DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic pro 2 hacks!?!

First I've seen of it, but one assumes an incredible amount of liability using it. Also not something I'd consider with a drone still under warranty or extended care service.

First I've seen of it, but one assumes an incredible amount of liability using it. Also not something I'd consider with a drone still under warranty or extended care service.

I have my drones insured by StateFarm so that’s not a worry. Just nice to have the NFZ removed when trying to do real estate photos where 12-20 ft needed but can’t take off cause NFZ.

FYI, State Farm told me they wouldn’t insure drones used “ever” for commercial purposes. If you’re a 107 pilot and the drone is registered for that use, State Farm won’t cover any loss, even when using it recreationally. Meanwhile, why not request a COA from the FAA for flights up to say 50 feet, and if that’s granted DJI will provide you with an unlocking license. (And if you’re not a 107 pilot, you shouldn’t be shooting real estate.)

FYI, State Farm told me they wouldn’t insure drones used “ever” for commercial purposes. If you’re a 107 pilot and the drone is registered for that use, State Farm won’t cover any loss, even when using it recreationally. Meanwhile, why not request a COA from the FAA for flights up to say 50 feet, and if that’s granted DJI will provide you with an unlocking license. (And if you’re not a 107 pilot, you shouldn’t be shooting real estate.)
Well that’s false. I’ve had my drone replaced by State Farm due to a crash on a camping trip. COA are time consuming and when you travel to different city’s for work, that isn’t always an option due to time constraints. Again I appreciate the reply’s but the reason for the post was to see if anyone had used this software, not a crash course of how to get COA’s or what my insurance company won’t cover.

Reactions: Aumoe
Well that’s false. I’ve had my drone replaced by State Farm due to a crash on a camping trip. COA are time consuming and when you travel to different city’s for work, that isn’t always an option due to time constraints. Again I appreciate the reply’s but the reason for the post was to see if anyone had used this software, not a crash course of how to get COA’s or what my insurance company won’t cover.

Are you 107?

I have State Farm. The agent told me if the drone is used for commercial purposes, the drone is not covered. I have my Part 107, but I fly all recreational. In the PersonalArticles Policy, Special Conditions section Item 7 Cameras(this is were SF covers your drone) it states: "You agree that no camera used for pay during the policy term will be covered. This condition applies unless changed by endorsement and additional premium is paid at our current fees".

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

I'm not sure what you'd get for your money. NLD (No Limit Dronez) has been hacking DJI firmware for years, and they can't do much for the M2P. This new outfit may not offer anything for the M2P other than FCC- Boost. Their disclaimer, "
  • Depending on your firmware and drone the hacks might include:
  • Remove No-Fly-Zones
  • Flash Custom Flycontroller
  • Enable FCC-Boost"
sort of implies such. If they truly "Remove No-Fly-Zones", I'd have to see it. Slick graphics, though.

Glad to have you with us!

I believe insurance is state by state, for example in CA I was told by State Farm they do not write UAV policies in CA.

More importantly, risk is risk, insured or not. It should not be discounted simply because you have insurance. This is clearly a risk indicator for any pilot!

I have a friend who uses the NoLimitDronez software. I have a friend who uses it for shooting jetski clients on his jetskis for the video he sells tourists as part of their excursion. He just uses it when they first go out for an aerial of them doing their guided ride. The rest the guides shoot with a GoPro. He says it works well. Only works with PC system at present. Can't install with a MAC as I understand it and the guy seems in no hurry to develop it for MAC from the correspondence I have had. I have not found out of that means it can be used with the Smart Controller. If anyone has tried, let me know. What's a nodding group?

Last edited:
V 2 of NLD is not far away and seems like they have a lot of changes and fixes

? Please don't believe this. At this point, they are just a scam as their software does not work on anything remotely new. Software hasn't been updated o0in almost year despite them saying it would.

Nobody waste your money on this scam software.

Reactions: ramee23
Has anyone used this software? It was posted to a nodding group I am apart of.

Looks like a clone of the nolimitdronez piece of crap software. Even use the same word "birdmap" when asking you to check what is compatible with your drone. It's not compatible with anything new. Flashing firmware can be done by the DJI Assistant app so that is not a special feature and changing parameters can be done by using an old version of the DJI Assistant app for free. Still can't change nfz nor altitude limit on Mavic 2. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same exact people behind nolimitdronez releasing this under a different name and different UI to rip more people off.

I wouldn't trust it.

Reactions: hhung516
I have a friend who uses the NoLimitDronez software. I have a friend who uses it for shooting jetski clients on his jetskis for the video he sells tourists as part of their excursion. He just uses it when they first go out for an aerial of them doing their guided ride. The rest the guides shoot with a GoPro. He says it works well. Only works with PC system at present. Can't install with a MAC as I understand it and the guy seems in no hurry to develop it for MAC from the correspondence I have had. I have not found out of that means it can be used with the Smart Controller. If anyone has tried, let me know. What's a nodding group?
Just curious why he would require NoLimitzDrone software/app to video his jetski clients? Unless he is directly in an airfield path?

Just curious why he would require NoLimitzDrone software/app to video his jetski clients? Unless he is directly in an airfield path?

Before about July 2019, the bay area was not part of the NFZ that bricked the drone on the DJI app, but when they updated it, it created a much larger radius that included I guess a new status on the bay where he flies. He flies the drone, not his customers. They do a jetski "safari" or excursion out over the reef and along the coast. He uses the drone to film them as they start up and head out on their skiis with his guide. He uses the video for the opening shots, his guides shoot them while they run along the cliffline and coast and then they edit it real quick and sell copies or drop it at their hotels afterwards. I think what he did was use the NLD software to restore his old settings which allow him to fly in his part of the bay. Although the planes do not come in to the airport over this bay (it is a few miles away and basically parallel to main runway, which sits up on a plateau) the 5 mile radius does include the bay. He could hit the button saying he is aware that he is on the edge of a NFZ and it would let him fly in the past. The update grounded his drone. So he undid the update using the NLD hack and restored the old one, which still asks him and he acknowledges it. It is a few blocks from my home and now I can't fly anywhere that I used to either.

Last edited:
OK, so a specific situation. now I understand.
I run into that where I fly, my location is within the airport radius however not along the flight paths. I have a blanket DJI Unlock for 6 months that I simply renew. I could just request a one year but haven't yet.
So I have to click a few "accept responsibility" messages but I am able to fly and have the features available in the latest Go4 app that I believe NLD app does not (various quickshots).
Thanks for explaining.

OK, so a specific situation. now I understand.
I run into that where I fly, my location is within the airport radius however not along the flight paths. I have a blanket DJI Unlock for 6 months that I simply renew. I could just request a one year but haven't yet.
So I have to click a few "accept responsibility" messages but I am able to fly and have the features available in the latest Go4 app that I believe NLD app does not (various quickshots).
Thanks for explaining.
That's not a bad idea because the bay is pretty scenic with a little island and nice blues. Maybe I'll check DJI and see if I can get permission to fly at that end of the bay. Would be nice to walk down there again and do some shooting. I appreciate the input. Do you just give them coordinates or something?

You go to DJI Fly Safe Unlock. Follow the instructions for either a simple unlock, or custom unlock. if you just want to do a quick 3 day unlock, you do the standard. if you want to try to get a long period unlock, then its custom.

here is a link to another thread about it. hope it helps.
Not receiving Unlock Certificate for Authorization Zones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun