DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Mavic Mini 2 Wet Suits - Storm Approved.

That looks awesome. I cant wait.

I just bought a Mini 2 and I was worried about the USB C port getting destroyed in our constantly wet weather. I’m so glad to know these jackets exist!

Reactions: zeusfl
Awesome !

Some outstanding results with the Mini 2 Rescue Jackets

Lighter than the regular floats and more capable in the water do to its Stream line design and a low center of gravity the Mini 2 Rescue Jackets are proving to be very capable .

We recommend on the Remote Landings that you restart the drone after it lands so you can pop up over the bigger waves.

weight : 2.5 ounces dry.

Last edited:
Thanks to the Mini 2 Power Increase we were able to create an Entirely New Wet Suit that will allow you fly in the Hard Rain or the Heavy Snow Storm.
View attachment 117861

:oops: First we added a 4mm Bumper on the nose for all those wall bumps. lol We had a few of them already.

We utilized a full 2mm Neoprene surround on the top cover and retracted the Vents, keeping them open but making it much harder for the rain to get in.

We added a full 2mm Surge Mask keeping the Sensors open with a Non Slip Pivot so no accidental covering of the Sensors.

We sealed the Ports and SD card slot including the Battery Connector, It folds up with everything in place, and comes with the Phantomrain Sticker to have some fun with.

Unlike the Mini the Mini 2 Wet Suits are Fully Functional in the Storm , thanks to it level 5 wind Protection levels .

?The Weight of the Wet Suit is 0.03 of an ounce , and you can change the Look of the Mini 2 in less than 1 minute.

The Mini 2 Twilight Package for the Forum Members is $64.95 plus shipping $9.95 Priority.
will come with : Black / Iridescent Blue / Neon Red /Iridescent Green.

Email me at [email protected]
and i will send you out an invoice for the Mini 2 Twilight Wet Suit Package.

Just to make it clear : THE FORUM MEMBERS GET ALL OF THE COLORS SHOWN BELOW AS PART OF THE
MINI 2 TWILIGHT PACKAGE
except for white and Purple these our custom colors .

View attachment 117854

View attachment 117855

View attachment 117856
View attachment 117857

View attachment 117858

View attachment 117862

The All White is a Custom Order as is Lunar Purple Color :

View attachment 117860

As with all of our Wet Suit Packages we will continue to Add Videos of the MINI 2 in the Rain and possibly in the Near Future Floating on the Lake . ? Mini 2 needs a sensor update as it a little risky with Remote Landings.
Nice looking suits, I live on a 3,400 acre late so will need to consider

We will be releasing the Rain and Rescue Jacket for the Mini 2 very soon.
I was hoping for one more update on the Mini 2 .

Its on its way.

The New Update on the MINI 2 solved the Issues that the Mini 2 was having when landing on the Water .
So we will be releasing the Mini 2 Rescue Jackets soon.

There are still reports of the Mini 2 Gimbal not being completely stable in flight but this has nothing to do
with the Sensor Issue that has been fixed.

The Mini 2 Rescue Jackets are really designed for the DJI refresh program but you can use them to Remote Land on some Pretty choppy waters as shown in the videos posted.

Last edited:
What about the area where the gamble is? That area does seem a bit exposed for water to enter regardless ?

What about the area where the gamble is? That area does seem a bit exposed for water to enter regardless ?

That is a concern that everyone has but it has never proven to be an issue in any of the DJI drones when flying in the Rain or Landing on the Water. With that said there are far greater issues , such as the Battery and Power button getting wet.

Notice the Drones landing at times underwater as long as that Battery is sealed and the Power button is protected the drone can continue to Negotiate a bad situation. and easily handles Pouring rain or heavy wet snow.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Pouring Rain, Falling Snow or Float on Water.

I really doubt it is a rain coat instead of a decoration shell. From the photos, it only covers that drone up-body shell that does not leak water anyway. I don't see any protection on those spots that could leak water, such as joins, motors.

I really doubt it is a rain coat instead of a decoration shell. From the photos, it only covers that drone up-body shell that does not leak water anyway. I don't see any protection on those spots that could leak water, such as joins, motors.
When it comes to the Mini 2 Exclusively there is not much that needs protecting.

The biggest issue with the Mini 2 in the Rain are the Open Ports , and the Open Battery seams so the Wet Suit helps seal those up.

The second issue with the Mini 2 is the water drops on the landing sensors which can really be challenging to the sensors so we use a Surge Mask under the Drone to Secure everything.

The Mini 2 comes with Prop Covers for the Aluminum Brushless Motors which as I am sure you know designed to negotiate water as they are the same motors used in some Submersibles

So the Props covers that come with the Mini series wet suit is to protect the Motors from Debris, Pollen, stones, dirt and mostly sand....

So the Mini Wet Suits serve a few different Purposes and when geared up with a Rescue Jacket can make flying over the water a little less stressful even if you do have to Fish it out of the water to secure Your DJI refresh.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Pouring Rain / Snow

FYI: It may not be are first drone we pick to fly in the Storms but
the Mini 2 has held up very well compared to the Mini.

Notice the Mini flying in the Rain without the prop Covers, Were always testing. ;)

Reactions: eaglesurfing
When it comes to the Mini 2 Exclusively there is not much that needs protecting.

The biggest issue with the Mini 2 in the Rain are the Open Ports , and the Open Battery seams so the Wet Suit helps seal those up.

The second issue with the Mini 2 is the water drops on the landing sensors which can really be challenging to the sensors so we use a Surge Mask under the Drone to Secure everything.

The Mini 2 comes with Prop Covers for the Aluminum Brushless Motors which as I am sure you know designed to negotiate water as they are the same motors used in some Submersibles

So the Props covers that come with the Mini series wet suit is to protect the Motors from Debris, Pollen, stones, dirt and mostly sand....

So the Mini Wet Suits serve a few different Purposes and when geared up with a Rescue Jacket can make flying over the water a little less stressful even if you do have to Fish it out of the water to secure Your DJI refresh.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Pouring Rain / Snow

FYI: It may not be are first drone we pick to fly in the Storms but
the Mini 2 has held up very well compared to the Mini.

Notice the Mini flying in the Rain without the prop Covers, Were always testing. ;)

This is a really nice footage!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM