DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Rocklin, CA USA

Crispyvelo

Reactions
Hi Drone Enthusiasts!

My name is Chris and I'm 35yo, flying out of Rocklin, CA in the USA. I'm married and have twin 6-yo boys that are REALLY excited to watch me fly my new Mavic Mini. My dad just bought a Mavic 2 and I was hooked after watching him fly it just one time :).

I'm new to the hobby, but have always hoped to someday get into RC planes like my grandpa was. Since picking up my drone yesterday, I've already burned through a couple batteries and a handful of flights in the front yard. I live in a suburban neighborhood, and I'm a little sensitive about flying it and running into trouble with the authorities (even though it sounds like it should be okay, at least legally?). Probably safer to go to a nearby park, but it's much easier to step outside and practice in my front yard.

I plan to spend some time just learning the basic movements and getting more comfortable with basic flight controls. I look forward to leaning from the forum and plan to post some questions along the way.

Cheers!
Chris

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi Drone Enthusiasts!

My name is Chris and I'm 35yo, flying out of Rocklin, CA in the USA. I'm married and have twin 6-yo boys that are REALLY excited to watch me fly my new Mavic Mini. My dad just bought a Mavic 2 and I was hooked after watching him fly it just one time :).

I'm new to the hobby, but have always hoped to someday get into RC planes like my grandpa was. Since picking up my drone yesterday, I've already burned through a couple batteries and a handful of flights in the front yard. I live in a suburban neighborhood, and I'm a little sensitive about flying it and running into trouble with the authorities (even though it sounds like it should be okay, at least legally?). Probably safer to go to a nearby park, but it's much easier to step outside and practice in my front yard.

I plan to spend some time just learning the basic movements and getting more comfortable with basic flight controls. I look forward to leaning from the forum and plan to post some questions along the way.

Cheers!
Chris
Welcome to the club Chris.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be put off by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

Just be careful flying in high winds. Read the manual, and practice lost drone recovery. Believe me, you will crash your mini, and you will lose your mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover your lost drone.

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over No Cal. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Mini.

Welcome to the forum, to the father and son...you guys are awesome!

For a great flying location, try an early morning flight from the Capitol Garage across the street from the State Capitol. My Mini was able to make it around the entire building without losing signal, and my M2P flew around the entire Capitol Park. LAANC permissible to 400 feet.

Welcome to the forum, to the father and son...you guys are awesome!

For a great flying location, try an early morning flight from the Capitol Garage across the street from the State Capitol. My Mini was able to make it around the entire building without losing signal, and my M2P flew around the entire Capitol Park. LAANC permissible to 400 feet.
Thanks....wow, I'd love to see those videos! Chris and I met at lunchtime in Roseville near where I work and did some open field training. I can tell you that after looking at some of my videos, I really have to practice "gentle" stick movements!

Reactions: MIGUELVM360
Thanks....wow, I'd love to see those videos! Chris and I met at lunchtime in Roseville near where I work and did some open field training. I can tell you that after looking at some of my videos, I really have to practice "gentle" stick movements!
My videos are still sitting on a SSD drive, but here’s my flying buddy’s video of that day:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure