DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

So that storm was a dud... For me anyway. ?

I got some other amazing stuff though. Check it out in Photos and Videos!

As always, more coming soon!

Hopefully tonight! ?

WOW - that is an award winning picture. Everyone need to see the Lady of the Lake.
Your doing some amazing work with the Wet Suit , thanks for sharing.

Is there such a thing as white battery covers?

We have done some : Custom Jobs for flying in parades and festivals Red - White and Blue flying the flag.
The problem is the battery get handled so frequently the white shows the dirt and you have to keep them clean , after awhile you get tired of it.
Thus black battery covers , Perfect.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
How does water not seep through into the side vents since it’s designed to let air in to cool these areas when doing 40mph?

How does water not seep through into the side vents since it’s designed to let air in to cool these areas when doing 40mph?

Picture yourself standing in a cave, you only need to stand back a few inches not to get wet, the Wet Suit make it much harder not impossible for the Rain to get inside , even when flying into the rain, its difficult for the rain to make it in.

Its the battery that barely handle 4 minutes in the rain before becoming compromised.

Compromised means: The battery will not longer be any good, typically this comes from the Power Button Getting wet.
Or the battery will disconnect and fall out of the sky usually preceded by Warning: Your battery can no longer connect to the drone.

Blue i have a video im editing the wind was blowing around 40+ the drone was bouncing around and yet the video is perfectly still amazing that wetsuit is unreal it was downpouring and when i landed there was very little water on it i love it amazing can't wait for the next storm:cool:Thumbswayup

@Phantomrain.org - I've read this entire thread and I'm sufficiently intrigued.

HOWEVER, I am still unclear about the seal around the battery compartment and I'm not seeing enough close-up imagery to educate me. I understand that each battery gets it's own permanent (semi-permanent) neoprene cover. Does this cover protrude beyond the bottom/side/top edge of the battery and overlap the adjoining body area of the drone? If so, does it have adhesive there (on the slight portion that overlaps) and therefore adheres to the adjacent body, or does it just rely upon the *squeeze* the neoprene exerts against the body in order to effect a seal? I presume the neoprene is not captured and *sandwiched* between the battery and body?

It seems to me that neoprene on the battery alone would be meaningless if it doesn't somehow cover the joint-line between the battery and the body of the drone. I'm NOT doubting in the slightest that whatever method you've employed has the desired effect, as your videos provide ample evidence. I just would like to have a better understanding.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Steve

@Phantomrain.org - I've read this entire thread and I'm sufficiently intrigued.

HOWEVER, I am still unclear about the seal around the battery compartment and I'm not seeing enough close-up imagery to educate me. I understand that each battery gets it's own permanent (semi-permanent) neoprene cover. Does this cover protrude beyond the bottom/side/top edge of the battery and overlap the adjoining body area of the drone? If so, does it have adhesive there (on the slight portion that overlaps) and therefore adheres to the adjacent body, or does it just rely upon the *squeeze* the neoprene exerts against the body in order to effect a seal? I presume the neoprene is not captured and *sandwiched* between the battery and body?

It seems to me that neoprene on the battery alone would be meaningless if it doesn't somehow cover the joint-line between the battery and the body of the drone. I'm NOT doubting in the slightest that whatever method you've employed has the desired effect, as your videos provide ample evidence. I just would like to have a better understanding.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Steve

Great you have a pretty good understanding of how it works. :)

We have 3 concepts that are working together to negotiate the Rain/Water to keep it out. :cool:

The First
being is to simply cover the Seams around the Perimeter of the battery.

The Second part is that there is Adhesive 3M Cover that seals the entire Perimeter of the battery creating an air tight seal.

The Third Part is we use the Compression Band to increase the pressure of the Seal on top of the battery.

In order to keep the Rain/Water out of the Vents we utilized a double Layer convex opening that acts like a cave making it much harder for the water to in.

We use a Pressure plug in system to protect the Power Button which we believe is the weakest Link on the battery as we have had repeated results of how easy it is to Compromise the battery because of it.

At the bottom of the Mavic Wet Suit we have Surge Mask that allows for the Water to drip straight down before going over the sensors.

The Closed Cell Neoprene has that squeeze to it and makes for a really nice Non Slip grip for hand Launching , very use full in the rain / snow/ boat when your hands our sometimes wet. .

The Nice part : We keep the Weight of the unit to less than to half an ounce.
and offer the Forum Members 4 Color Designs and 3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button Seals

Email me at [email protected]
and i will send you out an invoice. $94.95 plus shipping.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Last edited:
Great you have a pretty good understanding of how it works. :)

We have 3 concepts that are working together to negotiate the Rain/Water to keep it out. :cool:

The First
being is to simply cover the Seams around the Perimeter of the battery.

The Second part is that there is Adhesive 3M Cover that seals the entire Perimeter of the battery creating an air tight seal.

The Third Part is we use the Compression Band to increase the pressure of the Seal on top of the battery.

In order to keep the Rain/Water out of the Vents we utilized a double Layer convex opening that acts like a cave making it much harder for the water to in.

We use a Pressure plug in system to protect the Power Button which we believe is the weakest Link on the battery as we have had repeated results of how easy it is to Compromise the battery because of it.

At the bottom of the Mavic Wet Suit we have Surge Mask that allows for the Water to drip straight down off of the Closed Cell Neoprene to Protect the Sensors.

The Closed Cell Neoprene has that squeeze to it and makes for a really nice Non Slip grip for hand Launching , very use full in the rain / snow/ boat when your hands our sometimes wet. .

The Nice part : We keep the Weight of the unit to less than to half an ounce.
and offer the Forum Members 4 Color Designs and 3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button Seals

Email me at [email protected]
and i will send you out an invoice. $94.95 plus shipping.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Thank you, sir. I'll be in touch.

Steve

When you really did not think it was going to rain and it starts to rain and your forgot to protect your Power Button.

Screenshot 08-22-2020 19.07.38.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661