DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drones from Massachusetts

FosyBear

Reactions
Hi, I am a new Drone pilot from Eastern Massachusetts! I am excited to learn as much as I can from this community and hopefully, down the road help new pilots as they join.

Best,
Charles

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: RJ111
Welcome to the forum Charles. I’m pretty new here also, some great information and people here.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to the forum! :)

if you fly over by Scituate please upload and send me the link! Used to live there.

Hi, I am a new Drone pilot from Eastern Massachusetts! I am excited to learn as much as I can from this community and hopefully, down the road help new pilots as they join.

Best,
Charles
Howdy from Wyoming welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Best,
Charles
Good luck!What area are you in?

Best,
Charles
Welcome. What drone do you fly, unless I missed it? I have the Magic Pro & usually fly in West Roxbury.

Hi Charles - I’m also a new drone pilot from Arlington, MA (not too far from you!) I’m currently flying a toy drone for learning purposes (which has been super helpful in my opinion), but my Mavic Air arrives tomorrow and I’m really excited to get it set up and start flying.

I’d love to talk to some other MA folks about where they like to fly, and answer some questions I have about restrictions in MA. It seems pretty vague as to what areas are actually off-limits beyond the obvious federal ones. It’s my understanding that flying in state parks is generally ok, but national parks are obviously not. I’d like to get some clarification on that. Particularly, Crane Beach in Ipswich and Plum Island appears to be ok per AirMap, but I know that parts of Plum Island are part of the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, so I’m curious if anyone here has experience flying there.

Welcome Charles, and have fun!

Dave
Arlington, MA

Reactions: MLaferriere
Hi Charles - I’m also a new drone pilot from Arlington, MA (not too far from you!) I’m currently flying a toy drone for learning purposes (which has been super helpful in my opinion), but my Mavic Air arrives tomorrow and I’m really excited to get it set up and start flying.

I’d love to talk to some other MA folks about where they like to fly, and answer some questions I have about restrictions in MA. It seems pretty vague as to what areas are actually off-limits beyond the obvious federal ones. It’s my understanding that flying in state parks is generally ok, but national parks are obviously not. I’d like to get some clarification on that. Particularly, Crane Beach in Ipswich and Plum Island appears to be ok per AirMap, but I know that parts of Plum Island are part of the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, so I’m curious if anyone here has experience flying there.

Welcome Charles, and have fun!

Dave
Arlington, MA
Hi Dave-I live on the north shore and have flown Crane Beach both from just outside the entrance(there's a spot to"park"on the right just before the entrance in the off season if you don't get booted)Also can fly from Ipswich Little Neck beach that can't be accessed May-Sept by car or bike.Pavillion Beach is just outside the entrance to Little Neck and the end of the Parker River Refuge which runs into Sandy Point State Reservation that is 4000' from that beach.From the air Little Neck and great neck are picturesque.Castle Hill estate is 1 air mile from Little Neck beach or 2400' from the parking spot outside the entrance to Crane Beach.Not sure if you're allowed to take off from the Crane Estate grounds but fun to try(entrance fee).As you say Parker River Refuge is off limits.from the beach just inside the refuge gate(admission)on the left is a beach with lots of parking off season.You can fly aside the refuge and there are good shots to be had of the terrain too.At dusk I've flown in downtown Newburyport from the public parking near the ocean.Nicely lit town.

Hi there, just wondering if anyone is interested to get together somewhere locally to exchange experience and flying together? I leave in Marlborough

Wow, I had no idea there were so many of us Mass Holes on this site! :cool: I spent the better part of my life on Cape Ann. Now that I have an MPZ I can't wait till it warms up to get some footage of the beautiful coastline we have here!

Wow, I had no idea there were so many of us Mass Holes on this site! :cool: I spent the better part of my life on Cape Ann. Now that I have an MPZ I can't wait till it warms up to get some footage of the beautiful coastline we have here!
Cape Ann has a wealth of photo ops from land and air.Have fun!

Reactions: JDFMavic

Best,
Charles
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54