DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic... soft focus on left side... options?

kodiak1120

Reactions
I just received (14 days ago) my Mavic. I thought the focus looked soft on the left side when I first got, but then it seemed to have gone away. Today, I was doing some shots for a project I'm working on and it's definitely soft on the left side, but only on some shots. Kind of weird because I thought that was an issue that was either present or not.

Anyway, I'm at the end of the return period. I'm thinking of just returning it and ordering a new one since (1) I'll actually get a new one and not a refurbished one, and (2) it won't take as long.

Will DJI just accept the return. I literally recieved it 14 days ago today, so I'm at the end of the return period. Thanks .

Reactions: TheDigitalDove
Try filming with sharpness at +1 see if that fixes it before you return it.

Someone told that it is best to focus on something that is arround 40 meters away and keep it that way. So fly up to 40 m from the ground, look below and tap to focus. See if that improves focus.

I had the same issue with my original Mavic Pro. Soft focus on the left side, but it had a great gimbal. I contacted customer service and they asked me to send it back and I received a replacement Mavic. Great camera, but bad gimbal. Contacted DJI again and they had me send that one back. Just got my second replacement one, good camera, even worse gimbal issues. So, back to DJI with this one. That's THREE Mavic Pros!

I was hesitant to send the original one back because that one had such a great gimbal, but the soft focus was really bugging me. So, I decided to gamble and send it in. So far, the odds have been against me. I hope number 4 will be the one! Wish me luck!

DJI online chat is the best way to get help from DJI. Customer is excellent and helpful. Before you contact them, do the following:

(They will ask you to do this so do it ahead of time)
Downgrade firmware then upgrade firmware (both Mavic and remote).
Calibrate IMU, Gimbal and compass.
Reformat your SD card(s) FAT32 for 32gb and under, exFAT for 64gb up.
Uninstall/reinstall DGI Go4 app on your devices.
They will ask you if your Mavic has ever been crashed or had hard landings.

Turn around time was less than a week (from shipping out to receiving a new one). I do live in California about a 2-1/2 hour drive from DJI service in Cerritos. No, they won't let me drive there to get it fixed.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks or the responses. I contacted DJI through the web chat and they seem to have accepted the return. The CSR asked if I wanted a refund or an exchange and I told her a refund. She then opened a case and gave me a case number. I received an email yesterday, outlining the steps that need to be taken to send it back.

For the reasons set forth in this thread, I'd rather just return it for a refund and then buy a new one separately.

Reactions: rossmoney
Thanks or the responses. I contacted DJI through the web chat and they seem to have accepted the return. The CSR asked if I wanted a refund or an exchange and I told her a refund. She then opened a case and gave me a case number. I received an email yesterday, outlining the steps that need to be taken to send it back.

For the reasons set forth in this thread, I'd rather just return it for a refund and then buy a new one separately.

If you are looking to buy another one, you may want to buy it from Best Buy. They take returns for defective products without the hassle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic