DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Old Guy

Ol’ Gzr

Reactions
I'm about 30 miles North of Fort Worth, Texas. I've been learning how to crash remote control cars/trucks/boats/gliders/planes/helis and now multi-rotors (pretty much in that order) since I got a Cox .049 powered "Thimble Drome Prop Rod" for Christmas I guess in about 1970. The little .049 engine spun a rear facing prop that pushed the futuristic looking 'rod' in tethered circles too fast for any 9-10 year old, but hey, it was the '70s. A couple of years later I bought an old Cox control line plane with no glow-plug for 5 bucks, put a new plug on it and flew it about 5 times before I crashed the first time, and maybe 10 more times before I REALLY crashed it. Fast forward a couple decades through cars, trucks, boats, planes, gas and electric, to helis about 10-12 years ago and now drones. Finally got off my butt and took the Part 107 exam last month and bought a Mavic Pro Platinum to reward myself.
I think the DJI log has me at level 14 after about 40 flights, had my first crash on # 41 or 42 and it was undeniably my fault, but I'll start another thread to talk about that.
Cheers and Safe Flying,
Geezer

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I'm about 30 miles North of Fort Worth, Texas. I've been learning how to crash remote control cars/trucks/boats/gliders/planes/helis and now multi-rotors (pretty much in that order) since I got a Cox .049 powered "Thimble Drome Prop Rod" for Christmas I guess in about 1970. The little .049 engine spun a rear facing prop that pushed the futuristic looking 'rod' in tethered circles too fast for any 9-10 year old, but hey, it was the '70s. A couple of years later I bought an old Cox control line plane with no glow-plug for 5 bucks, put a new plug on it and flew it about 5 times before I crashed the first time, and maybe 10 more times before I REALLY crashed it. Fast forward a couple decades through cars, trucks, boats, planes, gas and electric, to helis about 10-12 years ago and now drones. Finally got off my butt and took the Part 107 exam last month and bought a Mavic Pro Platinum to reward myself.
I think the DJI log has me at level 14 after about 40 flights, had my first crash on # 41 or 42 and it was undeniably my fault, but I'll start another thread to talk about that.
Cheers and Safe Flying,
Geezer
Howdy from Wyoming @Ol' Gzr, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy that new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Cheers and Safe Flying,
Geezer
Welcome from Chicago. Sorry to hear about your crash. Mavic pilots forum, is a very use full tool to help you gain confidence and knowledge when flying your Bird.
One of the very helpful sites is Mavic Help, click on Mavic tips once on that site.
Has answers to a variety of question. Fly safe and blue skies and may the propellers
keep on singing to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121