DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from MN

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. 👍

Isn't it false advertisement in the specs for the Mav 3 that they state it can reach an altitude of 6000m above sea level but everyone knows that they are programed to only go 1,640 feet? Besides, 3 miles high is totally insane and against the law in most places.

Isn't it false advertisement in the specs for the Mav 3 that they state it can reach an altitude of 6000m above sea level but everyone knows that they are programed to only go 1,640 feet? Besides, 3 miles high is totally insane and against the law in most places.

It's not false.

For example, Denver Colorado is the mile high city. 5200 feet above sea level.

A pilot launching from there can go up to the maximum of 1600 feet above the Homepoint (AGL).

It's one thing that many people get so very wrong, the difference between 'above sea level' and 'above ground level'. I had to learn this many years back when I started learning to fly helicopters. It's a very easy thing to mistake though when you are new.

It's one thing that many people get so very wrong, the difference between 'above sea level' and 'above ground level'. I had to learn this many years back when I started learning to fly helicopters. It's a very easy thing to mistake though when you are new.
Thanks so much for the clarification. I have flown drones now for about 10 years, but I learn something new everyday. Thanks so much for the help!

welcome to the forum
that figure you quoted is the service ceiling above sea level that the drone can operate in
just a quick point its a mavic 3 not a mavic air 3 ,unless they have produced one that i have not heard of

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:)Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Very true. I live in Colorado at 8200ft MSL. I've launched and flown at 12,000ft MSL with no issues. Well, other than the winds but that's another story. Hahaha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13