DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic, Chinese & RTH

quadcol

Reactions
Hello all,

I hope you have the patience for my noob questions. I've found a lot of great answers here.

I just got my mavic today - haven't flown it yet.

Two issues have propped up that I can't quite wrap my head around.

Firstly, when I connected to the mavic for the 2nd time using DJI go 4 it asked me to verify my mainland chinese number. It locked me out of everything until this was done. Being in the UK this seemed odd. I ended up re-installing go4 which so far has resolved this issue. However slightly worried there is something else I need to do to avoid this happening again? As I also noticed all the support information is in chinese as you can see here

Is there something I need to do to resolve this?

Also, another scenario i'm curious about how the mavic functions. Lets say for some reasons I need to land the mavic in a last minute location - I'm caught out with low battery for example. The mavic lands safe and sound. While I then drive to the location I believe if the mavic loses controller signal it will do whatever it's set to - lets say its set to RTH. Obviously this would be bad news as it wouldn't have the battery to make the journey. I think one of the options is hover and land, so I guess the answer to my question is make sure you set controller loss to land before getting in your car? Other than this I'm curious if there is a procedure to ensure it stays put. A remote off? or something? I don't believe CSC would work right? Because if I manually landed and the props shut off wouldn't the CSC actually turn on the props rather than shut it down?

Sorry if I've mixed something obvious up here with my understanding. Just not sure what to do if the above occurred.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_