DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mobile Device for Mavic Pro and P4

Marty Markoe

Reactions
Site
www.martymarkoephotography.com
This is a question for users of the Mavic Pro and P4 only. With the recent updates to firmware, devices that worked previously now have severe issues as follows:

Mavic Pro - disconnect in the middle of flight with a Samsung S6.
P4 - features and controls, for example the orientation compass and things like tripod mode, no longer work with a Samsung 8 inch Tab A.

I understand everybody has their subjective biases for Apple versus Android. I prefer Android for simple reason that it is what I am familiar with. However, if someone is using both quad copters mentioned, I am not adverse to going into an iPad. I'm basically looking for two things:
1. A mobile device that connects and works flawlessly with both the Mavic Pro and P4
2. A mobile device that also fits into the holder of the Mavic Pro RC as well as the P4

Appreciate any advice from users that have both and have had trouble-free operation in both.

Marty

I don't own a P4 but do have a mavic. I use an Acer Iconia 7 inch tablet. I believe that the 10" one works as well. There are two chipsets for them - MTK and Intel.

If you go for an Iconia you need to ensure that yours has the MTK chipset as the Intel one has issues.

I have used the Iconia with no issues at all on Go4, DroneHarmony and Litchi.

Nigel

I too can recommend the Acer Iconia One. I have a 7" B1-780 that has worked without issue to date. It will fit the controller without any modification, albeit a bit of a tight squeeze between the silicone grips.
41886a0e64b002f32e59cf6b22241153.jpg
a61361cb7d3a39022349d3d982743c12.jpg

Rollback your firmware. I wish DJI would keep different versions of the DJI Go online along with firmware to maintain compatibility of different devices.

Reactions: Masheen
Rollback your firmware. I wish DJI would keep different versions of the DJI Go online along with firmware to maintain compatibility of different devices.
Thanks for the advice on what new mobile device to get. I guess I could roll back the firmware but then give up some of the features like tripod mode.

Acer works with my P3A & Mavic with no issues, can't speak to the P4,
I don't force the tablet into the RC mount, but certainly holds it fine.
I do use the Shield for my P3A, I;ve dedicated the Acer to Mavic pro

Reactions: htommy
Before look into another tablet, first try another USB plug and use the USB port under the control instead of the one on the side, there seems to be a lot of issues with the disconnect on the side vs the one on the bottom of the controller

I use a Samsung S6 as well. Had disconnect problems that all came down to bad cable. I use the USB cable now. No further problems.
Ted

I second using the bottom USB port. Also I rooted my samsung tablet to get all the bloat off it. I have almost made it a bare bones unit just for the mavic. been very stable ever since.

I use a Samsung S6 as well. Had disconnect problems that all came down to bad cable. I use the USB cable now. No further problems.
Ted
Thanks. Will try standard USB cable at bottom of Mavic RC although don't see why it matters and how this helps use on P4.

I too can recommend the Acer Iconia One. I have a 7" B1-780 that has worked without issue to date. It will fit the controller without any modification, albeit a bit of a tight squeeze between the silicone grips.
41886a0e64b002f32e59cf6b22241153.jpg
a61361cb7d3a39022349d3d982743c12.jpg
How bright is the screen ? My iPhone is not great and iPad is even worse so looking for a new screen !! Can you see it clearly on a bright day ? Thanks

The screen brightness is one of the Acer tablets downsides. It certainly isn't as bright as other devices hence why I DIY'ed a sun shield. But for the price and compatibility I can live with its shortcomings.

You asking about the Acer iconia- themis4? If so, no lag issues at all, no drop outs at all. & belive me I;ve been through loosing monitor with the Samasung 5, Asus zenpad, & Lenovo tablets, 2 of em.
The acer has never even flinched, once since I got it at Canada Computers couple weeks ago
Acer iconia with MedTek processor, NOT the other processors that some Acer models come with.
Using it for G04-4.1.4 & Litchi almost daily now, between rain storms, Mavis pro. Tried it on my P3A also, worked fine, but I;m spoiled using P3A with the famous Shield!(marshmellow)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2