DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release : Rescue Jackets / Float your Mavic in the Sea.

There are a few designs, most of them are circles or spongebobs that require mods to your drone to install them.

Weight and Drag do limit top performance but its the Tip Over Factor that is problematic and why you see these Circle pods and Spongebobs in pools and puddles.

We really want to push the limits on what is possible on the water while protecting the Drone , add to that the Wet Suit and its a different playing field.

Phantomrain.org
Coal
In my opinion, this does not really give much protection, but a false sense of security. I have built several waterproof, floating quads and fly them over whitewater. I have had one flyaway which resulted in a water crash. The drone and GoPro survived just fine. I believe your devices would not have fared well.

In my opinion, this does not really give much protection, but a false sense of security. I have built several waterproof, floating quads and fly them over whitewater. I have had one flyaway which resulted in a water crash. The drone and GoPro survived just fine. I believe your devices would not have fared well.

Beliefs and Opinions and past History our kind of like Myths that lead to the guessing game..

This is why my company relies so heavily on Videos , without them there is no truth.

But I love the idea of landing on the raging river , floating it down and taking off.
Great Idea and most likely a blast.

Thank you

Fourteen minutes of video that didn't give me any of the important information.
How much does it eat your flight time?
How much does the added wind resistance eat your speed and ability to deal with wind?

I do think that the mod is a good one, the problems of the sponge bobs have been noted all over the net not to mention the tip over effect. ugh.

Its just not as stable as the Sea lander jackets that were truly designed for the wind and the waves.
other than that this product is good for the lakes of glass .

Reactions: Dronage
So today I took her for a spin up in 10 mph winds and got a Respectable 17 minutes in P mode straight out over the lake.

Keep in mind that the Sea Lander Jacket is designed so you can Land on the Water and get some interesting shots and remote land if needed thus getting much longer flight times.

Although it will keep you afloat if you crash in either direction , its intent is to land purposely and be secure on the water.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 4.41.38 PM.png

Last edited:
I dunno.. thinking the Restore Plan and a Getterback might be best plan over water. If the internals get, it still junk

Reactions: Latawiec
Exciting but without decent photos no further interest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol , That my bad , I like to wait for it to Rain so I can show off the combo of the Wet Suit and the Sea Lander Jacket. I will work on getting some better pictures for you. My focus was just on the Video.

thanks for your interest.
Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
So are they like a wetsuit which covers your body - ie a skin that covers and protects your drone, or is it a 'clip on' attachment that gives your unprotected drone some type of sea worthiness? Trying to determine if anything you provide has any saltwater protection of the parts (eg saltspray into the motors, gimbal, battery etc? I can't determine this from just the video.

Lol , That my bad , I like to wait for it to Rain so I can show off the combo of the Wet Suit and the Sea Lander Jacket. I will work on getting some better pictures for you. My focus was just on the Video.

thanks for your interest.
Phantomrain.org
I would really like to see that.

I also want to see that! I fly in whitewater all the time, and it sucks to know that the only thing that I have going for me is a potential recovery.

Reactions: SkipRunge
The Sea Lander Jackets utilize a brace and the Mavic is held in place with 4 Custom Made Straps .

Both the Wet Suit and the Sea Lander Jackets our two separate things , but work well together.

Salt Spray and Sand our the two biggest threats and the Mavic Wet Suits negotiates them both very well.
The Vent Covers on the Wet Suit can be adjusted and the Prop Covers keep the sand out of them.

I have yet to have any clients express concerns over salt spray , none so far as that has never been an issue .

The only time you hear of Salt and Corrosion is when a drone has been left under water but not just flying over it.

With that said both the Wet Suit and the Sea Lander Jacket our sea worthy.

Phantomrain.og
Gear to fly in the rain and float on water .
Coal

I’m new at this. But I wonder why attachments such as this or ball floats or whatever might be attached at the level of the normal landing point wouldn’t interfere with the sensors for object avoidance. The sensors don’t “see” those attachments? Just curious.

I’m new at this. But I wonder why attachments such as this or ball floats or whatever might be attached at the level of the normal landing point wouldn’t interfere with the sensors for object avoidance. The sensors don’t “see” those attachments? Just curious.

Since I am and end user for the Sea Lander Jackets it was important that the sensors still work for Quick Shot Modes over the water.

But I would never fly over the water at low levels with the sensors on.
Keep in mind much of the Open Design came from the Design for the Phantom Rescue Jackets ..

Sea Landers will be shipping on monday.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

I have a mental picture of the video feed- would be like putting your face in the water while wearing goggles if you tilt the camera down.
Isn't that what a GoPro or Osmo Action was designed for?
Use the right tool for each job!
Hang one underneath the drone on a long tether, if you need to fly there to get this "interesting" shot.

Reactions: ff22
Isn't that what a GoPro or Osmo Action was designed for?
Use the right tool for each job!
Hang one underneath the drone on a long tether, if you need to fly there to get this "interesting" shot.
Apologies if I wasn’t clear- I was joking. I don’t think the camera goes in the water.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki