaker and I think I’ve made it better by calibrating the gimbal and RC. Anyone else have any tips to combat this annoying little issue?

Another slightly annoying thing that I have seemed to kinda fix for now is a gimbal tilt issue. When turning it goes slightly off which is really annoying. It’s not a deal breaker and I think I’ve made it better by calibrating the gimbal and RC. Anyone else have any tips to combat this annoying little issue?

Yaw very slowly, that should not cause it to tilt at all then, and it makes for much better cinematic video too.
You should be able to slow yaw in settings, gimbal can also be set to move slower, so makes all the flight coordination a lot simpler.

I fly closer than you are in that shot doing POI,s and have never had any issues but am in fcc but don’t think that would
be of issue .
Screenshot from video.
886CB4FC-CBEB-429A-9208-D92C0BE1DA18.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa