DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New owner app concerns

DC5

Reactions
I have just purchased a mini 2 and have been on play store to download the fly app.
I noticed that the app does not have the best reviews, and seems to crash all the time.
I'm using a galaxy s20 BTW.
Is there a particular app that works best?

If you go for the fly app you may have to authorise the "installation of an App not downloaded from the play store" or words to that effect, make sure the "once only" choice box is ticked.

I have just purchased a mini 2 and have been on play store to download the fly app.
I noticed that the app does not have the best reviews, and seems to crash all the time.
The DJI Fly app is not on the play store (not sure what you downloaded). You have to go directly to the DJI website to download it.

Last edited:
I'm using a galaxy s20
I fly a Mini 2 with the DJI Fly App (V1.6.8) with two different Android devices. I use a Galaxy Tablet S2 (8" Screen) and a Galaxy Tablet A8 (10' screen). I prefer the S2 over the A8 because it's lighter 9-oz verses 1.2-lbs for the A8. Whatever device you use, it must be at least Android 6.0 with a 64-bit processor.

Your Galaxy S20 meets those requirements; however, each manufacturer tweaks the Android a bit so they can add some feature the sets their device apart from the competition. And some of these tweaks can cause problems with some devices…

The DJI Fly App is a very sophisticated piece of software that is also resource sensitive (that means it wants lots of RAM and lots of Storage…). It requires all these resources because it's not just keeping track of how many times your "Angry Bird" hits a target…

It’s a Flight Computer and it's processing real time telemetry and video of your drone.

So, I advice you to remove all old Apps that you no longer need, save all those photos, music, and videos to addition storage like a MicroSD Card. And I also always do a Device Maintenance to clear out all apps and free up memory before flying… Google it you do not know what I mean…

Now, download it from the DJI Official Site, you have already been provided links in previous responses.

Finally, Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Good Luck…

Last edited:
Thank you guys, managed to download from the link.
I'll have a good gander on this site before I ask more questions.

Reactions: Tufargon
I have a Galaxy S20 also, and the Fly app works just fine.

What was the nature of the grievances that you saw in the reviews?

Reactions: LoudThunder
I have a Galaxy S20 also, and the Fly app works just fine.

What was the nature of the grievances that you saw in the reviews?
It doesn't matter what the grievances were. They were not about the DJI Fly app. They were reviews of a different app. The DJI Fly app is not on the Play Store.

The bad reviews were all about the play store apps not working properly.

I just assumed that the play store apps were the correct ones to use.

It doesn't matter what the grievances were. They were not about the DJI Fly app. They were reviews of a different app. The DJI Fly app is not on the Play Store.
That's as may be, but the question in the original post, was about the Fly App, so that's what I responded to...Fly App on the Galaxy S20.

Reactions: LoudThunder
That's as may be, but the question in the original post, was about the Fly App, so that's what I responded to...Fly App on the Galaxy S20.
The original post said he got the Fly App from the Play Store. That is not possible so that means it was not the Fly App. It was another DJI App most likely which means the reviews would be innacurate to the App he wanted or thought he was using. He mentioned just above your post "The bad reviews were all about the play store apps not working properly." So it was irrelavant what the reviews said. It was not about the Fly App.

Last edited:
The original post said he got the Fly App from the Play Store. That is not possible so that means it was not the Fly App. It was another DJI App most likely which means the reviews would be innacurate to the App he wanted or thought he was using. He mentioned just above your post "The bad reviews were all about the play store apps not working properly." So it was irrevalant what the reviews said. It was not about the Fly App.
Be that as it may, he asked a question about the Fly App running on a Galaxy S20, and that's the question I answered.

Your response, at least the part that was directed at me, falls into the category of "True and irrelevant". Irrelevant to the comment that *I* made.

• Haha
Anyone successfully running the DJI Fly App on a Samsung S20 FE 5G UW? I've been searching for this info, but only see posts about the S20. The DJI compatibility list only shows the S20, but no variants are noted. I need a new phone and that model is the best deal I can find that works with Verizon. I want to pair it with the RC-N1 controller for either a Mini 2 or Mini 3 Pro.

Anyone successfully running the DJI Fly App on a Samsung S20 FE 5G UW? I've been searching for this info, but only see posts about the S20. The DJI compatibility list only shows the S20, but no variants are noted. I need a new phone and that model is the best deal I can find that works with Verizon. I want to pair it with the RC-N1 controller for either a Mini 2 or Mini 3 Pro.

I would guess it does since it has 8GB of ram.

I would guess it does since it has 8GB of ram.
Thank you, that's my guess as well. I'd really like to hear from someone who has been successful in actually using that particular model.

Looks like I found my answer here. Great forum, sorry to bother you guys and that I didn't find this earlier.

Looks like I found my answer here. Great forum, sorry to bother you guys and that I didn't find this earlier.

Hey JD, it looks like the issue was with the Go4 app and not the fly app.

Post 10 SoftDev90 say's it is working for him. Samsung also has a an additional prompt in Biometrics and security that you need to switch for loading unknown apps.

Hey JD, it looks like the issue was with the Go4 app and not the fly app.

Post 10 SoftDev90 say's it is working for him. Samsung also has a an additional prompt in Biometrics and security that you need to switch for loading unknown apps.
The link he posted was to post 10.

Reactions: March411
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15