DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro owner...Albuquerque, N.M....

Donnie Frank

Reactions
Hey doods!

Just poppin' in to say hello. I just purchased my Mavic Pro on eBay via a seller who insisted he had never flown it. It came with the Fly More Combo package + a Case Matrix case for a thousand bux...pretty good deal, I'd say.

Sure enough, fired everything up - batteries had never been charged and I was able to register the vehicle with DJI and purchase Care Refresh package for $79.02 because I had a $19.99 "customer loyalty" credit.

I've been an RC pilot since the '80s, but just got into quadcopters 3 years ago. Started with a gaggle of P1's and built a pretty good business with those. Then I got an Inspire 1, Gen 2, and expanded into the film industry, and now I have this Mavic for mostly indoor shooting. I just did a couple test flights and she flies nice. Got her up to 40+ mph in sport mode. Pretty amazing for such a diminutive bird.

I'm not a fan of being legislated, so I'm sticking with FW version 01.03.0700. I checked the release notes and sure enough, the very next version (01.03.0800) expands NFZ's and forces the user to log into DJI for the privilege of using their product. Not for me. Major bug issues were fixed in previous updates. A few minor issues were fixed in subsequent updates that I'm willing to live with at this point.

Like the rest of you (I'm sure), I have a love/hate relationship with DJI. I really like their products but can't stand their support. Hence; joining this bunch.

At any rate, I look forward to learning more about my Mavic and maybe even teaching some things once I get used to this beast.

Thanx for letting me join.

Donnie Frank

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hey doods!

Just poppin' in to say hello. I just purchased my Mavic Pro on eBay via a seller who insisted he had never flown it. It came with the Fly More Combo package + a Case Matrix case for a thousand bux...pretty good deal, I'd say.

Sure enough, fired everything up - batteries had never been charged and I was able to register the vehicle with DJI and purchase Care Refresh package for $79.02 because I had a $19.99 "customer loyalty" credit.

I've been an RC pilot since the '80s, but just got into quadcopters 3 years ago. Started with a gaggle of P1's and built a pretty good business with those. Then I got an Inspire 1, Gen 2, and expanded into the film industry, and now I have this Mavic for mostly indoor shooting. I just did a couple test flights and she flies nice. Got her up to 40+ mph in sport mode. Pretty amazing for such a diminutive bird.

I'm not a fan of being legislated, so I'm sticking with FW version 01.03.0700. I checked the release notes and sure enough, the never version (01.03.0800) expands NFZ's and requires DJI login. Not for me. Major bug issues were fixed in previous updates. A few minor issues were fixed in subsequent updates that I'm willing to live with at this point.

Like the rest of you (I'm sure), I have a love/hate relationship with DJI. I really like their products but can't stand their support. Hence; joining this bunch.

At any rate, I look forward to learning more about my Mavic and maybe even teaching some things once I get used to this beast.

Thanx for letting me join.

Donnie Frank
Howdy from Wyoming Donnie Frank, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329