DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

Is the battery cover the only piece necessary for rain protection or are all of the pieces functional?

The Air 2 Wet Suit comes with 3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button Seals and Vent Covers and a Bottom Surge Mask..plus a few cosmetic parts , and 3 different color Designs.

Is the battery cover the only piece necessary for rain protection or are all of the pieces functional?
When I flew my MA2 in the rain only the top parts got wet but I completely buy that when flying lots of horizontal the other pieces help more. I stayed above my yard to minimize liability if it tanked in the rain, but everything was fine. The new battery covers are much better as far as durability. I haven't had any heat issues due to the suit.

Very intriguing! I live in the PNW - West Coast of Canada where we get a lot of rain. I assume you ship to Canada. Another question - what is your method of drying out the rotors - assuming you remove the blades and ...

Very intriguing! I live in the PNW - West Coast of Canada where we get a lot of rain. I assume you ship to Canada. Another question - what is your method of drying out the rotors - assuming you remove the blades and ...
Probably compress air cans will be fine.

I'm not a "Drone Scientist" but this does seem a little crazy. It's definitely got a cool Factor of 10.... but the big question is on a scale 1 to 10 how risky is this losing your drone because of the rain vs. losing your drone normal flying? And does DJI have any type support or comments for this mod? Seeing that this is relatively new mod I'm going to kick back and let this soak in a bit more before I risk my $1,000 drone even though I do have State Farm drone insurance which will replace my drone with no questions asked.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I'm not a "Drone Scientist" but this does seem a little crazy. It's definitely got a cool Factor of 10.... but the big question is on a scale 1 to 10 how risky is this losing your drone because of the rain vs. losing your drone normal flying? And does DJI have any type support or comments for this mod? Seeing that this is relatively new mod I'm going to kick back and let this soak in a bit more before I risk my $1,000 drone even though I do have State Farm drone insurance which will replace my drone with no questions asked.

Thank you for the Cool factor: ?

We have been selling Wet Suits since the Phantom days : We just applied what we learned it to the Mavics with tremendous success.

Rain does not cause anyone to loose there drone , but it will cause it to Flip over and fall from the sky the second that battery gets compromised.

Check out Rescue Jackets for the Air 2 , that is really the Cool factor.

DJI does warranty the Wet Suits but State farm is also good to have.

Take some time over at Phantomrain.org

20200811_161255 (1).jpg

50 hours and counting.

I don't fly in the rain every day, but when I do, I prefer a @Phantomrain.org wetsuit.

(Read it like the Dos Equis guy lol)

The motors are the same as the ones used on a submersible RC. No need to dry anything.

I've heard of acid rain, but I have yet to notice any corrosion from my Seabreeze storms. It doesn't happen on my car, so why would it suddenly happen on my drone?

Our Splash Test on the Air 2 is complete: After a full day of running the splash test , will post some video soon.
At one point the Camera connection was lost but that just goes to show it was under some deep water and was to be expected.

Connection came back immediately after and the Splash was recorded.
View attachment 106392

View attachment 106393

View attachment 106396

View attachment 106398

View attachment 106399

You might want to also check out the Air 2 Rescue Jacket:

Here is a Compilation of Videos of the Air 2 in Action :

Reactions: itsneedtokno
These look quite nice, but my question is, why would you want to fly in the rain?

These look quite nice, but my question is, why would you want to fly in the rain?
Well.
  • Living in Florida the weather change so quickly. It happened to me that I start flying just cloudy and start raining very quickly with my drone over 3K away.
  • If you want to make time laps from raining sky
  • Just your insurance to be safe.

Reactions: tryt53

They do look nice, they feel nice and they protect your battery and your Power Button from Dust, Pollen, Rain, Snow, and from Shifting under heavy breaking or swelling . There are a number of threads that refer to swollen batteries while flying so the Wet Suits provide a nice tight seal to prevent that from happening.

With that said the Wet Suit main focus is on those that need to get the job done rain or shine.

Imagine you were planning on selling your Farm, you schedule your drone apt when your back in town and the drone guy calls you and says, I see some clouds can we do this next week, o_O Happens all the time, Drone Pilots are more afraid of the Rain than the taxes they have to pay.

Thus the best way to ruin your company is to Cancel.

We have an account in Switzerland that has a squadron of mavic 2 that patrol the Rail ways rain or shine with there focus to keep the rail ways clear.
and the list of Companies are many.

Next on the list is Panic, There are countless posts of those that panicked when it started raining and crashed there drone.
the Wet Suits make a lot more sense than a skin and provide some real comfort and empower your drone.

Search and Rescue : Well they need to fly in all environments.

Storm Pics: Some of us love to get them, feel them and capture them , and for that you need a Wet Suit. Lightning Pictures come to mind.
Notice how the rain rarely shows in the pictures.

When it comes to flying in the Extreme Cold the Wet Suit Provide 6 Degrees more Heat to the Battery which is critical to fly in the Cold temps as your video that you posted shows, a nice heads up for that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Capture the adventure and get the job done.

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-1381x763.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tryt53 and qinks
Sent from a client : Who Knew a dinning room table could look so good.
Air 2 geared up with the Wet Suit , In the end all drones spend part of there life on the dinning room table

Screenshot 10-29-2020 22.45.08.jpg

Screenshot 10-29-2020 22.48.57.jpg

Black and Black looks nice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929