DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

Wet suit saved the day yet again.

Shooting for a client, I had just parked on location, and was getting ready to spin up when I saw the slightest mist in the air.

Being near the beach I thought, meh, probably sea breeze. (I was 7 stories up) But as I turned around I saw it. The rain. It was coming.

So, check the radars, infared and visible. Okay, seems to be breaking up. Lets do it! In the air I went, and here came the rain.

I used the time it was raining to compose my shots and as soon as it stopped I came back, swapped batteries, cleaned the lens and away she went to get the money shots!

Thanks Coal!

So I've been thinking of something, don't know if it's possible on your end or not, but ...

How about some sort of stamp or burn in with FAA Numbers on the wetsuit? I'd pay a couple extra bucks for that, for sure.

Gotta be cool though, not some bogus Sharpie bullsh...stuff lol

So I've been thinking of something, don't know if it's possible on your end or not, but ...

How about some sort of stamp or burn in with FAA Numbers on the wetsuit? I'd pay a couple extra bucks for that, for sure.

Gotta be cool though, not some bogus Sharpie bullsh...stuff lol

We Just Finished what were calling the Cody Green - Lantern . :p

Screenshot 10-03-2020 18.23.45.jpg

Screenshot 10-03-2020 18.24.49.jpg

Yes you can order it with the Neon Green under the Unit rather than the Black on the bottom.

Its just we prefer black as these Ultra Bright Colors show the dirt, , where as the Black does not show the dirt much at all.

Phantomrain.org

Seems to me the battery would get even hotter with a rubberized cover on it. My main concern is will having these on and flying in the rain cause mavic to void your warranty?

Seems to me the battery would get even hotter with a rubberized cover on it. My main concern is will having these on and flying in the rain cause mavic to void your warranty?

The Wet Suits are not made of Rubber , but a very thin layer of Neoprene 3mm on the Battery and 1.5mm on the Cosmetic parts . As far as the temp goes , your looking at 4 degrees extra in the baking sun in a straight hover in place for 26 minutes which is really not much at all.

The best part is DJI does honor the Warranty with the Wet Suit , both the Phantom and the Mavic series.

Thanks for your interest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50