DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member.

jmarmaro

Reactions
Greetings everyone! I'm new to this group. I'm a scientist by education, training and experience, but an avid photographer, percussionist and drone pilot (Part 107 certified). For years, I did model and mid-power Rocketry (up to H and I engines), but got into drones teaching Forensic science and Crime Scene processing, and fell in love with it.
Sadly, I live in a Zero grid, class C airspace near SRQ. I'm interested in doing some business with my drones and hope to get into 3D, Geo mapping and photogrammetry. But, I must admit to really enjoying recreational flying as well. I took piloting ground school and logged a small number of hours in a Cessna 172 some years ago as well. One day, maybe, I'll return to that.
In the meantime, greetings to one and all!

Greetings everyone! I'm new to this group. I'm a scientist by education, training and experience, but an avid photographer, percussionist and drone pilot (Part 107 certified). For years, I did model and mid-power Rocketry (up to H and I engines), but got into drones teaching Forensic science and Crime Scene processing, and fell in love with it.
Sadly, I live in a Zero grid, class C airspace near SRQ. I'm interested in doing some business with my drones and hope to get into 3D, Geo mapping and photogrammetry. But, I must admit to really enjoying recreational flying as well. I took piloting ground school and logged a small number of hours in a Cessna 172 some years ago as well. One day, maybe, I'll return to that.
Hello from Savannah GA!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to the forum from Manchester, UK... Had a PPL myself in my teens with a scholarship from the RAF, but sadly that career didnt quite work out for me :)

Welcome to the Forum!

Wow!, most of that stuff is beyond me.

My dad made it to fly a Cessna 182, but they won't let him pilot anymore.
Add 28 to my age, he still loves to be the co-pilot. :)

Anyways, what Bird (drone) are you flying or intend to?
The members here really! Thumbswayup

Rod ..

live in a Zero grid, class C airspace near SRQ.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I also live in a Zero Altitude Quadrant (ZAQ) of Langley AFB (LFI) Class D Airspace; I affectional call it a "Drone Taxi Zone…" While I was a Recreational Pilot, I could not get an authorization from the FAADroneZone to fly in my own yard or any other ZAQ. And there were other restrictions, less than max allowed altitude and smaller areas than requested…

But I am now Part 107, like you, and I now fly in my own yard, still a ZAQ, with an approved FAADroneZone Authorization… For my area, I just submitted an authorization to perform Roof and Gutter Inspections and Real Estate Video. I do not get greedy and request it for a period of 90-days (due the weather conditions and the availability of the home owners…). I included the entire neighborhood for about 1/4-mile. I only have to call the Langley ATC and they only denied me once when the Airshow was going on. But I did not expect an approval as there was a NFZ in effect… I was just hoping to catch the Thunderbirds on video from my drone…

When the authorization is 30-days out from expiring, they send me a email reminder and I resubmit a renewal and reference the already approved one. The first one took about 2-weeks for approval, the subsequent ones only take a couple of days…

So my advice to you is to submit an FAADroneZone authorization to perform the same inspections and real estate videos in your neighborhood (providing you do not overlap the actual airport property…

Below is a map of the restricted areas where I live and with the numerous Authorizations that I have, I fly all over the place…

Here I am.png

You can see the Pin where I live and the just west of me is an international airport that Air Force One, practices approaches on, just Northwestr of that is an Army Airfield and all the Red areas are National Parks…

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum!

Greetings from Detroit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne