DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

I understand getting the wetsuit to fly in snow and landing on water but, why would anyone want to fly they're $2,000 drone in the pouring rain, makes no sense.

I understand getting the wetsuit to fly in snow and landing on water but, why would anyone want to fly they're $2,000 drone in the pouring rain, makes no sense.

Its flying in the Rain and the threat of Rain , and the fact that Storm Pictures make some of the best Pictures and video you can capture not to mention the Lighting and the Tornado shots that are possible. > See Phantomrain.org Gallery for those .

You also have Search and Rescue Teams as well as those who need to get paid jobs done on time in extreme conditions.

So the Wet Suit allows for those options as well as taking some incredible pictures of the extreme skies.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: OneQuickSix
I have done a lot of flying in the rain and gotten some spectacular pics from it. I usually go until I get a drop or two on the camera I cant fling off.. its all about risk vs reward and a Wet suit lowers risk but there are still risks. A full on thunderstorm with sheets of rain coming down isn't something I am in usually but its fascinating to see one approach.

I got sprinkled and rained on in all of these but that wall of water had me landed before it was on top of me.. But i never once worried about being in light rain getting some shots and more up until then.

Last edited:
Long Distance Flight into the Rain over the lake : Spotter and No Antennas in the beginning.

Its amazing you got that far without any Attena . I did pick up the Alien Minis but taking caution to install the them .If you have a good video on how to do that /.

Its amazing you got that far without any Attena . I did pick up the Alien Minis but taking caution to install the them .If you have a good video on how to do that /.
Fantastic, they work amazing well. Send a letter out to Alien and see what they have.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: Hunter_k
No editing , Cannot stress the importance of keeping your drone still in order to capture a clean frame, the wind can be challenging as lightning happens so quick.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

DJI_0961.00_01_29_09.Still007.jpg

Here is was flying the drone slowly , but none the less , lost the frame to a blur by moving, Need to have the patience to remain still and frame the shot and hope the lightning lands in that spot.

DJI_0961.00_04_36_05.Still016.jpg

Amazing !!!

That is a pretty cool shot
Thank you, Unfortunately I was in the process of landing when all the Lightning started to happen as i went up in the Storm a little to soon. Thus the frame is very blurry. Notice with these shots of Lightning in the harsh winds , because I was hovering how well they came out. Lesson learned.

We just got an order from an NFL gear website for a Dozen wet suits , apparently they film the practice games in the Rain. they also sell the air 2/S in a kit with the Wet Suits now, Never saw that coming.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

If you have both the Air 2 and Air 2S you can now get 2 for 1 On the Twilight Wet Suit Package.
This way you can Gear up both Drones with Wet Suits and Ready for the Winter snow an the Rain.

Forum Members still get the Twilight Package and # 3 Air Tight Battery Covers and Color Designs for both drones.

Just Email me at
[email protected]
Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl and Capt KO
If you have both the Air 2 and Air 2S you can not get 2 for 1 On the Twilight Wet Suit Package.
This way you can Gear up both Drones with Wet Suits and Ready for the Winter snow an the Rain.

Forum Members still get the Twilight Package and # 3 Air Tight Battery Covers and Color Designs for both drones.

Just Email me at
[email protected]
Phantomrain.org
Hope you mean Now instead of Not get.

2023-02-11_07h31_41.png
Forum Members get a lifetime on the Parts , so your setup nicely.

If you want your Wet Suit to really Stand out , you can now get the Air 2 in Full Color with Matching Battery Seals like the Air 2S .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31