Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

New pilot from Raleigh, NC

alphajolt

Reactions
Hi guys! Just wanted to introduce myself and my new Mavic Pro Platinum. Still getting used to everything. A lot of tall trees around here. (Lived in NYC all my life).

One question I do have is my batteries don't last very long at all - I'm expecting a realistic 20 - 25 minutes but I'm getting 10 - 15. I read that the batteries need to used for a while before they perform as designed? Any insight on that?

Glad to be here, seems like a nice forum.

Thanks

Joseph

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
MavicHelp.com
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

my batteries don't last very long at all - I'm expecting a realistic 20 - 25 minutes but I'm getting 10 - 15. I read that the batteries need to used for a while before they perform as designed?
You should be getting close to 20 minutes if you're starting with a fully charged battery and not flying in conditions that cause the battery to work hard (e.g. cold temperatures or strong winds). There's no need to break in the batteries. They'll perform at their best right out of the box.

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi guys! Just wanted to introduce myself and my new Mavic Pro Platinum. Still getting used to everything. A lot of tall trees around here. (Lived in NYC all my life).

One question I do have is my batteries don't last very long at all - I'm expecting a realistic 20 - 25 minutes but I'm getting 10 - 15. I read that the batteries need to used for a while before they perform as designed? Any insight on that?

Thanks

Joseph
Howdy from Wyoming @alphajolt , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

LuvMyTJ

Reactions

RKX

Reactions
Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

hotnics80

Reactions

Thanks

Joseph

Welcome to Raleigh! I’m from NYC as well.

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.aerial-pixel.com
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy that MPP! Fly safe and have fun!

alphajolt

Reactions
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

You should be getting close to 20 minutes if you're starting with a fully charged battery and not flying in conditions that cause the battery to work hard (e.g. cold temperatures or strong winds). There's no need to break in the batteries. They'll perform at their best right out of the box.

Thanks!

dronepilotnc

Reactions

Thanks

Joseph
I'm looking for a pilot to work with me on a job.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions

Hauptmann

Reactions
Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that flying your MPP or any DJI quad is so easy, they practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.
Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. But the app won't be of much help if you get snagged in one of those tall trees!

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout the Carolinas. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Don't know why you're getting such short fly times, except for two possibilities: 1. If your MPP is a used one, your batts may be nearing the end of their useful life. 2. Climbing and hovering eat up more batt than level flight. Wish I could offer more help.

Glad to have you as a member!

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Welcome to the Forum! I'm assuming the batteries are new and not pre owned? You should be getting a solid 20min. at least.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mini SE - $299
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $649
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads