DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Platinum Combo Owner

in this video is the first, I did not use the filter, in the 4 videos of Huntington Beach and Crystal Cove I used the filter n. 8 Polar Pro Cinema, the first video was almost at sunset.Thumbswayup

After hesitating for quite a long time on buying a nice drone, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the MPP. Can you give me information on these filters you used in your HB vids? Where you purchased, how much, etc.? To my eye, absolutely stunning!!!

Randy

After hesitating for quite a long time on buying a nice drone, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the MPP. Can you give me information on these filters you used in your HB vids? Where you purchased, how much, etc.? To my eye, absolutely stunning!!!

Randy

the filters are Polar Pro PL cinema polarized, nr. 4 - 8 - 16 I bought them in the DJI store at costa mesa CA, but at the same price they are on Amazon at this link, I'm trying them now, I'll try with other camera settings, I'm fine. Thank you my friend, the MPP will not let you down and it's fantastic.Thumbswayup

https://www.amazon.com/Polar-Filter...3&keywords=dji+mavic+pro+polar+pl+pro+filters

Thanks cajak, I want santa to send me a crystal monitor 7.85 as well :)

Thanks cajak1967, I’ve enjoyed reading about your journey. Your videos are beautiful. My Platinum was ordered about a month ago and it arrived in a few days. DJI must have caught up. But it was immediately handed over to the wife for gift wrapping. I’ll be opening it Saturday.
The weather forecast is not good, so I might not get to fly for a while (no way I’m going to attempt it indoors). I would like to hear more of your thoughts on initial setup and keeping the Mavic under control as a beginner. A few notes about my plan:
I will use the .15 version of GO 4 for now. Not sure what firmware will be on the Mavic, but I don’t think I’ll update to the latest, as I understand it can’t be downgraded. What firmware are you running?
I will be using a Huawei Ascend XT2 phone (search “Wunderphone” and be prepared to read all day). Tempted to order a CrystalSky before the discounted price ends 12/31, but I might want to try Litchi, which I understand can’t be easily installed on CS. I like the idea of being able to plan a mission without having to actually fly to the waypoints. I’ve read conflicting opinions as to whether Litchi will void the Mavic warranty. I have a State Farm Personal Articles policy for the Mavic ($60/year).
We have 56 acres, and everything around us is farmland (nearest shark hundreds of miles away), so there’s lots of open space to practice. I’ll be starting in Beginner Mode, testing Return to Home, and flying in various wind conditions with the Mavic close by. My impression is that a lot of crashes happen when RTH is engaged either automatically (loss of controller signal) or intentionally by a pilot who does not fully understand how it works. Flying downwind too far also seems to be a common mistake.
Any advice you or others have for a rookie is welcome. Glad to see you’re having fun!

Hello guys, my wife will be buying the cs monitor 7.85 for me. I hope I made the right choice, the 5.5 was just to small Imo. Cajak will you help me with your settings and setup also. I will pm when ready.

Hello guys, my wife will be buying the cs monitor 7.85 for me. I hope I made the right choice, the 5.5 was just to small Imo. Cajak will you help me with your settings and setup also. I will pm when ready.
You have a good wife. ;)

Lol yea Roland, thanks I can't wait. I am a first time drone flyer. Trying to buy some stuff before I start officially flying ☺️

Reactions: RolandW
Thanks cajak1967, I’ve enjoyed reading about your journey. Your videos are beautiful. My Platinum was ordered about a month ago and it arrived in a few days. DJI must have caught up. But it was immediately handed over to the wife for gift wrapping. I’ll be opening it Saturday.
The weather forecast is not good, so I might not get to fly for a while (no way I’m going to attempt it indoors). I would like to hear more of your thoughts on initial setup and keeping the Mavic under control as a beginner. A few notes about my plan:
I will use the .15 version of GO 4 for now. Not sure what firmware will be on the Mavic, but I don’t think I’ll update to the latest, as I understand it can’t be downgraded. What firmware are you running?
I will be using a Huawei Ascend XT2 phone (search “Wunderphone” and be prepared to read all day). Tempted to order a CrystalSky before the discounted price ends 12/31, but I might want to try Litchi, which I understand can’t be easily installed on CS. I like the idea of being able to plan a mission without having to actually fly to the waypoints. I’ve read conflicting opinions as to whether Litchi will void the Mavic warranty. I have a State Farm Personal Articles policy for the Mavic ($60/year).
We have 56 acres, and everything around us is farmland (nearest shark hundreds of miles away), so there’s lots of open space to practice. I’ll be starting in Beginner Mode, testing Return to Home, and flying in various wind conditions with the Mavic close by. My impression is that a lot of crashes happen when RTH is engaged either automatically (loss of controller signal) or intentionally by a pilot who does not fully understand how it works. Flying downwind too far also seems to be a common mistake.
Any advice you or others have for a rookie is welcome. Glad to see you’re having fun!

I'm using the latest firmware, even I'm a beginner, now I fly with the normal settings, I only use the Mavic with the Polar Cinema filter, n. 4 or 8 or 16, only the nr. 4 and number 8, the number 8 for me the best I advise you to start flying slowly, so you learn well the use of the remote control, not change settings and make a video, so after when you watch the video see how it went first flight. do not fly near trees and branches, I was sick this week with flu, Next week I hope to fly a little here near Newport Beach, where do you live?. Sorry my English I've only been living in Newport Beach for 5 years, I'm deaf for 2 years, I speak little English, I have a cochlear implant. You'll see that the Mavic is a beautiful drone, I'm very happy with the fantastic Crystal Sky 5.5 monitor. See you soon my friend. Thank you.:)

my friend, I connected the monitor with the cable bought on amazon, I bought 4 cables, with 2 cables I had problems, I have not changed any settings, connect it with wifi at home and no problem updates. Thank you:)Thumbswayup

I'm using the latest firmware, even I'm a beginner, now I fly with the normal settings, I only use the Mavic with the Polar Cinema filter, n. 4 or 8 or 16, only the nr. 4 and number 8, the number 8 for me the best I advise you to start flying slowly, so you learn well the use of the remote control, not change settings and make a video, so after when you watch the video see how it went first flight. do not fly near trees and branches, I was sick this week with flu, Next week I hope to fly a little here near Newport Beach, where do you live?. Sorry my English I've only been living in Newport Beach for 5 years, I'm deaf for 2 years, I speak little English, I have a cochlear implant. You'll see that the Mavic is a beautiful drone, I'm very happy with the fantastic Crystal Sky 5.5 monitor. See you soon my friend. Thank you.:)
Thank you sir. We're just west of St. Louis, Missouri. Rolling farmland with plenty of trees to watch out for too. I have a level spot picked out in the field about 100 yards from here that I can launch from and fly around the valley that our house overlooks. I was a photojournalist in younger years, so I'm looking forward to shooting with my new tripod in the sky. I'm sure I will be ordering filters soon. Btw, I would say your English is pretty darned good. Get well soon!

Thank you sir. We're just west of St. Louis, Missouri. Rolling farmland with plenty of trees to watch out for too. I have a level spot picked out in the field about 100 yards from here that I can launch from and fly around the valley that our house overlooks. I was a photojournalist in younger years, so I'm looking forward to shooting with my new tripod in the sky. I'm sure I will be ordering filters soon. Btw, I would say your English is pretty darned good. Get well soon!

Thank you my friend, have a good flight, Merry Christmas to you and your family.:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15