DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot in NYC!

Llobrao

Reactions
Was up everyone just discovered this site looking for any regulations in Catskill NY.

I’m new to the drown scene currently located in the Bronx right at the verge of Yonkers.

Any other New Yorkers want to share flying spots close to NYC I don’t have to drive to far to get some flying in without breaking any of the rules

Check out Tibbets Brook Park just over into Yonkers. It's a Westchester County park. I'm not sure what the drone rules are now but I flew there with my cousin back in 2016. We went on a Sunday morning just as the park opened and it was empty. Probably have to pay a parking fee, it is Yonkers after all. Lots of nice aerials.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Check out Tibbets Brook Park just over into Yonkers. It's a Westchester County park. I'm not sure what the drone rules are now but I flew there with my cousin back in 2016. We went on a Sunday morning just as the park opened and it was empty. Probably have to pay a parking fee, it is Yonkers after all. Lots of nice aerials.

Check this out Saturday!!! I have flight fever!!

View attachment 78055
You good money to fly in Y.OThumbswayup
Should be no worries

What other apps do you guys recommend to have as a drone pilot ? Besides the DJI go 4?

Be sure to check in with your NYS ID if you cross county lines:cool:

Check in? I’m a bit lost lol I just recently registered with the FAA as a recreational I’m scare to go above 100’ and farther than 300’ from me I think I need a few flights to get loose this drone was expensive!

Be sure to check in with your NYS ID if you cross county lines:cool:
He's kidding. NYPDs five oh (50th) precinct is a country club. Still, drone flights are prohibited within the Five Boroughs except in designated areas, none of which are worth a dam. Drive up along the west side near the water treatment plant and look for good spots along the Hudson. Nice spots near the Yonkers marina, but stay away from the boats. Van Cortland Park USED to be primo, but no longer since it is part of the Bronx. Great sunsets.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Was up everyone just discovered this site looking for any regulations in Catskill NY.

I’m new to the drown scene currently located in the Bronx right at the verge of Yonkers.

Any other New Yorkers want to share flying spots close to NYC I don’t have to drive to far to get some flying in without breaking any of the rules
Welcome to he forum. I’m from the Bronx as well. Pm me and we can discuss further future meets. Wish you the best with your bird. Happy flyin!!!

He's kidding. NYPDs five oh (50th) precinct is a country club. Still, drone flights are prohibited within the Five Boroughs except in designated areas, none of which are worth a dam. Drive up along the west side near the water treatment plant and look for good spots along the Hudson. Nice spots near the Yonkers marina, but stay away from the boats. Van Cortland Park USED to be primo, but no longer since it is part of the Bronx. Great sunsets.
That is true. Tibbetts park is nice. Cross over on the cross county pkwy and head over to New Rochelle, Scarsdale , Hartadale. Beautiful landscaping clear to fly. A few waterfalls as well.

Welcome from Georgia, the Peach State. I was born in CT so I'm officially a Yankee and a fan of NY. I agree with you in the height and distance, it took me a couple months to get over it too, confidence and insurance helps, lol.

Check this out Saturday!!! I have flight fever!!

What other apps do you guys recommend to have as a drone pilot ? Besides the DJI go 4?

Check in? I’m a bit lost lol I just recently registered with the FAA as a recreational I’m scare to go above 100’ and farther than 300’ from me I think I need a few flights to get loose this drone was expensive!
I was scare as well until I met with eyeflightdrone he is in the forum as well, we flew downtown Hartford and now I'm not scare anymore. Trust me you have a piece of engineering on your Mavic Air or any DJI product, just keep in mind you will fly high enough so you don't crash and always inspect your area before you taking off for possible obstacles, like antennas or high, have a good one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998