DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

Preparing for Black Friday Sale:
Thinking all 3 Color Designs : plus the 3 Battery Covers / 3 Power Button Seals , maybe

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
Very intriguing! I live in the PNW - West Coast of Canada where we get a lot of rain. I assume you ship to Canada. Another question - what is your method of drying out the rotors - assuming you remove the blades and ...

No we never remove the blades and the rotor do have covers but not really for the rain as much as blocking out sand and dust, pollen.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Is the battery cover the only piece necessary for rain protection or are all of the pieces functional?
All of the Parts provide a benefit but not all are Rain related,

The prop Covers which are better than the Aluminum ones you can buy really are designed to block out sand / dust / pollen, as well as the rain.

The Side Panels of the Wet Suit provide coverage along with the Compression band to keep water out of the vents when landing on the water as well as provide a non slip base to secure your drone in your hand.

The arm covers provide for a good hold on the outside and help with the Visual from a distance.

Some of the other parts provide support to the camera / sensors when taking off in the rain.

Battery Covers
are your main support and power plugs are also essential.

Being that the Wet Suit only weighs 0.3 ounces there really is no need to skip on parts.

When you add the Rescue Jacket to Remote land on the Water these parts become more vital
in the transition to landing and taking off on choppy waters.

The visual also gets extended to 3000 ft visual line of sight .

As far as cosmetic parts there are two of them:
I have noted them below.

We offer a nice discount package
for the forum members
email me at [email protected]

Screenshot 11-26-2020 22.16.27.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Air 2 in the Rain and land on water.

Reactions: Hunter_k
Were going to continue with the Twilight Sale and now have it posted on the New Website .
We have also posted the Rescue Jackets for the Mini 2 and Air 2 with the new Remote landing Package.

Phanntomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water .

Were going to continue with the Twilight Sale and now have it posted on the New Website .
We have also posted the Rescue Jackets for the Mini 2 and Air 2 with the new Remote landing Package.

Phanntomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water .

When you land on the water , how do you know that the drone will restart again and how far can I restart from ? Also is there any way to land without shutting down the motors ?
Im very confident flying over the water with the rescue jacket but terrified to land on the water , i did it once but I touched the water floated for a few seconds and prayed it would restart. Just seeing the drone shut off on the water was to much for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
When you land on the water , how do you know that the drone will restart again and how far can I restart from ? Also is there any way to land without shutting down the motors ?
Im very confident flying over the water with the rescue jacket but terrified to land on the water , i did it once but I touched the water floated for a few seconds and prayed it would restart. Just seeing the drone shut off on the water was to much for me.

Thank you , im going to write a post , I think it will help answer your questions I will let you know very soon.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Reactions: zeusfl

Remote landing can be tricky and every drone seems to have its own quirks so its something you can test out very easily.

* You have to have a clear line of sight , zero obstructions .
* If you are in a forced Landing do to low Battery , you might be able to restart for a quick hop.
* Some drone angles will not allow you to take off at all , find which ones these are at the kitchen table.
* The Air 2 is very prone to shutting down quickly at the landing so prepare for that.

* So lets say you crash into a tree and it shuts downs .
Its possible if the drone is at a reasonable angle you can restart it , most people forget to check that.

To make sure use GPS lock by being near a window ; You need min 7 Sats to start your drone.

Your going to learn so much about your drone at the kitchen table , just get a few books and raise the drone than start it up , at some point your drone will not restart as you change the angle of the Air 2 : Note the angle

With the Drone off but battery on turn the drone upside down and you will notice you cannot start the motors now start to turn it slowly over and you will get the Ok to start motors. Note the angle

So dont panic if your on the waves and you cannot start the drone just keep the the Knobs in place for it to start and it will when it has the angle that you noted.

, The same thing will work if you turn the motors off in the sky and its free falling, the key is to just keep the knobs pulled down into position to start the drone so when it reaches that perfect angle the drone will restart.

Note: If the drone does not reach a good angle it will not restart .

Knowing your own personal drone is Key because of changes that happen in every update .

One of our clients that I just spoke with got 30 Mph in P mode with the Rescue Jacket
and 40 Mph in Sport Mode . Air 2 Rescue Jackets are awesome I hope you love yours.

Thank you
Coal
Phantomrain.org

Neon Battery Packs for the Air 2 are now an add on for those that Purchase the Wet Suit .

The DJI FPV Crash Jacket : Impact and Water Resistant with a water proof battery cover.
Battery Are now fully protected and the Power Button,

3.5 mm to 4 mm protecting every angle of the drone from Scrapes and Collisions.

Screenshot 03-13-2021 21.24.53.jpg

Screenshot 03-13-2021 22.01.34.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
Normally we only post Video Testimonials but this was to good not to post : One of our clients really loves the Air 2 Rain and Rescue Set Up .

I have to admit the Hot Pink and Neon Red looks really good.

Rain and Rescue Package comes with the Rescue Jacket and the Wet Suit with 3 Battery Covers and 3 Color Designs
$174.95 for the Forum Members.

[email protected]
Coal
Phantomrain.org

IMG_20210404_184533365_HDR~2.jpg

All of the Parts provide a benefit but not all are Rain related,

The prop Covers which are better than the Aluminum ones you can buy really are designed to block out sand / dust / pollen, as well as the rain.

The Side Panels of the Wet Suit provide coverage along with the Compression band to keep water out of the vents when landing on the water as well as provide a non slip base to secure your drone in your hand.

The arm covers provide for a good hold on the outside and help with the Visual from a distance.

Some of the other parts provide support to the camera / sensors when taking off in the rain.

Battery Covers
are your main support and power plugs are also essential.

Being that the Wet Suit only weighs 0.3 ounces there really is no need to skip on parts.

When you add the Rescue Jacket to Remote land on the Water these parts become more vital
in the transition to landing and taking off on choppy waters.

The visual also gets extended to 3000 ft visual line of sight .

As far as cosmetic parts there are two of them:
I have noted them below.

We offer a nice discount package
for the forum members
email me at [email protected]

View attachment 119092

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Air 2 in the Rain and land on water.
Loving the Wet Suit on the <Mavic Air 2 but I am wondering if i can just order the front parts for the 2 S and use the same parts or do i need to reorder a new wet suit ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters