DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release : Rescue Jackets / Float your Mavic in the Sea.

We already know how DJI handles flying over the water with the phantom 4 with both the Rescue Jackets and the wet suits and they honnor the warranty.

Remember Gadget we have 2 years of experience with the Phantom 4 Gear, that includes the Rescue Jacket and the Wet Suit.

Its much more important as others have stated to be able to recover your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
440-315-4803
Coal

This is the second time Gadgetman that you our spurting out FALSE and miss leading information . I thought dirk asked you nicely if you were not interested in buying to move on. Did he not ?
I have no correction to make. Your opinion about DJI Care is not binding upon DJI in any way. I stand by my quote of the DJI Care coverage exclusion:

Damage due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:

3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions."

Reactions: Brandaloo
But at least you’ll be able to retrieve it!!

Sure you will ... as long as you crash very close to shore ... or have a boat handy to go and get it.
Most of my flying is over water and it wouldn't matter how well the drone floats, if it goes down I know I won't be able to retreive it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Sure you will ... as long as you crash very close to shore ... or have a boat handy to go and get it.
Most of my flying is over water and it wouldn't matter how well the drone floats, if it goes down I know I won't be able to retreive it.

l have seen your drone, you got some money invested in it, jet skis cost $65 to rent no reason you could not get your drone back. Most likely your flying on a beautiful day as you dont fly in extreme weather.

so you could rent a row boat to get it back. Those lights you have our like a mini lighthouse , good chance you could find it. ;) That is assuming your flying VLOS.

Last edited:
l have seen your drone, you got some money invested in it, jet skis cost $65 to rent no reason you could not get your drone back. Most likely your flying on a beautiful day as you dont fly in extreme weather.

so you could rent a row boat to get it back. Those lights you have our like a mini lighthouse , good chance you could find it. ;)
Because I only fly where there's a jetski or boat rental place close by?
Lights? .. my drones don't carry any baggage
DJI_0306-364b-X3.jpg

If my drone falls from the sky, recovery is not an option but it would be pointless anyway.
Saltwater means instant death to electronics.
It's a chance you take but it's not a big risk anyway.
DJI drones are very good at flying despite the commonly held fears.
DJI_0975c-X3.jpg

I have no correction to make. Your opinion about DJI Care is not binding upon DJI in any way. I stand by my quote of the DJI Care coverage exclusion:

Damage due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:

3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions."
And I stand by this
OK guys lets stop with the back and forth poking.
If your not interested in buying then there is no use
in all the worthless chatter .
Just scroll on by.
And is the last time I will post it and goes to anyone posting .

Last edited:
And I stand by this

And is the last time I will post it and goes to anyone posting .
I just ordered the Sealander jacket for my M2P and I will be using it as soon as I get it. Thanks Coal
I too have ordered the Twilight Package/ Mavic PRO wet suit Extra and Sea Lander Jacket.
Looking forward to trying it out on my boat.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
How would we go about using the Sea lander To fish ?

Would we stay in the air with the tether or land on the water and conserve battery power since we can float on the water.

Not sure how that works , any ideas ?

Saw this video , seems to be setup without any device ,

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Last edited:
How would we go about using the Sea lander To fish ?

Would we stay in the air with the tether or land on the water and conserve battery power since we can float on the water.

Not sure how that works , any ideas ?

Saw this video , seems to be setup without any device ,

Phantomrain.org
Coal
If somebody is interested in using a drone for fishing, they should just buy a drone built for that purpose vs risking something like the M2P that wasn't designed for it. Something like the SPLASH DRONE 3

I started my drone flying with the splash, this would be going backwards , the idea is to add value to the mavics . thanks.

I started my drone flying with the splash, this would be going backwards , the idea is to add value to the mavics . thanks.
You will NEVER have the same safe feeling when flying your Mavic over water compared to the SplashDrone. I have foam ball floats mounted to my Mavic Pro and flown it many times, including touch down in water. It works as long as the water is very calm and there is almost no wind.
One time I crashed with the SplashDrone into the water (underestimated altitude) and it flipped over. Except from loosing one propeller, nothing happend. If this would have been my Mavic it would have been a case for service, at least in case of the floats would have not dismounted during the crash, otherwise the Mavic would have been lost.

I got my SplashDrone about 4 years ago, just the fuselage with motors, ESCs and gimbal. Flew it until this year with an XAircraft Minix flight controller and have now converted it to a Pixhawk 4 Mini system running ArduCopter firmware, which looks very promising up to now.

Borrowing from our Success on the Phantom 4 Rescue Jackets we were able to go a few steps further with the Mavic Sea Lander Jackets.

The Mavic Sea Lander Jackets
Weight: 5.3 ounces
30 Seconds to Install:
Super low profile enables enhanced stability for the low seas.

Designed to land on the water with ease with full protection to the camera
Designed for normal use in the Sea - River and Lakes.

Designed to keep your drone afloat in a crash.

Best compliment : A bystander thought it was a boat and asked if the drone could fly . [emoji41]

When landing on water is this easy, its a game changer.

Mavic Sea Lander Jackets will Come in Lunar Black and Lunar Purple

Designed for the Mavic 2 / Mavic Pro / Mavic Platinum / Mavic Enterprise.

Not recommended for Long Distance Flights
Can fly in all modes but P mode is recommended.
Can fly with sensors on but not recommended over water.

Interested !
email me at [email protected]

Flying over water seems generally ok to me and not too stressful the more I do it, however I don’t really see a reason to land on water, I’d be interested to see how this flotation “jacket” does in protecting the drone following motor / battery failure, I guess the real or only benefit of the jacket is to allow retrieval of the drone as even if it free falls into the water it should float ... in hindsight, it may be extremely useful to help in very low flying over water whilst filming, and I think, particularly useful for this style of photography.

To each their own. The mavic was not built for this kind of operation, it's not water resistant, not water proof, susceptible to corrosion from salt water exposure, etc.
I understand people being bored with their stuff and wanting to tinker, etc.
Accesories like this are really for people with money to burn that don't really know what they bought their Mavic for in the first place other than it was a cool gizmo.
Have fun.

If somebody is interested in using a drone for fishing, they should just buy a drone built for that purpose vs risking something like the M2P that wasn't designed for it. Something like the SPLASH DRONE 3
You will NEVER have the same safe feeling when flying your Mavic over water compared to the SplashDrone. I have foam ball floats mounted to my Mavic Pro and flown it many times, including touch down in water. It works as long as the water is very calm and there is almost no wind.
One time I crashed with the SplashDrone into the water (underestimated altitude) and it flipped over. Except from loosing one propeller, nothing happend. If this would have been my Mavic it would have been a case for service, at least in case of the floats would have not dismounted during the crash, otherwise the Mavic would have been lost.

I got my SplashDrone about 4 years ago, just the fuselage with motors, ESCs and gimbal. Flew it until this year with an XAircraft Minix flight controller and have now converted it to a Pixhawk 4 Mini system running ArduCopter firmware, which looks very promising up to now.
To each their own. The mavic was not built for this kind of operation, it's not water resistant, not water proof, susceptible to corrosion from salt water exposure, etc.
I understand people being bored with their stuff and wanting to tinker, etc.
Accesories like this are really for people with money to burn that don't really know what they bought their Mavic for in the first place other than it was a cool gizmo.
Have fun.
Please read in post # 67 what is in RED.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
@dirkclod, okay - he did ask a question about operating the Mavic as a fishing drone, but okay.

I do have a serious question for phantom rain though that I would want the answer to before I considered using such a product. Phantom, you've stated that this product is intended to allow you to land on the water as part of "normal" operations with the gear and you show it near or on the water with choppy spray, etc. How is the Mavic protected from water entering in through the air intakes? What about the gimbal joints or area behind the gimbal? How much risk of damage is someone taking using their mavic in this manner?

Well he can answer you I’m just not going to let this thread turn into bashing or calling him out like the others threads . Takes to much time cleaning and have other things more pressing to contend with. You have to understand that.
Carry on But please all do stay on topic as much as possible.
Thumbswayup

@dirkclod, okay - he did ask a question about operating the Mavic as a fishing drone, but okay.

I do have a serious question for phantom rain though that I would want the answer to before I considered using such a product. Phantom, you've stated that this product is intended to allow you to land on the water as part of "normal" operations with the gear and you show it near or on the water with choppy spray, etc. How is the Mavic protected from water entering in through the air intakes? What about the gimbal joints or area behind the gimbal? How much risk of damage is someone taking using their mavic in this manner?

Keep in mind that there our Two New Products that we offer:

The Mavic 2 Wet Suit
is designed to negotiate Rain, Splash , Spray and Snow, Hail ,Sand Dirt and Debris from getting inside the drone. See Phantomrain.org

This is why Two Videos were posted , one showing the Sea Lander on the water and one showing the sea lander with the Wet Suit.

The Sea Lander Jackets allows the Drone to land on the water with amazing stability.

These two Products together create a very solid basis to Negotiate Water on many different levels as we have clearly shown in countless videos.

So the Risk of using both products The Sea Lander Jacket and Wet Suit is minimal compared to the Risk of flying without it. ;)

The Jackets our being used creatively all over the world in ways I never thought about but fishing was not one of them thus far.

Im keeping a list of the all the ways in which the Sea lander Jackets our being used as some of them were surprising.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
Coal

Last edited:
Drag was kept to a minimum, thus the wide open appearance that worked so well on the Phantom 4 Series Drones.

Ball Floats come with there own set of problems and our awkward in the wind, something that is a constant when you fly over water.
The lower profile allows for much more stable ride on the waves and the Open Design allows for a minimum of Drag and its ability to negotiate high winds.

I fly over the ocean 90% of the time with my Mavic 2 Pro. If I was to loose it in the water I would then have to hire somebody who owns a boat to retrieve it. I wonder how well the wetsuite would do keeping the internals of the drone, including the motors away from the salt ocean water?

Keep in mind that there our Two New Products that we offer:

The Mavic 2 Wet Suit
is designed to negotiate Rain, Splash , Spray and Snow, Hail ,Sand Dirt and Debris from getting inside the drone. See Phantomrain.org

This is why Two Videos were posted , one showing the Sea Lander on the water and one showing the sea lander with the Wet Suit.

The Sea Lander Jackets allows the Drone to land on the water with amazing stability.

These two Products together create a very solid basis to Negotiate Water on many different levels as we have clearly shown in countless videos.

So the Risk of using both products The Sea Lander Jacket and Wet Suit is minimal compared to the Risk of flying without it. ;)

The Jackets our being used creatively all over the world in ways I never thought about but fishing was not one of them thus far.

Im keeping a list of the all the ways in which the Sea lander Jackets our being used as some of them were surprising.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
Coal

aren't you more likely to crash with these two products installed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus