DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot in Cleveland, no idea where to fly

Hey all,

Just got my Mavic Pro. All charged up. Now I need to find places near Cleveland, OH where I can safely fledge my little eagle.

Anyone in the area interested in flying or even know some drone friendly places to get started?

Buzzy
All you need is NATS drone assist app to tell you where not to fly and after that I'd recommend a hiking app like viewranger to find the public footpaths from where you can fly - so long as they're not in a no fly zone, and check NATS assist EVERY TIME you fly. Last weekend much to my surprise a huge area around me was posted as having the potential to be declared a no fly zone for a few hours for military fly overs and air shows, whereas normally, its not a no fly zone.

All you need is NATS drone assist app to tell you where not to fly and after that I'd recommend a hiking app like viewranger to find the public footpaths from where you can fly - so long as they're not in a no fly zone, and check NATS assist EVERY TIME you fly. Last weekend much to my surprise a huge area around me was posted as having the potential to be declared a no fly zone for a few hours for military fly overs and air shows, whereas normally, its not a no fly zone.
ANOTHER app? Doesn't Hover show TFRs? I'm all for process imorovement, so does NATS offer an improved workflow over Hover?

ANOTHER app? Doesn't Hover show TFRs? I'm all for process imorovement, so does NATS offer an improved workflow over Hover?
NATS Drone Assist is the app to have. I mean, I have a no fly zone near me for a small aerodrome which it clearly shows but last week, about to check a new location I was a bit taken aback to see a huge area covered by a warning, and the warning stated that on the Saturday morning, this huge area had potential to be declared a no fly zone for a few hours, for an air show and low level military fly overs. So you need something official. Also goes to show you really do need to use them, not just have them.

I'm willing to try NATS, but does Hover not have the ability to show TFRs (which is what you're describing)

Welcome I'm From Ashtabula The shores of Lake Erie are great & all the rivers & covered bridges are nice out here.Plus the winery's.Look me up if your in the area.Archiecat

Thanks will do

768964CF-146E-4AF9-94AC-E6FB7CFCD0F1.jpeg
Hey all,

Just got my Mavic Pro. All charged up. Now I need to find places near Cleveland, OH where I can safely fledge my little eagle.

Anyone in the area interested in flying or even know some drone friendly places to get started?

Buzzy

Buzzy I just got mine also I flew it at the falls in Bedford nice pics

Hello everyone, I am new here :D
I would love to fly my drone. I just got it. I am from Cleveland. Anybody wants to hang out sometimes and fly these things? I do not know any places, but I really would love to go and try it.

Reactions: Ansbekk
I’m staying in Cleveland for next few days and I was looking at Fairport Harbor, Ohio on Goggle Earth. DJI’s No Fly map shows the area clear. Thinking of launching along the breakwater somewhere and get some shots of the lighthouse. Working/Staying in North Olmstead near CLE. That puts Fairport 50 miles away so I’ll make the drive this weekend.

Im in Lakewood and our local Lakewood Park is right on the lake and attracts people at sunset to watch the sun set. You can fly here and we are only about 8 miles from North Olmstead. Local Metro Park also has a few places you can fly. PM me with contact info and we can get together, I have a Mavic 2 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan