DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot with Mavic 2 Zoom - Risk Mitigation Checklists?

Reactions
I've read some threads about the Mavic 2 Zoom "dropping out of the sky" or pilots accidentally crashing or even losing their drones (especially when using waypoints and RC disconnects).

I've also read that DJI has issued warranty replacements in some of these cases because they were able to analyze crash logs.

What are some risk mitigation items you would recommend for a new pilot? Especially to ensure that adequate data is captured on the RC in the event of a system failure? I plan to use Litchi instead of the DJI Go app for the waypoint features, in case it's relevant. I also plan to do general pre-flight checks (Tight props, tight battery, solid GPS connectivity) prior to each flight. Thanks for any wisdom you can provide.

What are some risk mitigation items you would recommend for a new pilot? Especially to ensure that adequate data is captured on the RC in the event of a system failure?
First tip -- don't use Litchi. It doesn't log detailed data on the mobile device. If you lose your drone flying with Litchi, DJI Support will likely say they aren't able to help since there is no DJI flight log to review.

BTW, Litchi is an excellent app for waypoints, and is used regularly by search and rescue teams and professional aerial photographers. I use it weekly to plan, fly and analyze my flight. Make sure you have at least Refresh if you plan to use Litchi, and/or State Farm.

A friend of mine told me to learn from others mistakes as your wallet won’t survive long enough for you to be taught them all by your own! Wise words!
Take care. Peter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scATC1001