DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New product: Mavic Air Parallel Battery Charger

fstop.labs

Reactions
Battery chargers are here!

These are similar to the Spark ones, the tricky part was that before the DJI batteries didn't communicate with the charger, now there is a signal pin going from the charger to the battery

They charge 4 batteries at the same time and 2 USB devices. They also have a battery safety cover so the charging pins are safe when its not charging.

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic-Ai...eywords=Mavic+Air+Battery+Charger+Accessories

61i7CaYX+BL._SL1000_.jpg
61YftYxQevL._SL1000_.jpg

Great price!

Edit: Just an okay price, as increased from $40 to $45.

Last edited:
Love my dji hub and I Don’t use anything but first party for this **** expensive to

It showed up at amazon.de also but vendor is likecom. I'll just assume there's no difference :)

It's the battery that controls the charging

I ask this question for information not to be confrontational but to learn.
The charger that came with the MPP Fly More has a hub that you can connect 4 batteries to but it charges them in sequence. The Blue charger so many talk about charges all at the same time. Is the battery controlling the charge Is the blue charger doing damage to the batteries? I understand that once you shy away from using an OEM part things may not work the way the OEM manufacturer intended.

Is the charger in this thread an OEM or knockoff does anyone know

Last edited:
I ask this question for information not to be confrontational but to learn.
The charger that came with the MPP Fly More has a hub that you can connect 4 batteries to but it charges them in sequence. The Blue charger so many talk about charges all at the same time. Is the battery controlling the charge Is the blue charger doing damage to the batteries?

Its the battery. DJI chargers only have one charging device (I'm sure it has a proper name, like transformer but I'm not sure what that is). The hub simply moves that one charge circuit to the battery that is drawing the most power (amps I think). The blue charger has 3 separate charging circuits in it and provides the required power down each cord, period. The battery itself contains the electronics that accepts a charge and stops accepting a charge. So it is the battery that controls the charging. The chargers themselves, DJI and otherwise, simply provide electricity to the battery. Nothing more.

Its the battery. DJI chargers only have one charging device (I'm sure it has a proper name, like transformer but I'm not sure what that is). The hub simply moves that one charge circuit to the battery that is drawing the most power (amps I think). The blue charger has 3 separate charging circuits in it and provides the required power down each cord, period. The battery itself contains the electronics that accepts a charge and stops accepting a charge. So it is the battery that controls the charging. The chargers themselves, DJI and otherwise, simply provide electricity to the battery. Nothing more.

Thank, I like how you explain for those that have an open mind (I do about most things)

Need to edit my prior post as the price was just increased fro $40 to $45. Now, just an okay price. Personally, I'd buy on at $40 but probably not at $45 (I was going to buy one to give away).

So it is the battery that controls the charging. The chargers themselves, DJI and otherwise, simply provide electricity to the battery. Nothing more.

Not disagreeing with you, but on another forum a member pointed out the DJI charger hub has a micro USB port, not readily visible behind a rubber foot bumper, that could be used to program/upgrade the circuit board inside the hub. Interesting. So there MAY be some proprietary control from the hub itself.

Not disagreeing with you, but on another forum a member pointed out the DJI charger hub has a micro USB port, not readily visible behind a rubber foot bumper, that could be used to program/upgrade the circuit board inside the hub. Interesting. So there MAY be some proprietary control from the hub itself.

I was speaking about the charger itself. The hub does do something else... it directs the dumb charge from the controller to the battery that pulls the most current. But that is all that the hub does. This does not change that the battery still controls the charge itself and the charger only supplies a current, nothing more.

It's not made by DJI and it's distributed by F.Stop, who is an approved vendor here. Whenever a new DJI product comes out, someone ends up making an after market charger for the batteries. Never any issues with them (other then the lack of a ground on the metal versions).

Thanks, I'm learning o_O Or trying to.

It’s great to have options. For me, I stay pure dji as much as possible. Not for fanboy elements but rather mitigation of any potential issues if I hit a warranty problem.

If it was made by DJI it would be branded DJI not Yx, and DJI would sell it...

So there MAY be some proprietary control from the hub itself.
The hub communicates with the batteries to read their state of charge and decide which one to connect to the charger.

The hub communicates with the batteries
DJI OEM Charger.

The Blue Powerextra charges 3 at the same time and it is faster. Some say significantly but speed is in the eye of the beholder. Like Kilrah said, the blue one and others are not a DJI and it may or may not meet the specs DJI engineered. A LOT of folks use other than DJI BUT they do so at their own risk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78