DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New phone, high battery use with dji go, never connected

erkme73

Reactions
Recently jumped from TMO to VZ, swapping my Note 4 for the Moto G5 plus. This thing has phenomenal battery life (23 hrs after last charged, still 61% remaining).

Since I have a dedicated device for the MP I will likely never use the Moto to fly. Nevertheless, I installed the app just in case.

This evening, wanting to once again marvel at the wonderfully efficient battery stats, I checked to see where the battery drain was coming from.

Despite never having connected this phone to the MP, and only opening the app once (but not logging in to dji) I was astounded to see that the app is the second highest draining item in the list... Ahead of the screen, and other much more demanding and active apps.

I'm going to uninstall the app, but figured others might be curious to know these numbers on a virgin phone.
Screenshot_20170507-220029.png

Yeah mine was the same on my Galaxy S7. Never used on the MP, just on there so I could view flight logs. Even after a full reboot a few days later it was top of the battery usage list without ever opening it. Now uninstalled and battery life back to normal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf