DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product Release : Rescue Jackets / Float your Mavic in the Sea.

Apologies if I wasn’t clear- I was joking. I don’t think the camera goes in the water.
I don't think it does either, but if you want that "interesting shot" he keeps using to justify this contraption, a GoPro or Osmo Action camera is the correct tool for the job, not a $1500 drone plus a minimum of $175 for his water landing gear! That's putting a square peg in a round hole, IMHO!

Last edited:
Reactions: Latawiec
The Poseidon Ideafly looks like their drone is perfect for flying over water.
Since flying over water is the same as flying over land, the best drone for flying over water is the best drone for flying anywhere.
And a drone with a range of 800 metres, a top speed of only 7 metres/sec and a Gopro camera under a plastic bubble (imagine the glare and reflections) is not the best drone to fly anywhere.

I don't think it does either, but if you want that "interesting shot" he keeps using to justify this contraption, a GoPro or Osmo Action camera is the correct tool for the job, not a $1500 drone plus $300 worth of his water landing gear! That's putting a square peg in a round hole, IMHO!

I have been searching thru the last 50 posts that you commented on Phantom rain and

Its obvious you have no interest in the Products and dont own any of the Products but have continued to Bash them anyway . No one is going to respect that.

Posting FALSE and Miss Leading Information : No one will Respect that either !

The Cost of the Sea Lander Jacket and a Mavic Wet Suit is closer to $175 for Forum members not $300

Truth is Gadgetguy I dont mind some joking but your getting closer to Harassment and no one is going to respect you for False and mIss leading information.

Phantomrain.org
You can email me at [email protected] for the bundle.
Coal

Last edited:
I have been searching thru the last 50 posts that you commented on Phantom rain and

Its obvious you have no interest in the Products and dont own any of the Products but have continued to Bash them anyway . No one is going to respect that.

Posting FALSE and Miss Leading Information : No one will Respect that either !

The Cost of the Sea Lander Jacket and a Mavic Wet Suit is closer to $175 for Forum members not $300

Truth is Gadgetguy I dont mind some joking but your getting closer to Harassment and no one is going to respect you for False and mIss leading information.

Phantomrain.org
You can email me at [email protected] for the bundle.
Coal
Thanks for the correction! Price updated in my original post. "Miss Leading" is not a popular lady! ? What is the total price for non-Forum members when both products are bought separately?

Reactions: Brandaloo
OK guys lets stop with the back and forth poking.
If your not interested in buying then there is no use
in all the worthless chatter .
Just scroll on by.
Thanks.

Exciting but without decent photos no further interest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The all black just does not show up well on camera , but here the Lunar Purple Sea Lander Jackets, today I was roughing it up a bit slamming it down hard in the water.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 8.33.29 PM.png

20 Mph winds and it flew really nice right thru the splashes , got some interesting footage as the water comes down on the Mavic and than lifts a bit to compensate .

I have an hour of video I have to edit , but the Wet Suit with the Sea Jackets is an amazing combo.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 8.34.25 PM.png

The all black just does not show up well on camera , but here the Lunar Purple Sea Lander Jackets, today I was roughing it up a bit slamming it down hard in the water.

View attachment 81346

20 Mph winds and it flew really nice right thru the splashes , got some interesting footage as the water comes down on the Mavic and than lifts a bit to compensate .

I have an hour of video I have to edit , but the Wet Suit with the Sea Jackets is an amazing combo.

View attachment 81347
That’s ridiculous- in a good way.....

Stoked... I'm gonna put this little combo to work!! I wish I had it tomorrow for my river rescue instructor workshop.. Oh well I'll just rock the getterback and er on the side of caution. Or not, that's what care refresh is for right.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Pushing the limits a bit on the Sea Lander, Slow Motion was a surprise , slammed it down into the water , chased some splash and floated in some chopy waters in 20 to 25 mph winds..

Sea Lander Jackets held up well in a constant wind , and one point me and the seaguls were just side by side trying to move forward.
Full video will be posted on Phantomrain.org

Both the Sea Lander and the Wet Suit worked well together .
Notice how fast the water clears off the lens with that strong wind ./

View attachment 81346

View attachment 81347
Oh, my. The earlier video gives no idea of the complexity of your CONTRAPTION! (g)

Oh, my. The earlier video gives no idea of the complexity of your CONTRAPTION! (g)

Yes it is designed for Extreme Wind thus the open design and low drag allowing for perfect balance in the air and on the water and still allow sensors to work.

Wanted to see what happens when the Drone got slammed down in the water either by wave or pilot error , was very happy with the results.

It got the Phantomrain Seal of Approval: ;)

Yes it is designed for Extreme Wind thus the open design and low drag allowing for perfect balance in the air and on the water and still allow sensors to work.

Wanted to see what happens when the Drone got slammed down in the water either by wave or pilot error , was very happy with the results.

It got the Phantomrain Seal of Approval: ;)
How many drones died in the design and testing of various configurations? (g)

How many drones died in the design and testing of various configurations? (g)

lol That is funny and the sad truth is 2 Phantom 4 Pros were lost about 2 years ago when i made the Rescue jackets for the Phantoms.
I just needed to adjust for the Mavic Complex Design and nailed it. :cool:

Found this post elsewhere today. Decide for yourself whether it is relevant.

"You don't need to fly that close to the water to get the shots you want. 5-6' is plenty low enough. The camera on the M2P always appears closer to the water surface than it is. The closer to the water (or ground) surface you fly, the more motion blur you're gonna see. Some motion blur is fine, but your video will probably look better at 10' and above."

Found this post elsewhere today. Decide for yourself whether it is relevant.

"You don't need to fly that close to the water to get the shots you want. 5-6' is plenty low enough. The camera on the M2P always appears closer to the water surface than it is. The closer to the water (or ground) surface you fly, the more motion blur you're gonna see. Some motion blur is fine, but your video will probably look better at 10' and above."
You can’t land 5-6 feet off the water. Also a drone that has a flight failure over water will sink and loose your footage and opportunity to use DJI refresh just to as well regardless of what height it is flown.

Edit- to ensure my point is clear- it should be obvious that many will benefit from this product. I enjoy the challenge of honing my skills on the sticks to get the shots I want manually and find autonomous missions boring- doesn’t mean I can’t understand the benefit of litchi or other 3rd party apps.

Last edited:
You can’t land 5-6 feet off the water. Also a drone that has a flight failure over water will sink and loose your footage and opportunity to use DJI refresh just to as well regardless of what height it is flown.

Edit- to ensure my point is clear- it should be obvious that many will benefit from this product. I enjoy the challenge of honing my skills on the sticks to get the shots I want manually and find autonomous missions boring- doesn’t mean I can’t understand the benefit of litchi or other 3rd party apps.
Agreed, but why would you ever want to land on water? It's a flying camera, and not a pontoon aircraft, and you don't need to fly lower than 5 or 6 feet to get the best low, over water camera angles. Flying lower than that only creates more motion blur, ruining the cinematic footage, and adding unnecessary risk. Flight failures simply don't happen any more, unless you fly it into the water because you are flying far lower than necessary to get the shot, because of a misunderstanding of how the shot should be cinematically accomplished.

If you do fly it into the drink, DJI Care Refresh has a specific exclusion for "any damage caused by flight under unsuitable flying conditions." DJI will look at your entire flight log and see you were landing on the water, and trying to soak the drone, and they will deny coverage. Read the DJI Care policy. Recovering the drone won't help you with coverage if you were deliberately flying recklessly over, on, and in water.
====
"Damage due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:

3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions."

====
Purchasing and using this device does not make your otherwise unsuitable flight conditions suitable for flying to guarantee DJI Care coverage!
====
If you feel you need this contraption, buy it, but you really should work on your piloting skills first, and learn how shots that appear to be taken from the water surface are actually shot, so you don't need to wear water wings and a wetsuit every time you fly around and over water, and you should really read and understand your DJI Care policy exclusions. I've now been flying low over and around salt water for four years without any such devices, without ever once getting wet!

If you are truly flying VLOS, you can clearly see how low over the water you are from above and the side, and you never need to fly lower than 6 feet to look like you were in the water. Try it. You'll see.

Not sure what Litchi has to do with it, but it's a great flying app to complement or replace GO 4, especially for its LCMC functionality that allows the mission to continue despite signal loss, so flying behind tall buildings and into canyons and over the back side of mountain tops actually becomes technically becomes possible, without RTH kicking in every time! However, using that feature certainly violates any VLOS requirements in the U.S.A.

Reactions: Brandaloo and ff22
We already know how DJI handles flying over the water with the phantom 4 with both the Rescue Jackets and the wet suits and they honnor the warranty.

Remember Gadget we have 2 years of experience with the Phantom 4 Gear, that includes the Rescue Jacket and the Wet Suit.

Its much more important as others have stated to be able to recover your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
440-315-4803
Coal

This is the second time Gadgetman that you our spurting out FALSE and miss leading information . I thought dirk asked you nicely if you were not interested in buying to move on. Did he not ?

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Pushing the limits a bit on the Sea Lander, Slow Motion was a surprise , slammed it down into the water , chased some splash and floated in some chopy waters in 20 to 25 mph winds..

Sea Lander Jackets held up well in a constant wind , and one point me and the seaguls were just side by side trying to move forward.
Full video will be posted on Phantomrain.org

Both the Sea Lander and the Wet Suit worked well together .
Notice how fast the water clears off the lens with that strong wind ./

WOW ! Every time i come to this forum you have a new product i like , I'm going broke.
Sent you a Pm maybe I can get a discounted price, Sage

One thing i cannot tell from the video is if the motors are stopped and started again, it sounds like they might be turning off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov