DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New props release

Well 3 db would be half as loud plus they just look cool .

Not half as loud to the human ear unfortunately. And as DJIs own graph showed, thats only at takeoff and landing not general operation.

Why are people getting so excited about what is potentially only a 2-3db difference in noise and even then only takeoff and landing RPMs?!

People in this hobby get excited about tablet mounts, super-bright LEDs for night flying, vinyl skin decals and any other accessory to tweak or make their drones different. Why would a cool new propeller design be any different?

Now if they could make Titanium or Stainless steel Rotor's I'm on board .!
I've been going through Blade lately like a fat kid in a candy store
yes I get it mavic Pro is so easy to fly Very forgiving,stable,...... Bah bah bah
It's not the "Flying" part.
That I've got a handle on ...It's the" Landing" part that painful
I do use the RTH button almost every time then the last few feet cancel out and Crash soft or Hard landing
Just Painful

Bottom Line : I beat my mavic like a Red headed stepchild that owes me money
lol
chucky2.jpg

People in this hobby get excited about tablet mounts, super-bright LEDs for night flying, vinyl skin decals and any other accessory to tweak or make their drones different. Why would a cool new propeller design be any different?

Well, at least they're better than the stock props supposedly, so when its time to buy more props I'm just buying these. If they're even the tiniest bit quieter and let me fly for another 30 seconds I'll take that. Being they're not much more $$$$ than the originals.

I just paid 10 bucks for 8 sets of DJI OEM props from China. Since the Mavic is made in China, makes sense that a Chinese supplier would have them cheap. I ordered a spare set domestically so they'd get here quickly, and then the 8 props from China.

website link?

$10 for 8 SETS? Or just 8. Either way, that doesn't sound like the seller is making anything off them. Yeah, let's see a link to the site.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Is it just me, if you look at that listing, the pictures are just the normal blades with gold stripes on it. The new blades have the whole swept tip in gold, and the with is also different on the new ones.

You are correct. They are 8330 not 8331. Someone trying to dump the stock pile of old blades they have before the new ones get here. Probably selling them at cost while he can. Can't blame him. Don't like the gold stripe on them seems like its a trick to sell to people expecting the new blades. Although he doesn't advertise them as the platinum blades. "NEW ARRIVAL" written in the description does kinda make you wonder.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
These are not the platinum lower noise props 8331, they are the old 8330 props.

I saw a test using a dB meter that showed the quiet props a mere 3dB quieter. I think the 8330's were 71ish dB and 8331's were 68ish dB. 3dB makes zero difference to me. If it means the 8330's start going for cheap, put me on the guest list.

That is a good price !!! they are all £24 ish now.

Yeah jumped on it when I saw it, no idea when they will turn up or if they are actually genuine as they state but worth a go for that price

Yeah jumped on it when I saw it, no idea when they will turn up or if they are actually genuine as they state but worth a go for that price

The term "presale" concerns me. Back in the day, when sites like eBay had a statute of limitations for registering complaints, scammers would stretch out time by taking a long time to ship. By the time the item arrived, the statute of limitations had passed. Not sure if eBay still operates that way, but I'm sure sites like eBay and Amazon DO have some kind of complaint time limit. Buyer beware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife