DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new to IOS some help please

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
so decided to try out my new apple device this evening ,before i fly i always use a compass to find north i then place my take off matt with the n facing north on the compass
i then place the mav facing the N on the mat
when i did this on my old android device and checked the small radar like screen in the app the red arrow always pointed to the small white marker on tho outside edge of the display
tonight did the same thing and noticed that the radar like screen had the same white marker but unlike the android app there was also an N which i understood to mean north but this was 45 degrees from the white mark but the red arrow was pointing directly to the N on the display

i took off and flew normally no issues am i correct in thinking that the N is where the red arrow is supposed to point to show that the compass is not being affected,and also is that N being generated by the drone or the controller, the IOS display is different from android and it just confused me a tad, hope someone can help with my question TIA

Reactions: Slade
It has to do with the direction that YOU are facing with that new device in your hand. Fire it all up and once everything it is on and working, spin yourself around and watch what it does.

I have never tried to align my Mavic with magnetic north- I do get nervous though if heading depicted in the app doesn’t agree with the Mavic orientation.

Reactions: Slade
It has to do with the direction that YOU are facing with that new device in your hand. Fire it all up and once everything it is on and working, spin yourself around and watch what it does.
@Starz thanks i was a bit confused but i can see what you mean now i will get used to it after a while, i guess i got used to android and will have to learn the IOS app differences the picture on the Ipad is a lot better to see than my smaller old device though so i am glad i got it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60