DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Air 2 Wet Suits - FLY in the Pouring Rain !

Yes we do have them on the Website , the problem with the Mini flying in the Rain is the wind that normally comes with Rain so be careful with that.
The other problem with the Mini is that the Open ports that are prone to moisture so the Wet Suits help solve those issues.

Check out Phantomrain.org
We offer a nice Twilight Package that comes with all 3 Colors .
Thanks. I will check your website.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don’t think I’d ever need four suits, anyway we could just purchase one?

Not 4 Wet Suits , 3 Color Designs that you can swap out depending on your color choice or background.
Neon Blue is really nice for flying at dusk
Neon Red and Black is great for flying in the greenery and tress
Black and Neon Blue is good flying over the water.

Just to give you an idea.
Thank you for your interest but if you only 1 Color just email me and
I will send you out an invoice for a discount.

[email protected]
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: crosswired
Not 4 Wet Suits , 4 Color Designs that you can swap out depending on your color choice or background.
Neon Blue is really nice for flying at dusk
Neon Red and Black is great for flying in the greenery and tress
Black and Neon Blue is good flying over the water.

Just to give you an idea.
Thank you for your interest but if you only 1 Color just email me and
I will send you out an invoice for a discount.

[email protected]
Coal
how much for one colour if you dont mind? :)

This looks awesome, and as someone who is always trying to get the perfect storm shots, this seems like a worthy investment. Only question I have, and maybe I missed it somewhere, but how do you go about changing/swapping out batteries? Many of us have the flymore combo with 3 batteries. Seems like the effectiveness of the 3M would wear off pretty quickly if you are required to swap out the wet suit cover for each battery - or is the idea that only one of your batteries gets the wet suit treatment?

• Love
This looks awesome, and as someone who is always trying to get the perfect storm shots, this seems like a worthy investment. Only question I have, and maybe I missed it somewhere, but how do you go about changing/swapping out batteries? Many of us have the flymore combo with 3 batteries. Seems like the effectiveness of the 3M would wear off pretty quickly if you are required to swap out the wet suit cover for each battery - or is the idea that only one of your batteries gets the wet suit treatment?

Thanks for your interest , Each battery gets it own battery Cover , and Power Button Seal , I recommend you leave the Seal on the power button as it does not interfere with the function of starting or turning off the drone and is very convenient.

The 3M adhesive is going to provide years of adhesion as we know this because of the Phantom Wet Suit for the Pnantom 3/4 still working today.

The Wet Suits comes with 3 battery covers .
Email me at [email protected]
Coal

Last edited:
After 24 Minutes in the Pouring Rain :

Which can be seen here: The video is at 5% slow motion to show Frame By Frame the Lightning pictures we got..out of it. See Ligntning Pictures Post in this thread:

The Air 2 engages the sky with Excellence the Very next day after the Storm.- without a single wipe down of the drone or the Lens Same Battery. Crystal clean footage watch in 2K /4K

Raw Footage: Testing all facets of the Air 2 , Just amazing after coming out of that Storm , Strong Wind and Rain.

Last edited:
After 24 Minutes in the Pouring Rain :

Which can be seen here: The video is at 5% slow motion

The Air 2 engages the sky with Excellence the Very next day. without a single wipe down of the drone or the Lens the very next day. Same Battery. Crystal clean footage watch in 2K /4K

Raw Footage: Testing all facets of the Air 2 , Just amazing after coming out of that Storm , Strong Wind and Rain.

Nice!!! Any more of of that rain footage of the air 2? I received your wet suit yesterday but wont fiddle with it for a few days... No rain until next week so far in forecast :(

Question, your slow-mow lighting was that in 4k 60 fps slowed down? Seems really choppy but it may be this connection venmo is doing something weird today.

• Love
Nice!!! Any more of of that rain footage of the air 2? I received your wet suit yesterday but wont fiddle with it for a few days... No rain until next week so far in forecast :(

Question, your slow-mow lighting was that in 4k 60 fps slowed down? Seems really choppy but it may be this connection venmo is doing something weird today.

Slow Motion was at 5 % slow motion so you can see Frame by Frame on purpose and how we got quite a few pictures of a single flash of lighting with all the frames.Screenshot 06-11-2020 02.38.27.jpg
Screenshot 06-10-2020 23.23.12.jpgScreenshot 06-11-2020 02.39.42.jpgScreenshot 06-11-2020 02.48.32.jpg

Last edited:
Slow Motion was at 5 % slow motion so you can see Frame by Frame on purpose and how we got quite a few pictures of a single flash of lighting with all the frames.View attachment 104506
View attachment 104503View attachment 104505View attachment 104504

Really awesome, so this is just probably me being naive but what weather do you not venture out into? In my head I imagine i can go out and fly in anything i want to go out and stand in slightly sheltered. As long as I can recover the drone(refresh) I am willing to get it a shot... Maybe thats high hopes but iv seen videos of it handling well in 30mph winds or a bit more... and now with the wet suit.

Really awesome, so this is just probably me being naive but what weather do you not venture out into? In my head I imagine i can go out and fly in anything i want to go out and stand in slightly sheltered. As long as I can recover the drone(refresh) I am willing to get it a shot... Maybe thats high hopes but iv seen videos of it handling well in 30mph winds or a bit more... and now with the wet suit.

Its not really about the Wind and the drone as much as it is the Wind and the Gimbal.
With winds around 40 mph you risk tearing the Gimbal ribbon even though your drone may be flying well in the wind.

This is really an interesting video as it shows the limits of the Mavic 2 Zoom in the wind. Despite the Abuse the Zoom was fine . just the gimbal was frozen.
Most likely its going to be close to identical for the Air 2 ,

You can skip thru the Cinematic Parts.

They battery Covers can increase the heat by about 3 to 4 degrees which is minimal on a 30 minute flight max.

The Motors on all the DJI drones are Aluminum Brush-Less motors designed to Negotiate heat and water and these same motors have been used in some submersibles in fresh water. They can handle temps up 450 degrees easily .

keep in mind that we have over 150 Videos of the Mavic 2 , the Mavic Pro , The Phantom Pro ect of flying in the rain and the research we have done.

You can check out some very powerful video displaying this on Phantomrain.org

If you ever get a chance to fly your drone in the rain you find out right away that rain is not transformed into mist.
Most of the time when we fly in the rain , you cannot even see the rain unless it is coming down in Buckets .

You can get water Drops , but they come off easy because the lens is so small , you can drop the lens downs a few times or use the wind its amazing how fast they will clear even in severe ran.

If you watch this video , you can see how if you do not panic , you can clear the lens.

Your chances of your battery swelling , popping out of place , and moisture in the power button is much greater than any life span of the drone could ever be.

We know this because the Air 2 build is the same as the Mavic 2 and these wet suits were designed to solve those issues.

The Air 2 is the same as the Mavic 2 but has better Props less chance of being blocked by debris with there new design , so no reason for Prop Covers on the Air 2.

Here is good example of a pilot getting caught in the rain for the first time and his Mavic 2 is Geared up with the Wet Suit: ENJOY

You stated, "They battery Covers can increase the heat by about 3 to 4 degrees which is minimal on a 30-minute flight max" however, most of my jobs are longer than 30 minutes. Is there any real data with real results from real flights. Or is it all just look at the videos, which although it does show them flying in the rain, it doesn't give me the technical data I am interested in.

Second, has DJI given their blessings on this wet suit for their done use?

Thank you in advance.

You stated, "They battery Covers can increase the heat by about 3 to 4 degrees which is minimal on a 30-minute flight max" however, most of my jobs are longer than 30 minutes. Is there any real data with real results from real flights. Or is it all just look at the videos, which although it does show them flying in the rain, it doesn't give me the technical data I am interested in.

Second, has DJI given their blessings on this wet suit for their done use?

Thank you in advance.

Yes on the Blessing from DJI - No warranty issues on the Wet Suit.

The battery covers although they create an air tight seal the heat is minimal , if you hover in the same position for 24 minutes under direct sunlight your looking at about 5 degrees more than normal temps..
The Cool Part is the Actual Drone is cooler because of the Neoprene and easy to pick up by hand , you dont feel that heat, which is just nice as is when it freezing cold.

You also need to keep in mind that each battery has it own battery cover that provides that air tight seal and power button seal.

So Heat has never been an issue but Moisture / humidity they are far more a threat to your Battery than the added few degrees coming from the battery covers and that is if you hovering in place for 24 minutes.

Just a little bit of Moisture on the Power button and your looking at a fully compromised battery with a warning that your battery can no longer communicate with your drone and of course
the threat of the battery swelling and the battery no longer able to function and the drone falling out of the sky on a disconnect.

We did a lot of Temp Reading on the Mavic 2 on some super heated days close to 100 degrees but nothing on the Air 2 Yet as we have only had 1 day of 85 degrees heat , not even worth testing .
I will keep everyone posted on the next Super Nova we have and add a few temp readings as we did with the mavic 2 .

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartan Drones
So if I apply these adhesive patches of neoprene onto the already solid plastic portions of my drone, my drone then becomes impervious to the rain?

My wetsuit is still going strong on my zoom with only a tiny peel up in all the time I've had it. The 3m holds up like a champ. I'm definitely going to be picking one up for my ma2 soon.

Making a note to add some extras for you on your order , keep me posted when you pick up the Air 2.

How do these suits prevent water from entering the motors? :oops:

you can search this as a lot of tests have been done on the aluminum brush-less motors as they are designed to negotiate not only high levels of heat but also water . This is why these types of motors are used in some submersibles . So the motors are not a weak link when it comes to the rain , but that batteries are . Not only are batteries easily compromised but the power button as well.

thank u for ur interest

Reactions: Vapor069

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos