DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release: Mavic Mini 2 Wet Suits - Storm Approved.

This is the latest Update on flying the Mini 2 in the Rain.
You need to let me know if you want the Sea Green in place of another Color:

Black : Neon Red: Neon Blue are the Twilight Version now !

This is the latest Update on flying the Mini 2 in the Rain.
You need to let me know if you want the Sea Green in place of another Color:

Black : Neon Red: Neon Blue are the Twilight Version now !

Beautiful. Hard to get rain like that without the wind! I am certainly no expert but I am curious though about the functionality of certain parts of the wetsuit. They just don't seem to be protecting anything such as the bits on the arms and the very front. What am I missing? ?

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Beautiful. Hard to get rain like that without the wind! I am certainly no expert but I am curious though about the functionality of certain parts of the wetsuit. They just don't seem to be protecting anything such as the bits on the arms and the very front. What am I missing? ?
The Mini 2 only has a few Critical areas when it comes to flying in the Rain.
and being submerged in the Water : The Esc Module is very weak, as is the Mother Board.

Thus protecting the Open Ports on the back are critical to protect the ESC and Mother board.

The Open Motors are prone to being blocked with Sand / Salt and stones so the Prop Covers help with that despite that they can negotiate the water so well.

The Bottom Surge Mask protects the Sensors from getting compromised as the Mini Starts to spiral out of control when
they get wet .

The Back battery Lid on the Back of the Mini 2 is very fragile and the Back Cover helps seal it along with the Compression bands .

The Side Panels allow you a secure and Safe Grip on the drone to hand catch / Launch

The more videos you watch of the Mini in action the more you can see how everything comes together
as you
cannot land on the Water with a Mini Rescue Jacket without a Mini Wet Suit to Protect the Power Button and the Open Ports.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

The Mini 2 only has a few Critical areas when it comes to flying in the Rain.
and being submerged in the Water : The Esc Module is very weak, as is the Mother Board.

Thus protecting the Open Ports on the back are critical to protect the ESC and Mother board.

The Open Motors are prone to being blocked with Sand / Salt and stones so the Prop Covers help with that despite that they can negotiate the water so well.

The Bottom Surge Mask protects the Sensors from getting compromised as the Mini Starts to spiral out of control when
they get wet .

The Back battery Lid on the Back of the Mini 2 is very fragile and the Back Cover helps seal it along with the Compression bands .

The Side Panels allow you a secure and Safe Grip on the drone to hand catch / Launch

The more videos you watch of the Mini in action the more you can see how everything comes together as you
cannot land on the Water with a Mini Rescue Jacket without a Mini Wet Suit to Protect the Power Button and the Open Ports.

Phantomrain.org

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Was wondering. The bits on the arms can be a pain to keep attached there so wondered if I really did need them.

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Was wondering. The bits on the arms can be a pain to keep attached there so wondered if I really did need them.
These apply with pressure , the more pressure the stronger the adhesion will take place.
The legs covers are more for cosmetic appearance but stay on nicely if you put them on well the first time.

2021-08-03_14h09_29.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I posted this on another thread but can you do a long distance flight with the Mini 2 Rescue Jacket with the Wet Suit in the rain . That way you can cover all the bases .
I will try to get that done for you, the Rescue Jacket is not really made for long distance flights however I think you mean around 8 thousand feet , hopefully that will be good enough . Two and 1/ 2 spotters worth . lol

I will see what I can do. Thank you .
Phantomrain.org
Coal

I will try to get that done for you, the Rescue Jacket is not really made for long distance flights however I think you mean around 8 thousand feet , hopefully that will be good enough . Two and 1/ 2 spotters worth . lol

Phantomrain.org
Coal
I can work this out !!

Phantomrain.org
Coal
How well does the Wet Suit protect in the rain when flying in Sport mode?

How well does the Wet Suit protect in the rain when flying in Sport mode?
We have tested all the drones out in Sport mode in the Rain , the only real difference that your more likely to have drops on the lens, and loose some cinematic quality, but other than that its made no difference to the the Wet Suit ability to protect it from the Rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on the lake..

I have asked Zeus to do a long distance flight with the Mini 2 with the Rescue Jacket. as he has lot more spotters than I do , I only have two so I am limited as to how far I can fly out,

Thanks Zeus: !

I am trying to coordinate to have all the spotters. Not easy find people for this but I will get it done soon.

I am trying to coordinate to have all the spotters. Not easy find people for this but I will get it done soon.
Thanks Zeus , , are you still up for the challenge , I might make a shorter Run , just to show something of what the Mini 2 can do with the Rescue jacket.

Phantomrain.org

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme